~ Uber Boss Guide ~

Hardcore
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
This is awesome thanks so much. I literally came on d3's site to learn more about HC Ubers and bam top of the list.

+1
very informative, thanks
Uberness!
Needs updated: A4 Key Warden now drops random keys.
Coming back to D3 after a long time and wondering... is it even worth it to open a portal if im only comfortable with mp2 keywarden farming? finally, after 20 para lvls, i got 3 keys and the plan and im eager to open the portal at least once, but at the same time im kinda afraid, so i would pick mp1.

so is it still worth the practice effect, or would u suggest to just wait and farm for better gear?

Great Guide, btw!
Ubers are very easy if you can farm key on said Monster Power.
They are even easier in group now because they only get +50% hp per player (was 75% previous patch).

Actually i can solo MP7 uber with ease, but farming MP7 keys/elites solo is kinda dangerous.

I would say that uber are easier than their standard farming MP counterpart.
~~ The Fights ~~

Realm of Discord - Skeleton King + Magda

Difficulty - Hardest for Range/Low EHP Characters

Strategy:
- All 4 players MUST pile Skeleton King. He is a massive threat to everybody's safety. The CM/WW Wiz or Stun Monk should be trying their best to lock him down

- Keep a close eye on Magda. She will be periodically dropping Arcane beams and locust swarms.
--- Alone this aren't overly threatening, but several beams or a locust swarm + a Skeleton King homerun swing could be the end of your character

- Once the Skeleton King is downed, everyone should proceed to fighting Magda

- Do NOT get her trapped in corners, as she will often just drop 2-3 arcane beams at her feet and make it near impossible for certain players to get in and damage her.
--- If she is trapped in a corner of one of the staircases at the southern corners of the map, everyone should pull back (Witch Doctors and monks should get their pets/allies off of her) and wait for her to come back into the open

- Much like her actual Act 2 boss fight, at 3/4 - 1/2 - & 1/4 life, she will put up a defensive orb and summon berserker demons. Swiftly kill them to have her drop her shields and begin to kill her again
--- Make sure to stop hitting her when her health stops moving, there is a bug where if you continue to proc CC effects on her she will just keep fighting and not summon demons

This is a long thread so maybe this has been mentioned before, I've done a couple thousand uber runs as a CM wiz and especially on high mp you never want to go for SK and leave Magda wandering around dropping arcane beams and pelting you with bees.
As soon as you can attack tp on her and lock her down, don't even worry about SK. SK will always tp to Magda if shes being attacked so just lock her down and wait, after a few seconds he'll tp right on top of you and get caught in your freeze, then dps'ers in the group are then free to unload on him without having to watch their backs. Much much easier if done this way.
This is a long thread so maybe this has been mentioned before, I've done a couple thousand uber runs as a CM wiz and especially on high mp you never want to go for SK and leave Magda wandering around dropping arcane beams and pelting you with bees.
As soon as you can attack tp on her and lock her down, don't even worry about SK. SK will always tp to Magda if shes being attacked so just lock her down and wait, after a few seconds he'll tp right on top of you and get caught in your freeze, then dps'ers in the group are then free to unload on him without having to watch their backs. Much much easier if done this way.

What MP are you talking about? Most HC'ers don't really go above MP7-8, and Maghda isn't really an issue if you are geared well enough.

Those that do MP10 ubers have a well-knit group that they go with and have their own tactics.

I can see your CM wiz has low armor and resists. Maybe that's what's causing your distress from Maghda's attacks?

EDIT: looks like it's archon-geared right now, I don't know if your CM setup has more defense.
I have a p94 wiz in sc that was cm all the way and my HC cm died last week, check my fallen hero list. The wiz in my profile is the reroll, hi 60 last night, only thing I've got for her so far is the cc Nats and Nats boots.
Old wiz -> http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/richtko-1182/Hyron/28494278

I'm talking mp7-10, and the goal as a CM wiz is to lock BOTH targets down, the only way to do that is by going for Magda first. If you want a fast safe fight, that's the way to do it.
Very informative thread. Thinking about doing ubers soon with a few buddies. Can someone look at my profile and tell me if I'm ready for MP5? Kinda want to make it worth it if we're putting our lives on the line. Thanks for the input.
is there any chance that someone can summarize the bench mark dps/ehp for effectively killing uber bosses on each MP level?

HC player find it difficult to step up a gear in terms of MPs. wud be nice to have a rough idea when to start a fight without ending up in the graveyard XD
Hey guys, cool to see this thread still going :)

Try to keep in mind, this was written about 7 months ago - when perhaps 30-40 people (total) could do >MP5 ubers...

Yes, it is now better to focus on Magda and have SK come to you... but at the time this was written, Skelly king was basically a 1 hit if he swung on someone in higher MP, so we focused on him.

Anyhoo, thanks for keeping it alive :P Almost 8k views, damn haha

is there any chance that someone can summarize the bench mark dps/ehp for effectively killing uber bosses on each MP level?

HC player find it difficult to step up a gear in terms of MPs. wud be nice to have a rough idea when to start a fight without ending up in the graveyard XD

Really hard thing to ask for :/ DPS and EHP requirements can change so greatly, depending on what classes are in your party.

I don't think anyone will ever be able to create a perfect list of "This should be your DMG, This should be your EHP, for MP#"

Maybe some day when I feel cocky I can try to suggest exact values for people :P

A good benchmark is: If you're having trouble getting 5 stacks, you're in the wrong MP
If you're killing elites in >30-40 seconds, you're in the wrong MP

You want to be taking down elites in 5-20 seconds (Depending on their difficulty), or at least, that's what I feel.

Good luck
Yeah, every time I see a question about ubers, I reference this thread. It has all the necessary information to succeed doing ubers.

Good job again!
btw just to give an advice for DH's with the Act 2 warden, it's a lot easier with elemental arrow (ball lightning rune) just avoid mortars while shooting these orbs inside the bubble and the kw will be dead as soon as the spinning move is over, the reflected orb doesn't deal dmg at all and it stacks a lot of sparks in that zone.
Thanks for the good advice on the Ubers. So, if I am farming on mp 6, then I could reasonably be expected to do Ubers with a good team on level 6 or maybe 7. . .
I just got linked to this thread, so i figured I would ask some of my questions here instead of creating a new topic:

- Maghdas bees are physical dmg or what? And does her arcane sentries deals the same dmg as other elite arcane sentries? (it seems like its stronger)

- Any way to compare the damage they do? Like, experimenting in softcore, i found that a maghdas bees hit deals a little more than a charge from a savage beast, but i may be wrong, is this kind of information anywhere? Like how much does a full ZK climb collapse deals and stuff like that

- You said every team member needs to have 500k unbuffed ehp each. Why unbuffed? What´s the difference if i have 500k buffed or unbuffed in this controlled enviroment fight since i will always be buffed?
I just got linked to this thread, so i figured I would ask some of my questions here instead of creating a new topic:

- Maghdas bees are physical dmg or what? And does her arcane sentries deals the same dmg as other elite arcane sentries? (it seems like its stronger)

- Any way to compare the damage they do? Like, experimenting in softcore, i found that a maghdas bees hit deals a little more than a charge from a savage beast, but i may be wrong, is this kind of information anywhere? Like how much does a full ZK climb collapse deals and stuff like that

- You said every team member needs to have 500k unbuffed ehp each. Why unbuffed? What´s the difference if i have 500k buffed or unbuffed in this controlled enviroment fight since i will always be buffed?

I'm not sure if her swarm is physical damage or not. It would make the most sense, seeing as the swarm is hitting you and not casting on you, but who knows with Blizzard.

I believe her beams deal slightly more. Normally I could sit on 2 crossing beams during an elite pack without much stress, but hers HURT. That could also be because during an elite fight I usually have more enemies to proc LoH off, but who knows.

500k unbuffed EHP is just something I said because each member of the team may get different levels of "Extra EHP" that isn't shared among the party.

Example: A Wizard uses Prismatic, which is personal, but might also get monk buffs and barbs WC.

Just an easy way to put it instead of explaining the possible group formations I guess
Was just considering running ubers since I got bored of levelling and this thread has been absolutely brilliant!

I was just wondering if anyone could advise on which MP level my DH should be trying ubers on.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kai-6449/Kai/28490642
11/24/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Kai
Was just considering running ubers since I got bored of levelling and this thread has been absolutely brilliant!

I was just wondering if anyone could advise on which MP level my DH should be trying ubers on.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kai-6449/Kai/28490642

Neat :) Glad to see this thread is still helpful for players even a year after it was made. The info is a touch out-dated and the playstyles make some of the techniques a bit inefficient, but the basic info is still relevant :P

As for your DH, sort of depends what group you are with. For soloing, I wouldn't go much higher than MP1 or 2. It's just too hard for a DH to solo ubers. Too much going on around you, you'll use your discipline too fast and be in trouble

If you have a solid lock-down CM in your party, and a few people with comparable DPS to your char, I could see you doing MP5-6 pretty comfortably.

With 800k+ EHP you could make the jump to 7 or 8, depending on the gear and quality of your teamates

Good luck!
you did not say witch mashine witch portal opens and witch part there drops -1