Monks, you should get some MF

Monk
You should really get some MF, it's pretty easy to get at least 150% without losing too much DPS/resistance.
I used to have 150k DPS, but I sacrificed 25k to get around 170% MF, it makes a really big difference...
I drop between 2 legendary items in average per run (Alkaiser, Az, etc.) and, to be honest, I don't really see any difference in the gameplay due to the decrease in DPS (of 25k).
I just have to switch gear to do ubers.
Really, MF is the !@#$.
Done! ;)
OK!!!
I remember July
Really, MF is the !@#$
I would really recommend to get a Sun Keeper, you can get it with crit dmg and a socket for less than 20M with 900+ DPS quite easily (Or trade the %crit dmg for some LL)
That gives +40% MF and it remains a very good weapon (A bit slow though!)
With 5 NV i am above 300%MF is that not enough?
How many more legendary/set items have you found since switching to MF?
dropping MF to kill faster and level paragon faster was the best decision i ever made. which makes this...
12/04/2012 06:39 AMPosted by HuntingFox
dropping MF to kill faster and level paragon faster was the best decision i ever made. which makes this...

I used to think the same way, but one of y friend was playing with 400%+ MF and when we were farming together the difference was obvious..

12/04/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Piffle
How many more legendary/set items have you found since switching to MF?

Before, it was more like 1 legen every 4 runs (I had 0%mf from my gear...), now it oscillates between 1 and 2 per run. And I m only paragon 20.
If you're getting 1-2 leg drops on average per run, it's not worth it.
As I said, I am only paragon 20, if you are 40, that is +60%MF..
My friend average 2-3 per alkaizer run I think.

Anyway how many legen/set are you getting every 20 min run ?
Probably 0 and 1 every few runs..
On MP 0, I generally get between 0 and 2 per run, trending towards 0. Even if I increase MF by 100%, I don't see any improvement in drop quality or frequency.

100% of drops that I get aren't Monk drops anyway.

Edit: After NV stacks and follower MF, I am running MP0 at 315% MF. It is completely ridiculous how bad the drop rate is at this MF level.
Average 2 leg per run since 1.05 sometimes more but mostly useless stuffs. crappy crossbows, 2h weapons, frostburn, mojo....
I try to have some but replaced most of it. Im still using mf gem in helm and my vileward have some. Its not a very good vileward but I found it. Being paragon 53 help tho and it does make a difference. My friend who just started playing with got 3 lgend since he is 60 and I got easily 10-12+

Ill see if I can upgrade my amu to add some more mf ;o
12/04/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Majestic
Before, it was more like 1 legen every 4 runs (I had 0%mf from my gear...), now it oscillates between 1 and 2 per run. And I m only paragon 20.

and maybe you're still paragon 20 because for the same budget you've allocated some to MF instead of going all out into a speedfarm build.

in the end, you're compensating for a level shortage that a higher DPS, higher movement build would have helped you achieve anyway.
If you'r goal is MF, then go for exp untill at least lvl 80 with an item build that gives you 60m exp/hour +.

Then, since the last 20 lvls are a nightmare (they are half the whole exp) you can MF/cap your follower and use only one affix on your character to cap MF. I suggest gem or depth triggers+lacuni stay at 24%MS.

It's that easy, imo. MF from nothing (lvl) >>>> MF from gear (wasted affix).
I just maxed out a test MF build for my barb on my monk before servers went down,I walked around hell a3 mp10 with overawe/submission doing all my work for me instead of WW,I got tons of rares and gems,a couple of junk legs but nothing endgame,a few hundred k here and there....the 200k you spend on a crappy MF/GF set will pay itself off in an hour.

The problem is the cap with paragon,the most you can get for MF/GF is 300% and 75% for 5 NV,each MP level gives you a small percentage to your MF/GF depending on the difficulty,but once you hit paragon 100,MF an GF on your gear is useless since it's capped at 300%
done!
12/04/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Urizen
I just maxed out a test MF build for my barb on my monk before servers went down,I walked around hell a3 mp10 with overawe/submission doing all my work for me instead of WW,I got tons of rares and gems,a couple of junk legs but nothing endgame,a few hundred k here and there....the 200k you spend on a crappy MF/GF set will pay itself off in an hour.
mp 10 on hell i guess? Also i do make a few hundred k per run... without mf.