[2]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

Barbarian
Prev 1 3 4 5 27 Next
Hey Uber, wanted to bounce this off ya. I found the Blackthorn boots im wearing and since i was doing speed runs to hit 85 I put them on because my slow climbers dont have MS. The 7% reduced damage from elites got me thinking about what you wrote about the Ice Climbers.

If the 10% to cold damage is bis for mitigation, wouldnt that make the 7% reduction from elites maybe even better? I thuoght so, even if im wrong, its still a good mod to have. So I found an ok IK chest piece that had 6% on. So now im sitting at 13% reduction from elites.

The trade off is about 6 or 8k dps loss from my ice climbers. Not the end of the world and if I can sort out an echo with a socket I think it will put me comfortably ahead.

Thing is. Your other reductions are pretty good to a point where the effect of elite% reduction is diminished. >.>

At 65% reduction from armor and 65% reduction from AR.

Mob hits= 100k x 0.35 x 0.35
= 12.25k

At 50% reduction from armor and 45% reduction from AR, 35% reduction from crushing advance, 20% melee reduction, 14% elite reduction

Mob hits= 100kx 0.50x0.55x0.65 x0.80 x 0.86
=12.298k

Remember this? Your setup can hit the first example. So there's really no point opting for the 2nd example's form of reduction.
Hello Uberjager,

Been reading this post since I started back on D3 about a week ago. Leveled my bard and bought some gear to get started.

Recently I got a bit luck on a drop and made some gold.

Sitting at about 90m to spend.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to dump all the gold into 1 item.

I'm looking for some suggestions to try and make some smarter decisions. Where would you go where I stand.

Thanks in advanced

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Blackendice-1323/hero/18805897

Good day
I glanced at this the first time, and while I took it for face value, it doesnt jive quite. Lets go over this one time

100,000x.5= 50,000
50,000x.55=27,500
27,500x.65=17,875
17,875x.80=14,300
14,300x.80=11,440
11,440x.86=9836.4

Im getting old, and math is now a fuzzy past but this is correct?

It looks like an additional 1/3rd damage has been saved.

unless there is a cap somewhere im not aware of.
I glanced at this the first time, and while I took it for face value, it doesnt jive quite. Lets go over this one time

100,000x.5= 50,000
50,000x.55=27,500
27,500x.65=17,875
17,875x.80=14,300
14,300x.80=11,440
11,440x.86=9836.4

Oh god damn. Silly me. I probably put in an extra 0.80 into the equation. Thanks for the observation. Answer should still be 12.298 without that 0.80.
Hi Uber ,

tks for the nice thread . just got this acc from my brother who stopped playing. Been using WW build, should i change to 2 piece 1 handed instead and what weapon should i look for?
good guide

it will help alot, tnx
Okay so some of the information there went over my head but for the most part I think I get the main concept, I need to re-gear. Can I get a general quick overview of what I'm looking for to regear on a low budget, I'm hoping to clear Mp 6 but 5 will be okay with efficiently. Like 1 pass trash and maybe 20-30 second elites? I have about a 30-50 mill budget depending on sales.
Hi Uber ,

tks for the nice thread . just got this acc from my brother who stopped playing. Been using WW build, should i change to 2 piece 1 handed instead and what weapon should i look for?

Need to know budget.

12/01/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Felandro
Okay so some of the information there went over my head but for the most part I think I get the main concept, I need to re-gear. Can I get a general quick overview of what I'm looking for to regear on a low budget, I'm hoping to clear Mp 6 but 5 will be okay with efficiently. Like 1 pass trash and maybe 20-30 second elites? I have about a 30-50 mill budget depending on sales.

As with all builds, please check Nubtro's thread on breakpoints.

Get 2 piece IK. Probably belt and boots. Get both with decent rolls on vit.

Thats about it.
Thanks for the tips Uber!!

Did both sugestions and I'm liking it so far :D (bnet still didn't update)

Any other sugestions?
I just got a really nice Manticore and I'm hoping to sell it for a good amount, so I'll probably get a nice budget for upgrades soon ^^
Fact is all you need to know is nubtro's thread + EHP formula, everything else you wrote is irrelevant. sorry to be rude.
There are currently one 70 str. 120 vit trifecta archons on AH.

Well. The last time I checked (about 1 hour ago).

See if it fits your needs. It was at 25m.

Uberjager, I forgot to thank you for making this wonderful thread. I have read all posts. And thank you for the advice on the gloves. I really want to upgrade it too, as I have been looking for a pair. However, I value the 7 yard radius a lot for paragon run.

Here is my other question. You already stated in the previous thread that keep lvl2 is the best place for experience and that's how you get 1.5M exp/min. Do you jump in the game and go to lvl2 directly? I am following the traditional alkaizer route (MP1) and only get 1M exp/min at best.
12/02/2012 08:14 AMPosted by reddragonjak
Fact is all you need to know is nubtro's thread + EHP formula, everything else you wrote is irrelevant. sorry to be rude.

Its quite understandable that you'd feel this way after a summary glance. :P But yeah.

Looking at your build I see you've already to a pretty large extent know the content which I've put into this guide which is why you might find it not as useful.

But I do feel that for your setup, you're having a hard time trying to upgrade your dps as you rely on your amulet abit too much for your current HP.

Also, just wondering your EHP seems pretty fine to be able to tank stuff. You've also got pretty decent lifesteal. Why the need for throw weapon? Personal preference?

Thanks for the tips Uber!!

Did both sugestions and I'm liking it so far :D (bnet still didn't update)

Any other sugestions?
I just got a really nice Manticore and I'm hoping to sell it for a good amount, so I'll probably get a nice budget for upgrades soon ^^

Ps you mind if I wait till your profile loads then I take a look? :D

There are currently one 70 str. 120 vit trifecta archons on AH.

Well. The last time I checked (about 1 hour ago).

See if it fits your needs. It was at 25m.

Uberjager, I forgot to thank you for making this wonderful thread. I have read all posts. And thank you for the advice on the gloves. I really want to upgrade it too, as I have been looking for a pair. However, I value the 7 yard radius a lot for paragon run.

Here is my other question. You already stated in the previous thread that keep lvl2 is the best place for experience and that's how you get 1.5M exp/min. Do you jump in the game and go to lvl2 directly? I am following the traditional alkaizer route (MP1) and only get 1M exp/min at best.

The alkaizer setup heavily relies on elite kills to be able to get the exp bonus.

The problem in lower (0-1) MP levels is that if you want to kill elites fast you need upwards of 70k unbuffed dps but what this does is that it kills trash too fast that you're unable to permanently maintain WoTB.

What I do is run a full cains set, radiant ruby, 2 leorics and 2 hellfires for my follower and I.

I just clear trash in keeps 2 ignoring all elites, after I hit a dead end or the end of the zone I leave game and re-enter into keeps 2 again. Also take note as per my discussion with lorenze yes, it has extremely high EXP/min but at the same time you lose out on your loot/min.
hi, thanks for the reply. yes, you are right about the amulet, chd cc is much better for this slot, i choose to keep the breakpoint i get from the amulet instead.

Throw is just nice skill to have.

Again sorry to be rude, i can see how putting all the info we know into a guide can help players. A bunch of very smart guys figured the mechanics of this game out way back in 1.01, but there work gets lost amongst the mis-informations i guess.
What I do is run a full cains set, radiant ruby, 2 leorics and 2 hellfires for my follower and I.

I just clear trash in keeps 2 ignoring all elites, after I hit a dead end or the end of the zone I leave game and re-enter into keeps 2 again. Also take note as per my discussion with lorenze yes, it has extremely high EXP/min but at the same time you lose out on your loot/min.

I see how you do your exp run.

You are right. I have a hard time keeping WOTB even with SOJ. What I always aim is to keeping run like the wind up.

I am not sure if you really lose a lot of loot/min. I heard somewhere that nowadays, 60% of leg drop comes from white mobs. I don't know how many leg dropped during an 1 hour of plvl farming session for you in keep lvl2.
hi, thanks for the reply. yes, you are right about the amulet, chd cc is much better for this slot, i choose to keep the breakpoint i get from the amulet instead.

Throw is just nice skill to have.

Again sorry to be rude, i can see how putting all the info we know into a guide can help players. A bunch of very smart guys figured the mechanics of this game out way back in 1.01, but there work gets lost amongst the mis-informations i guess.

Tbh. Though Dino was the first to put the double WW build out in US and EU I believe that Asian servers chanced on it before hand. Same with the Old devil's anvil build, alot of these builds were theorycrafted by Asian players even before we knew about them.

But yeah, each person has his or her own version of history, I can only tell it from my perspective.

Feel free to comment on what your opinions are on the matter. On what you feel needs to be addressed. Right now its just a sweeping statement and I don't know what to make out of it.

I see how you do your exp run.

You are right. I have a hard time keeping WOTB even with SOJ. What I always aim is to keeping run like the wind up.

I am not sure if you really lose a lot of loot/min. I heard somewhere that nowadays, 60% of leg drop comes from white mobs. I don't know how many leg dropped during an 1 hour of plvl farming session for you in keep lvl2.

Its less than when I do Mp10 runs :)
Hi Uber , tks for the nice thread . just got this acc from my brother who stopped playing. Been using WW build, should i change to 2 piece 1 handed instead and what weapon should i look for?

Need to know budget

assuming a budget of 3b

100,000x.5= 50,000
50,000x.55=27,500
27,500x.65=17,875
17,875x.80=14,300
14,300x.80=11,440
11,440x.86=9836.4

Oh god damn. Silly me. I probably put in an extra 0.80 into the equation. Thanks for the observation. Answer should still be 12.298 without that 0.80.

Got it, but if we stick to the first situation, and eliminate crushing advance as I dont use it we end up with:

100,00x.35=35,000
65,000x.35=12,250
42,250x.80(melee)=9,800
9,800x.86=8,428

9,800-8,428=1,372

What im pointing at is the savings from damage from elites is 1372, thats only melee damage. elemental damage would have a higher savings as there wouldnt be the 20% melee reduction factored in.

It would be further diluted with crushing advance, but the goal is to not use that.

Im not arguing with what you said as its correct, im just trying to advocate the use of a pair of boots that might not be the norm. The boots have better mitigation then ice climbers it think, they are a lot cheaper, and have MS. It gives some options to avoid feeling like innas are a must have.

But if we look at set bonuses, I think the boots can start to justify themselves if we can hit some 2pc or 3 pc bonuses.

If we pair the boots with the pants, then we can more or less safely move away from life steal on one of the weaps.
Follow up of my resent post. I realized that my last request was not to clear I'll try again :)

After reviewing the guide again and most of the post of the last thread.

My assumptions are to hit the APS break point for nados.
Getting this to 2.0 minimum

I'm not sure where to begin to start upgrading.

Armor > rings/ammy > weapons ?

Any thought would be greatly appriciated.

PS:
I run mp1 a3 pretty well only die to a few affixs if i make a wrong turn or beserker is down.

Edit: 70 Mil Budget
12/02/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Uberjager

Profile just updated :D

I did drop this EF last night but I didn't like it on my OH... Maybe I need to get used to it. Which one should I use?

http://postimage.org/image/oq27gazsd/

Thanks!!

Got it, but if we stick to the first situation, and eliminate crushing advance as I dont use it we end up with:

100,00x.35=35,000
65,000x.35=12,250
42,250x.80(melee)=9,800
9,800x.86=8,428

9,800-8,428=1,372

What im pointing at is the savings from damage from elites is 1372, thats only melee damage. elemental damage would have a higher savings as there wouldnt be the 20% melee reduction factored in.

It would be further diluted with crushing advance, but the goal is to not use that.

Im not arguing with what you said as its correct, im just trying to advocate the use of a pair of boots that might not be the norm. The boots have better mitigation then ice climbers it think, they are a lot cheaper, and have MS. It gives some options to avoid feeling like innas are a must have.

But if we look at set bonuses, I think the boots can start to justify themselves if we can hit some 2pc or 3 pc bonuses.

If we pair the boots with the pants, then we can more or less safely move away from life steal on one of the weaps.

The main issue with BT boots is the huge loss of stats and AR.

BT Boots have only 2 random rolls which means it can roll 200 str/100 vit. 100 str/200vit or 100str/100vit/80 AR.

As compared to Ice climbers which can roll 300 str/200vit/80 AR/12% life/10% cold damage reduction. Ice climbers beats it hands down by stats alone.

Hi Uber , tks for the nice thread . just got this acc from my brother who stopped playing. Been using WW build, should i change to 2 piece 1 handed instead and what weapon should i look for?

Need to know budget

assuming a budget of 3b

OH echoing fury with socket and lifesteal, 1k+ dps, 10-12% fear and +0.25 APS.

MH Sword or Mace (all depends on the breakpoints you want to hit and whether you have enough CC or not) with Socket/cd/str/lifesteal. Aim for 500-1000 damage ranges or 600-1200 damage ranges.

12/02/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Walaa

Profile just updated :D

I did drop this EF last night but I didn't like it on my OH... Maybe I need to get used to it. Which one should I use?

http://postimage.org/image/oq27gazsd/

Thanks!!

Determine which weapon allows you to hit the IAS breakpoint.

Decide on the weapon.

Generally speaking I'd prefer to EF because I don't like having to check my last swung to determine when to start sprinting/ww,

Follow up of my resent post. I realized that my last request was not to clear I'll try again :)

After reviewing the guide again and most of the post of the last thread.

My assumptions are to hit the APS break point for nados.
Getting this to 2.0 minimum

I'm not sure where to begin to start upgrading.

Armor > rings/ammy > weapons ?

Any thought would be greatly appriciated.

PS:
I run mp1 a3 pretty well only die to a few affixs if i make a wrong turn or beserker is down.

Edit: 70 Mil Budget

Easiest way to hit the breakpoints are:

Rings/ammy/ gloves/ lacunis.

EF/Fast offhand.

But looking at your setup :

It seems your overall HP is low. Unlike in most other cases its not that your Vit is low :P

But you have 0 life%.

Get a weapon with high damage ranges 500-1000. socket and lifesteal.