Blizzard, I'm considering botting

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next
11/19/2012 05:43 PMPosted by ellisD
Cheating is cheating no matter how you try to skew it.
Who cares. I spent 1000 hours on this game, not my fault that it's horribly designed. I kept believing in systems and changes but none of those ever worked out in the end. That's Blizzard's fault, not mine. I play the game b/c I like the hack and slash but I'm not getting rewarded for it. If botting is the only way to get those rewards then that's what I'll want to do.
I don't think bots are the only problem. The game's the problem.

In D2, botting was EVERYWHERE, literally. Anyone who thinks it wasn't basically can't claim to have played it. Yet somehow the game remained extremely enjoyable for so many. Why?

Because, as Scala has said on a number of occasions, there was more to do in D2. Trying new builds, leveling new chars, PvPing, rushing, etc. And it was meaningful. Different builds played differently, did parts of the game differently. Sure, it's easier to just respec now and change your playstyle slightly, but it's not even remotely the same.

As he said, it's more about making your one/two characters as amazingly geared as they can be. Botting/RMAHing gives you such a colossal advantage here that it isn't even funny. Why wouldn't you want to earn millions upon millions of gold while you're at work/sleeping? It's all about currency in D3, gold or $$$. You get it or you stay poor/badly geared. There certainly isn't any character customization to make up for it. There certainly aren't frequently dropping legendaries/uniques to trade for ones you need.

It's simply a case of the game suffering to an extreme amount of one-dimensionality. And botting simply slots right in perfectly with it. Pay/cheat to win or slog your way out of it through boredom and close-to-zero reward.
Perhaps you have some debilitating condition that impairs your reading, negligence is a very real criminal offence, and if complaining is the best course of action, why not?

As for this crusade, no one has labeled you or anyone else a heretic, either way your senseless drool of which you call an 'argument' is boring and broken

Blizzard isn't neglecting botters they're doing what they need to do to address the issue and have made MASS bans in the past. Believe me when i say MORE are coming in the future. Complaining isn't the "Best course of action" It's possible that it's indeed the WORST form of action seeing as Blizzard is well aware of the issue and actively deals with it. Next be sure to tell blizzard that the sky is blue and that rain is wet.
You're just another baby in the nursery.

What was that saying again? ahh yes..

'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery', perhaps you're unfamiliar with the term 'pressure'
or perhaps you're not, perhaps your ability to comprehend is limited, or perhaps you have some vested interest in bots continuing, perhaps you're as simple as a troll vying for the attention of those greater than yourself.

Either way, I tip my hat and bid adieu until next time.
Perhaps you have some debilitating condition that impairs your reading, negligence is a very real criminal offence, and if complaining is the best course of action, why not?

As for this crusade, no one has labeled you or anyone else a heretic, either way your senseless drool of which you call an 'argument' is boring and broken

Blizzard isn't neglecting botters they're doing what they need to do to address the issue and have made MASS bans in the past. Believe me when i say MORE are coming in the future. Complaining isn't the "Best course of action" It's possible that it's indeed the WORST form of action seeing as Blizzard is well aware of the issue and actively deals with it. Next be sure to tell blizzard that the sky is blue and that rain is wet.

Cool. I live in the present. Full of bots. Been around since release. No noticeable impression of any bans so far. But, of course, since you say more are coming in the future, I can rest easy knowing the problem's on the verge of being sorted out.

Are you kidding me? Are you that retarded? Where's your proof? I see bots everywhere. I report my own friends for botting, and have done for months. They openly admit to it IN-GAME, and haven't been banned since a couple weeks after release.

And you accuse someone of acting like a child for being annoyed that nothing/not enough is being done about it? $5 inc.
Botting in a video game is exactly like cheating on the SATs. A lot of people do it, it yields great rewards, and its far easier then taking the test urself. That doesnt mean everyone should do it.
11/19/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Light
The system itself inherently rewards botters by setting an impossibly high bar, that essentially punishes those at the bottom and rewards those at the top, a top which is infinitely easier to grasp when there is little to no effort from you.

what a load of crap!!!! have you even played this game lately? the lower mp levels are the best levels for ANYONE to be farming for gear in? the only thing the higher mp's are good for are collecting keys and wasting your !@#$ing time with uber bosses, go take a took on twitch tv and look at the mp that most of those guys with your " high end" gear have farm on, 90% of them will tell you mp0 - 3 are the best, if you're not picking up the gear you must be completely incompetent at this game

Cool. I live in the present. Full of bots. Been around since release. No noticeable impression of any bans so far. But, of course, since you say more are coming in the future, I can rest easy knowing the problem's on the verge of being sorted out.

Are you kidding me? Are you that retarded? Where's your proof? I see bots everywhere. I report my own friends for botting, and have done for months. They openly admit to it IN-GAME, and haven't been banned since a couple weeks after release.

And you accuse someone of acting like a child for being annoyed that nothing/not enough is being done about it? $5 inc.

"No noticeable bans" therefore they havent been banning. I love the world of zero confidentiality you live in. They cannot tell us every single time they ban someone. Just like how a doctor cant tell you everytime he gives a 5 year old a bandaid.

Blizzard releases every few weeks a post saying how many bans they have sent out. 3rd party websites like Diablofans also releases similar info.

Just because they dont hold ur hand, kneel down to ur level and say, "Its ok, we banned all those bots that youve been crying about." doesnt mean they arent doing their job.
11/19/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Nemesis
Botting in a video game is exactly like cheating on the SATs. A lot of people do it, it yields great rewards, and its far easier then taking the test urself. That doesnt mean everyone should do it.

um no its not cuz we are playing a game.. SATs can change peoples futures.. bots don't they just give weak players a reason to complain and be jealous that they didn't download the same botting software that everyone else has
11/19/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Sal

no bans yet? what's your explanation for prices on things like gems and crafting materials on the AH suddenly changing over night then? thats when you know that the botters have been banned you ignorant fool, thats when they have to go purchase another copy of diablo and re-aqcuire all their gear to go back to botting, get in the real world before you open your mouth and start !@#$%ing
The system itself inherently rewards botters by setting an impossibly high bar, that essentially punishes those at the bottom and rewards those at the top, a top which is infinitely easier to grasp when there is little to no effort from you.

what a load of crap!!!! have you even played this game lately? the lower mp levels are the best levels for ANYONE to be farming for gear in? the only thing the higher mp's are good for are collecting keys and wasting your !@#$ing time with uber bosses, go take a took on twitch tv and look at the mp that most of those guys with your " high end" gear have farm on, 90% of them will tell you mp0 - 3 are the best, if you're not picking up the gear you must be completely incompetent at this game

What a hilarious attempt to skirt what was actually said at your own convenience, I never complained once about the MP system, the paragon leveling system what was being commented on, which very much does reward botters over real players who have to sleep, eat and go to work.
Somehow I don't think it would take you 50-100 hours to upgrade your amulet, vile ward, or nat's boots. Unless you mean literally only picking up gold and npcing all your drops and avoiding the AH altogether - a method by which you probably wouldn't have most of your gear. Not sure why you'd want 54k hp on a DH unless you're being carried through MP10 ubers and want to contribute a bit.
11/19/2012 05:54 PMPosted by ellisD
Who cares. I spent 1000 hours on this game, not my fault that it's horribly designed. I kept believing in systems and changes but none of those ever worked out in the end. That's Blizzard's fault, not mine. I play the game b/c I like the hack and slash but I'm not getting rewarded for it. If botting is the only way to get those rewards then that's what I'll want to do.

Whatever you say to make yourself feel better cheater.
You can't call me a cheater until I've actually cheated. I haven't even used the RMAH to purchase expensive gear, if you want to call that cheating as well.
For those who are sick of the game, what do they have to lose? They get banned? Well they get their life back then. They don't get banned, they have a lot of money. Win win situation.

Dangerous situation to have, when it's affecting other players
Shunning the paragon system and all it's greatness because it gives botters more of an incentive ( which existed previously already.) to bot is just plain ignorant. Gtfo my internets.
lol, don't get me started on the paragon system. Jay has been systematically destroying diablo even before the game came out. In fact that deserves it's own thread.
For those who are sick of the game, what do they have to lose? They get banned? Well they get their life back then. They don't get banned, they have a lot of money. Win win situation.
that's what I'm thinking lol!
@Light

Stop calling people scrub when you're a freaking scrub. People have goals that they set for this game with an understanding that it would be "mostly" a competitive leveled playing field. Now botting has become such a normal that it's really unfair to players who dedicate their time to playing this game. You clearly support the bots on your stance of items become cheaper. Why don't you just bot yourself then? It's clearly wayy cheaper than buying from a bot. You see how you're contradicting yourself?

11/19/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Light
I never said I wanted bots, what i said was your tears aren't going to make blizzard work any harder than they already have been working. If that was true we would have had PvP months ago. Fool. Bots are the bane of online gaming and currency and economy, everyone knows this your suggestions on how to deal with them ( if you could refer to them as that) were fundamentally flawed and elementary. Shunning the paragon system and all it's greatness because it gives botters more of an incentive ( which existed previously already.) to bot is just plain ignorant. Gtfo my internets.
11/19/2012 06:10 PMPosted by unnamed
What a hilarious attempt to skirt what was actually said at your own convenience, I never complained once about the MP system, the paragon leveling system what was being commented on, which very much does reward botters over real players who have to sleep, eat and go to work.

so because you're an impatient whiney !@#$% that isnt prepared to spend your entire spare time on this game to get your mp level up, every body else that does to get the rewards over the mp levels that doesnt bot has to pay for it? definite ignorant fool! guess what dip ^-*!? THE BOTTERS HAD THERE MAGIC FIND LEVEL UP THAT HIGH ANYWAYS BEFORE THE MP LEVELS WERE INTRODUCED!! wake up to yourself
and also if you think the botters can honestly bot through mp10 or would be silly enough to do so, you are dumber then you're already putting yourself off to be