CMWW budget sub 12million

Wizard
I started this game about 3 weeks ago and have yet to think about dipping into RMAH
Just want to share this for other new Wizards for gearing cheaply and effectively

Unbuffed
2.79APS
72k+ DPS
500RA
3744Armor
29k HP

Andarials - 3.9m - End Game version with socket 6% fire 9/4.5
Vile Wards - 300k - Cheap sub 200 intel version
Chantodo Will 1m - 50% crit dmg 1000+ non-socket, this is cheaper as the gem for the socket above this level is beyond budget.
Chantodo Force 3m - 9/10 no apoc 34-356
Lacuni 200k - no crit
Tal Rasha 1.3m

1+3+2 sockets with cheap gems =D

Belt,Boots
RA 80 per and some stats

Pants
250+ Vit
2 Sockets
32RA++

Ring1 Ring2 Amulet Gloves
APS 9 / 8 / 9 / 9
Crit 0 / 0 / 8 / 9.5

Thanks to the gearing guide
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5912671321

This gives me alot of leeway for upgrades which cost bombs but I am ALMOST as effective in all aspects as the fully geared CM mage.

Please let me know which aspects I could improve on a budget just by regular play.

Next Plans
I am planning on getting a sub 200 intel ice climber to replace to shoes I have. prolly 2m or so

Diablo2 : Paradigmshift
You have no LoH, which is fatal. Also you have only 10 APoC.

You should using an IAS Chant Wand, and then change your helm to a Storm Crow, that way you have LoH, while still keeping your aps above the 2.74 mark, you lose some paper DPS, but your build functionality will improve. Any value of IAS is okay, because you use Lacuni, so you can choose a high DPS - low aps Wand (but should be >1.7 aps).

Oh and that setup costs 1/4 of your current Wand+Helm setup.
The IAS 6% chants wands are trading 2m or so for like 900dps ones
the andarial i chanced upon, I do have a stormcrow with 74RA but i will go sub2.74

Losing 50% or so crit dmg is quite painful too

I did however find a 6%ias ring with 403Loh where i lost 4k dps but maintained 2.74 aps
and on a side gained some hp to 29,800 from 28,000

thanks for the tip!

added LoH 403 at 0 cost
You have low crit, low ias, low armor, low ar, 10 apoc - thats not really a cm just a wiz who selected CM runes.

Your profile must be way out of date cuz it says you have 2.68 ias.
Aimless,

well crit chance compensated by force armor 37+5% buffed pinpoint so i lose the 25% RA
2.74 ias is standard,

Dps, armor and ar definitely lower then a full build
Apoc is just a matter of spending on a apoc force so yes, a failed crit run can stutter the freeze cycle.

Its just to show that there is a base mage before the high value improvements come in where u can function perma freeze with lower survivability, dps which just means lower mp levels like mp0-2

you always do get gains by having better gear, the basic gear is still very low cost
Aimless,

well crit chance compensated by force armor 37+5% buffed pinpoint so i lose the 25% RA
2.74 ias is standard,

Dps, armor and ar definitely lower then a full build
Apoc is just a matter of spending on a apoc force so yes, a failed crit run can stutter the freeze cycle.

Its just to show that there is a base mage before the high value improvements come in where u can function perma freeze with lower survivability, dps which just means lower mp levels like mp0-2

you always do get gains by having better gear, the basic gear is still very low cost

While I agree that budget CM works exceptionally well, this is not the way it should be. I built 2 CM Wiz, one for me, one for my friend, both cost 1M (my friend's costs 6M, but it's because he bought a 5M APoC Chant Force, so ok).

You should always, yeah always, have at least 2 APoC pieces, no matter how much DPS you will lose. CM/WW just doesn't function without sufficient APoC. 2.74 aps is not necessary, at all, but APoC is. You can perform okay with only 2.3 aps and 25 APoC, and the DPS you put out with that will be greater than with 2.74 aps 10 APoC, there is no doubt about that, basically no DPS if you have 0 AP to cast the spells.

I also agree that EHP is just a matter of right upgrades, it will be better over time. But the core of the build, which is the combination of APoC, aps, LoH and CC, should not be underestimated. Right now you underestimate LoH, CC, and especially APoC. You can build a better character with 1/6 of that budget (about 2M), but granted you must know exactly what to buy, so I think you are fine now, just make a few adjustment here and there.
Thats not low i beat the game for 1.25m b4. There are major improvements you can do to build function and be cheaper.

ditch andys end not even beginning of game let alone end game helm due to fire damage taken and no apoc no loh like a storm crow. Get a 3.5 crit stromcrow for like 5m. Then you dont have to buy expensive apoc chants force cuz it also has 10 apoc.

Next u need a ias wand to make break point and more since ias wand counts as two regular items on ur body.

maybe now you can ditch POS no crit lacunis. cuz you need bracers with crit and ar. so build works better and more miigation.

rings and ammy need ias and CC.

build starts working well around 40cc 2.73 20 apoc.

you become a tank for higher mp around 4500 armor 700 ar but thats later like dps is.
In order for CM/WW works good, CC and APS and APOC are required.
Apoc is just a matter of spending on a apoc force so yes

Oh yeah i forgot to address this. Wait till you price that lol. at ur 3m source dam it's gonna cost 200-250m.

No budget build has a apoc chants period. Prolly the most overpriced item in the game besides inna pants.