Unbind Hellfire Rings

General Discussion
Someone mentioned this in another thread, and I thought it deserved it's own title... I'm sure it'll just get pushed down, but maybe it'll linger in the back of peoples heads long enough to make an impact.

Unbind the Hellfires so that we can sell them - it's silly to put that much time and effort into this new end-game aspect of the game (not THE end game, but an aspect of it, clarity) on both your end and ours, and then have it be so lacklusterly rewarding. If HF rings could be sold, I would still be running ubers. Instead I've resigned to equipping a bunch of crappy MF gear and running MF runs on Mp1. I don't ever find anything, but there's also NO point in me running Ubers, since I'm satisfied with my current hellfire.

Why am I satisfied? Because I would have to get a very good roll to get a better ring than I have now, and mine isn't even that good. But the amount of effort I'd have to put into grinding out the OPPORTUNITY to have a ring upgrade (45 elite packs on Mp10) isn't worth it when I can't sell my old one.

That's it. Basic idea. That's all I've got.
Maybe not unbind hellfire rings, but atleast make keys and organs tradable in game and on the AHs.
Maybe not unbind hellfire rings, but at least make keys and organs tradable in game and on the AHs.

Actually, that's an excellent idea!!:D
11/30/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Estoppel
Maybe not unbind hellfire rings, but atleast make keys and organs tradable in game and on the AHs.

This

And make HF ring salvage into one of the three random organs!
I kinda like the ring, organs and keys being bound. Its a way of showing others you went through hell to get the ring instead of just buying it. As it is right now if someone has a hellfire ring, its pretty much proof that they are dedicated to the game and got a reward for their dedication.

Its basically the i conquered diablo3 ring.

I dont see any problem with making the ring salvageable to give back some organs.
I kinda like the ring, organs and keys being bound. Its a way of showing others you went through hell to get the ring instead of just buying it. As it is right now if someone has a hellfire ring, its pretty much proof that they are dedicated to the game and got a reward for their dedication.

Its basically the i conquered diablo3 ring.

Now i dont see any problem with making the ring salvageable to give back some organs.

I would love to make an amulet that needs 30 spines to craft so I can show off how much time I wasted on Uber, and gained nothing back.
I am ok with Hellfire rings being account bound.
I'm fine with the way it is as well
Honestly, once you're max paragon, the ring becomes pointless unless you have a GG ring. It's easier to get a unity or something to replace it.
Hellfire rings suck major balls anyway. making them not being account bound won't change a lot.
No, just no. It is fine the way it currently is. The only added changes that need to be made is chance for organ when you break it for mats or chance for a key to return. Making the ring sellable on the AH means we will just see a big flood of bad Hellfire rings enter auction. Doing key runs on MP10 is a dumb choice. Any decently geared person can easily do MP5 and get a 50/50 chance for keys to drop.

Nah, keep hellfire rings account bound but add more stuff to do at the end game.

11/30/2012 01:57 PMPosted by prankmaster
Hellfire rings suck major balls anyway. making them not being account bound won't change a lot.

Not really. It's essential for paragon grinding. You could even say you need 2, one for you and one for your Follower.

This keys should be tradeable. You can already sell your machines by entering a game, making a portal and then leaving. It's just a nuisance to do so now.

The rings themselves should still be account bound though. They also should cost a lot more gold to craft.
actually, i think u should get 1 random ingredient back when u salvage a hellfire ring
+1

People already sell the service so no actual effort is required to obtain them.
What's the harm in adding them to the AH?

We can laugh as they go from 10 million down to 25k in a matter of days.
I like it being account bound
Keys would make for a fine commodity.
11/30/2012 02:28 PMPosted by skooo

Nah, keep hellfire rings account bound but add more stuff to do at the end game.

Not really. It's essential for paragon grinding. You could even say you need 2, one for you and one for your Follower.

Well adding more stuff tot eh end of the game is obviously the preferable solution - but do you see that happening any time soon? The whole point of this is that there isn't !@#$ to do in the endgame other than mindlessly MF right now. The 100 Paragon HC guy had a lot of great ideas for new endgame stuff, but until we see some of that, adding the ability to sell Hellfire rings would just give us another option for something to do to break the monotony as a way to generate revenue. Just like MFing.

And the Rings are not a status symbol. I'm sorry. Everyone has a ring. I've made 6 or 7, and I don't even play that much. Granted, I've had abnormally good luck with my drop rates, but still.

I don't need my E-Peen stroked, I need something to keep me entertained. And yes, currently they are fairly useless at P100... Unless you get an amazing roll. Adding them to the AH would just add another possibly worthwhile legendary ring option with a cool proc effect. A trifecta hellfire is just as good as a unity trifecta.

And yeah, idiots would flood the AH with worthless ones... that's what the search options are for. Narrow it down to exactly what you want and hit search... There you go, you eliminated all of the useless ones.

I do agree that Organs should able to be traded. Or at LEAST keys. I find A1 keys almost eveyr time I run, and hardly ever get A2 or 3.
While we're talking about hellfire rings...

Are you able to wear 2 of them and stack the exp% or are you restricted to one per character?

I'm still to get any of the components, but then again I've only done 4 runs at mp4 at ubers.