Question about DHs. Might try one out.

Demon Hunter
I have gotten two of every class to 60 except a DH which I have never even played past like 40. Im getting bored of my monk cause all I do is fire up Tempest Rush and run through every map in Act 3 at warp speed and collect loot whichle watching TV. Even bound my buffs to my mouse so I can just play using 1 hand and do other stuff with the other.

Just wondering how fast a DH can farm low MPs? For example if I switched all of my monk gear over to a DH, sold my Inna Set for some DH gear, and swapped my Skorn for a decent Manticore how fast would I farm low MPs and what MP level could I do? Or is it just better to keep doing MP 0-2 and 1 shot everything?

Also what are the stat priorities for a DH?
demon hunter are the slowest paragon farmers out of all the classes. honestly, youre better off investing in a ww barb if you want to farm.

it is best for demon hunters to run MP1 act 3 to paragon farm (roughly 10 minutes per run)

stat priorities: (damage) 1crit chance, 2atk spd, 3crit dmg, 4dex. (survivability) AR, %life, vit, armor/strength, dex

respectively, only if your character is decent+ (around 100k dps, 30k hp) would this apply.

i dont suggest playing demon hunter even though DH is my main :D
Just consider, DH can't always be moving forward. You can mow through trash mobs and elites but there's always 2 steps forward 1 step back in play.

Unless you're very well tanked which sacrifices dps potential unless you're filthy rich, you can't just willy nilly run to elites and f them up, then move on. Often you have to tackle the rabble so you have space to move around without getting smacked around by bystanders / stragglers.

Nonetheless, DH is fun for the fast and hectic play style.
11/25/2012 10:37 AMPosted by ezBreezy
demon hunter are the slowest paragon farmers out of all the classes.

I dont see how. Seen videos of DH using multi shot or Strafe and just 1 shotting everything.
11/25/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Dabrixmgp
demon hunter are the slowest paragon farmers out of all the classes.

I dont see how. Seen videos of DH using multi shot or Strafe and just 1 shotting everything.

Yeah but those are ideal scenarios and or superior geared ppl. Common experience is, yes DH are lawnmowers but when you hit rocks.. kinda dulls the blade.

Again, if you're filthy rich you can steamroll mp3 like a tsunami w/ hunger-teeth and loaded for bear with huge crit chance, CD and APS. Most cannot afford the 4 trifectas, legacy nat's, dml and crazy bow to have it that easy.
Sorry didn't mention.
Stat priorities depend on build but basically.

Trifecta > dex > AR > vit > Life steal > LoH > everything else.
I clear pretty fast on my DH... I think DHs farm pretty fast. I use multishot and all white mobs die in one hit and I am not filthy rich either :)
run through every map in Act 3 at warp speed and collect loot whichle watching TV. Even bound my buffs to my mouse so I can just play using 1 hand and do other stuff with the other.

erm... this is what every class does once you get half decent gear ;)
11/25/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Philos
run through every map in Act 3 at warp speed and collect loot whichle watching TV. Even bound my buffs to my mouse so I can just play using 1 hand and do other stuff with the other.

What stats does a DH need to be able to do this?
I just find it more relaxing facerolling lower MPs than having to actually play the game and be aware of things at higher ones.
11/25/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp

What stats does a DH need to be able to do this?
I just find it more relaxing facerolling lower MPs than having to actually play the game and be aware of things at higher ones.

comfortable speed farming on low mp with eyes closed... on DH... hmm i'd say about

400 all rez
4k armor
40k hp
100k dps

after this point you'd prolly just want more dps to make the runs faster... you shouldn't die even w/o paying attention with these stats...

only difference is you might need a lil LoH or lifesteal on your gear in order to truly not pay attention... otherwise you'll need to at least watch your peripheral to see when your screen goes red... then you shadow power :)
Sorry didn't mention.
Stat priorities depend on build but basically.

Trifecta > dex > AR > vit > Life steal > LoH > everything else.

If I wanted a speed farming build for MP0-1 using something like Bola and Strafe or Multishot what would my stat priority be in terms of attack speed, crit chance, and crit damage.
Sorry to ask, but what is AR? thanks
Edit.. misread the qq.

Strafe is a cluster**** of its own. You have to build around it w/ very high hatred regen for it to be viable unless you're using it to skirt out of situations.

For most builds including bola / whatever, I'd say unless you're going for some crit proc effect:
CD > CC > APS

But get APS w/ 2hxbow above 1.8, that's much more comfortable. Everything else is preference. I prefer to DW 1hxbows but that's just me.. far from the norm.

I use evasive - covering fire / cluster - loaded for bear to speed clear mp1. Passives are vengeance, SA and Arch. Rest is caltrops (pick flavor), prep backup, smoke, vault tumble. Again, I don't have a standard DH if you look at my profile. Plenty other DH's do and their stats are better since they SW a manticore / dead mans legacy.
11/25/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Petrus
Sorry to ask, but what is AR? thanks

All Resist
I have gotten two of every class to 60 except a DH which I have never even played past like 40. Im getting bored of my monk cause all I do is fire up Tempest Rush and run through every map in Act 3 at warp speed and collect loot whichle watching TV. Even bound my buffs to my mouse so I can just play using 1 hand and do other stuff with the other.

Just wondering how fast a DH can farm low MPs? For example if I switched all of my monk gear over to a DH, sold my Inna Set for some DH gear, and swapped my Skorn for a decent Manticore how fast would I farm low MPs and what MP level could I do? Or is it just better to keep doing MP 0-2 and 1 shot everything?

depends on your playstyle you ultimately end up with... but as for stats i will lay em down for you

2000+dex
1000+vit (life% is not as effective below 1000 vit)
400 resist all
45% cc (once you have all the other stats increase this one first)
300cd
wpn
500-1200 bow min wpn dmg
or
1000-1600 2hxbow +sock to get you started farming.

these are minimum stats to shoot for and you should be able to do mp1-3 no problem.

depends on your playstyle you ultimately end up with... but as for stats i will lay em down for you

2000+dex
1000+vit (life% is not as effective below 1000 vit)
400 resist all
45% cc (once you have all the other stats increase this one first)
300cd
wpn
500-1200 bow min wpn dmg
or
1000-1600 2hxbow +sock to get you started farming.

these are minimum stats to shoot for and you should be able to do mp1-3 no problem.

This. (edit: though vit doesn't need to be 1k.. 700 - 800 is fine)
yah thats true. i like to be above 45khp personally.
its preference above 750vit
Whats the preferred build for speed farming MP0-1.
If ya wanna be cookie cutter go this way.

Manti 1k+, 80+ CD w/ 2 socks - DML, best you can get.
Gear up however you want but stick to Onibaku's recommendations.

Pri - Hungering / spray of teeth
Sec - Elemental / Ball lightning

Prep - backup or scars
Vault - tumble or ToC
Shadow - Gloom
Pick your 4th. Bat companion and caltrops are popular but neither really out does the other. You could also put smoke screen here if you want CC protection.

Passives - Vengeance, Steady, Archery
For MP0 will you even really use Shadow Power that much? Or if your DPS is high enough do you just 1 shot everything before it even gets close to you?