I was extremely lucky, but were you?

Hardcore
So the other week I died on my WD in act 2 inferno, turns out it was the greatest thing that could've happened. Remade the char, found a leorics signets in act 2 normal and had 30 mil waiting for me when I got to 60.

After 20 hours played on the new char Diablo inferno was dead, but I'm now very curious as to how many hardcore players out there have reached Diablo?

So how far have you gotten with your hardcore heros?
After getting all 5 to 60 I'm taking a break, selling my extra HC gear and trying to decide which of the five I'll try inferno with. Seems like WD is the most survivable.
I'm having trouble getting past the skeleton king in nightmare.
So the other week I died on my WD in act 2 inferno, turns out it was the greatest thing that could've happened. Remade the char, found a leorics signets in act 2 normal and had 30 mil waiting for me when I got to 60.

After 20 hours played on the new char Diablo inferno was dead, but I'm now very curious as to how many hardcore players out there have reached Diablo?

I love your character names. They are my favorites too except that texas chick.
2 leorics, best luck ever haha

I love your character names. They are my favorites too except that texas chick.

Can't go wrong xD
I have over 500 hours played and not much to show for it in this game. Doesn't seem lucky to me.
After five level 60s (with two 55 DH's deaths along the way), I am now working on my WD(P8) in A2MP0. I want to get to A3 to farm there, but I haven't got the nerve to face Belial yet (been at this doorstep a dozen time and turned away).
Congrats on the Leorics! Tried farming for one but it just wasn't happening for me. I could have made enough to buy the thing in the amount of time I spent trying.

I finally cleared Inferno Diablo not too long ago. Felt great! Honestly, I was more worried about Rakanoth and Izual. Once I killed those 2, I felt pretty confident to take on Diablo.
11/18/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Craymandax
After five level 60s (with two 55 DH's deaths along the way), I am now working on my WD(P8) in A2MP0. I want to get to A3 to farm there, but I haven't got the nerve to face Belial yet (been at this doorstep a dozen time and turned away).

Belial is the only boss in game that I fear. I dread the day I have to face him in Inferno.
belial is way easier in a party now since monster hp doesnt scale so much with party members. Therefore if you are in a group of 4 and everyone has 15k dps you're guaranteed to win unless you get nuked by the poison nova more than once before healing.
Blessing in disguise bro...Blessing in disguise.
11/17/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Bryanw1995
I'm having trouble getting past the skeleton king in nightmare.

Troll! Troll!
I beat Act 4 on Inferno with my monk. Just started Act 3 on Inferno with a witch doctor.
Congrats on the finds, man.

Believe it or not though, there aren't many HC players that are probably even past act 1 inferno. But, I think most of us posting here have gotten through already or at least have what it takes gameplay wise or gear wise without a doubt. Many just don't feel the need to close the book on taking out Diablo, and are just blazing through MPs finding cool shit along the way.
11/18/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Craymandax

You're geared for belial just fine, let us know when you take him out. The drops on a3 are soooo much better, btw...
GRatz on the rings! I farmed for 2 weeks trying to get one!
You're geared for belial just fine, let us know when you take him out. The drops on a3 are soooo much better, btw...

This is the truth. These days, the only thing that's scary about Belial is his reputation. People are still worried about a 1.04 Belial in a 1.05 world.
Inferno A4 cleared with WD and Barb (each all solo) so far, currently almost ready with DH to make a run at it for #3...
I suppose I'm just not that lucky then -- at least when it comes to gear. I may be expending all my luck staying alive.

I've been grinding in Act 2 for quite a while - my Barb is paragon 24 now, and the only 'upgrade' I've found for myself were a pair of gloves that increased my damage by 2k, my resistances slightly and cost me 4K health.

Everything else I've purchased via the AH, which I think I've managed to get some 'good deals'. But now moving forward -- all the clear upgrades are going to cost me 30mil ++

I've killed Belial - 4 times, and each time his poison nova spam puts me down to less than 10% health -- just way too close for me to treat lightly.

I attempted act 3 -- and my damage is simply too low, the first elite pack I came across was a long precarious fight.

I have a new strategy for AH, that may help me make some more gold .. otherwise unless Blizz implements an equipment customization feature .. something akin to: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006890636#3 (shameless self promotion)

It may be a while before I see you at Diablo's.