What MPlvl should I be farming for exp?

Witch Doctor
looking at my gear and skills, what MP lvl should I use when farming exp? Also, is the setup I have now good for farming? Bears are nice for the dmg, but I don't like how clunky they feel. Not to mention how close I have to get to the action. I'm trying to go for more of a glass cannon build, but so far it just has me scared to go near anything. I enjoy the acid cloud for it's distance and mobility, but not a fan to my hit in dmg dealt.

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated.
You should always be farming for exp and gear on either MP0 or MP1, doesn't matter what gear you have. If you can one shot groups of mobs on higher MP's go up a bit, but usually even with great gear you don't want to go above MP3. The longer it takes you to kill the less efficient farming becomes.

Speed is king.

There are many, many possible WD builds. We are one of the few classes that can make pretty much anything work. Look around the forums there are plenty of threads with various builds being discussed. Also, glass cannon builds really aren't viable anymore, you should always be stacking some survivability now or later MP levels are simply impossible.
Thanks, good to know
Mp1 best place for exp... but its boring....
11/15/2012 08:14 PMPosted by MADTHUNDER2
Mp1 best place for exp... but its boring....

True for a generic setup. It also improves drop quality of yellows quite a bit.

If you build and gear around it, MP0 will substantially outperform MP1 for XP.
I farm mp 5 which good legendary drop rate,not so bad exp and 50%chance for key.

I
I like MP 3-4 for fariming xp/gear
I run MP2 with my WD because I can kill just about anything in 1 bears cast.

Horrify:Stalker + max movement speed + SW:Jant is the biz. Fleeting shrines are my favorite thing ever.

Speed > high mp level for everything but key/uber runs.
MP0 act 3 is the best place for exp. Even going up to MP1 increases the hp values of enemies by 50% while only giving you 10% more exp (even lower then 10% actual bonus when you consider you were already much higher then base exp rate with NV stacks, hellfire/leorics, ruby).
mp0 is the fastest XP period.

It does not matter what your dps is.

I do 111k and still farm act 0.
MP 2-3 for me...

For best exp, choose level where you can one-shot trash with acid rain, then maximize run-speed and minimize cool downs.
i farm mostly mp3 but go down to mp2 once in a while. i find that mp3 is sort of the best of all worlds in regards to +exp and +mf, with a half decent chance at a key.

for xp its mp0
i farm mostly mp3 but go down to mp2 once in a while. i find that mp3 is sort of the best of all worlds in regards to +exp and +mf, with a half decent chance at a key.

for xp its mp0

If you mean by having a decent chance at a key then its the best of both worlds. But mp0 will be better for both xp AND money for you.

More importantly, you should never be using spiritual attunement over blood ritual.