does anyone still farm whimshire?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
11/08/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Lylirra
The lead content designer for Diablo III also just stopped by my desk on his way to another meeting and told me to say that Whimsyshire is "the best place to farm happiness."

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Diablo 3 needs a Sha of Happiness.
11/08/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Poobah
I said just about every masculine man out there.. your obviously one of those other guys. (Not that there is anything wrong with that... lol)

Hmm. I live on top of a mountain out in the middle of nowhere, I have a beard that Santa Claus himself would envy, and I love beating the piss out of ponies. It's just so much fun to make them explode. Real Men like Whimsyshire because they get to pretend all those ponies are those annoying brony fans that have wormed their way all across the internet.
I think it should be removed or replaced, the colorful pony crap has no place in a Diablo game (it's not even funny) and even worse the layouts are terrible. Look at the layouts of the secret cow level in D2 they were huge open areas PACKED with cows, it was actually fun mowing huge packs of them down.
11/08/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Chimaeric
i might be more willing to do it if it didn't have what feels like a 3 minute event to spawn it every time.

Space bar is your friend =)
I did get a good laugh at Whimsyshire at first but after awhile the nerd humor burns out. Let's step it up to some pissed off Inferno Cows.
Ever since 1.0.5, Whimsyshire has had an interesting buff that few have realized. Since the implementation of item affixes dropping at the monster level and not the item level, Whimsyshire is the only place to obtain items under level 58 in inferno, which can roll ilvl63 affixes! Behold the Horadric Hamburger and Spectrum in all their glory of over 600 dps AT LEVEL 30! These hidden gems make leveling an alternate character crazy easy even at monster power 10!
I actually farm there. I do my run of manor, cemetery, whimshire, and then finish manor to butcher followed by the moon cave at the highlands crossing

but I'm a CC/WW wizard and that place is tailor made for me. I've found a few set/legendarys there so It keeps me coming back. including the bracers Im wearing from a few nights ago.

It helps add length/quantity to a nice butcher run, but it probably isnt for all class/builds.
Its funny how many people start the quest and run away to skip through the talking etc.

4 space bars later and i'm in 5 seconds.

hah
nope.

place is a joke.
Cows > Ponies.

/thread
Oh yeah, I forgot to add the super Horadric Hamburgers and Spectrums sell for 50-100M if they have the crazy damage rolls (600+ DPS)!
Whimsyshire is actually one of my favorite places to farm whenever I'm looking to gear up another character, or help out a friend do something similar. It's nice change of pace (and scenery) and, hey, I get to punch bears in the face. So there's that.

As for super serious farming? Nah, not really. It's definitely not my preferred spot, but it wasn't really designed to be that. It's a fun addition to the game, for sure, but not necessarily a core part of it. :)

The first paragraph felt like i was reading an e-brochure for the game =P doing your job thumbs up haha
11/08/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Chimaeric
i might be more willing to do it if it didn't have what feels like a 3 minute event to spawn it every time.

If you start it, port back to town, put staff in your stash, and port back in the event will be over; and you cleared up some inventory space.

Why does this happen? Idk, I guess you can't see the event without the staff, so when you get rid of it you can just go right in.
11/08/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Laws

If you start it, port back to town, put staff in your stash, and port back in the event will be over; and you cleared up some inventory space.

Why does this happen? Idk, I guess you can't see the event without the staff, so when you get rid of it you can just go right in.

Are you guys talking about the chit chat with the Cow King's ghost?

If so, then you know you can just tap the space bar a bunch of times to 'fast forward' through the dialog and have the portal open in a matter of seconds...
I went there once and, perhaps it was just the length of time I spent looking at the other Diablo environment, but my eyes hurt. I didn't really find it to be any more or less fun than the rest of the game, but it's a cool idea nonetheless!
I still do and I <3 it ^^
It's a good change from all the gloom anyway...
Pre-1.05 I used to head there as soon as I hit inferno at lvl 50 for a quick power lvl up to 60. But with monster power now you can be lvl 60 long before inferno.
Used to be my favorite run on Normal. Got tons of Magic, some rares and a few Legends.

Then they nerfed drops on chests and breakables. When the clouds stopped dropping Magic, it became nothing more than a gold sink. Couldn't farm enough to cover repair costs.

I still take new characters through it once I finish Normal with them, but just to see if anything has changed for the better.
While I don't think we need more "whimsyshire" themed areas, I would like to see more "secret" areas put into the game. Like, a lot of them.