Best Hardcore Players

Hardcore

You've got a lot of dead characters to say the game has no skill.

If you can improve in the game and become more proficient in the gameplay, then the game has elements of skill.

hmm? Uh walking has elements of skill too, and so does sticking a finger up your butt. Do it wrong and you can hurt yourself. There is a reason that the most competitive and accepted genre for skill is rts. Name me one hack and slash game to ever have a regional or larger venue for tournament? Thats because any monkey can click 7 keys.

And leave my dead barbs alone, I earned those deaths.

Yep this is the first game I've played in years that isn't an RTS. Its still fun though :) You can argue that people with the most play time get the furthest... But I'd say its more of a "top player = Farm time x farming efficiency" formula, and if you die your efficiency is set wayyyy back

You've got a lot of dead characters to say the game has no skill.

If you can improve in the game and become more proficient in the gameplay, then the game has elements of skill.

hmm? Uh walking has elements of skill too, and so does sticking a finger up your butt. Do it wrong and you can hurt yourself. There is a reason that the most competitive and accepted genre for skill is rts. Name me one hack and slash game to ever have a regional or larger venue for tournament? Thats because any monkey can click 7 keys.

This isn't a tournament game, or even a tournament level game in the slightest. And it's not made that way, because it doesn't even have an in game integrated player vs player aspect first and foremost.

You're using hyperbole, comparing this to walking and sticking a finger up your butt? Are you serious? You're not even thinking objectively.

For the record I've played tournament level games, and had done so for over a decade at tournament level and competed(not RTS. A different genre). I know what skill and competition is. Your argument is just based on relative terms. Relatively, no, Diablo 3 is not a game of skills comparable to that of something like Starcraft. But, to deny that it doesn't have elements of things you can improve upon and become proficient at is just ignorance.

Me bringing up your dead Barbs was not a dig, it's just a testament to my point. You reinforced that point when you said you earned those deaths. If you were more proficient it's quite possible you could've survived. Whenever my DH dies, because it will happen maybe sooner rather than later, who knows what the reason will be, likely due to my own mistake or lack of foresight.

Yep this is the first game I've played in years that isn't an RTS. Its still fun though :) You can argue that people with the most play time get the furthest... But I'd say its more of a "top player = Farm time x farming efficiency" formula, and if you die your efficiency is set wayyyy back

Top player = farm time x farming efficiency is just one way to play this game. Another is being able to control your class with as little mistakes as possible. If all players want to do is judge someone being a top player at the game just based on their heroscore or farm time or something, then credit cards and bots = top players, and if you aren't using your credit card or botting then you aren't playing to "win".
Insert post mumbling something about gearing/build strategy and execution both taking at least some skill (although the gearing/build selection can be done by someone good at it once), and something else about how as gear gets better the execution bit takes less actual execution skill.

I was going to write it all out in what would have probably been a tl;dr for most people but am a little busy at the moment.

The guy with a naked diablo MP10 kill had a plan and the skill to execute it. Although, tbh, I can't stand how he talks.
Kingxin#1722 best i played with. I'm talking overall not just one class.

Cheers.