100K DPS/100K HP Club: Show off your build..

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
Having a large life pool doesn't mean that it's the best way to increase your EHP. Other stats such as All Resist, Armour and Dodge play a vital role in EHP. Also, by setting with a large life pool of let's say even 50k (still overkill for a lot of people) you can focus more on dps. The more dps that you have the faster you kill stuff and less chance for battles to go poorly and/or to make human mistakes. There's also other hidden elements that increase EHP off paper such as crowd-control and debuffing skills.

I'm sorry, but you're gimping your build by trying to attain 100k HP. For those jumping into the forum post please do not follow the OP's motivation.
I like to run a lot of different builds. One of is a nearly 100k dps with 130k life, and i have gone as high as 175k vit. Fierce loyalty along with blood pact make pets pretty much invincible if you have high hp. 100k hp is not optimal, but it can be a great cheap build. %life is not a sought after stat since people dont go high vit. Makes it pretty cheap to get a good %life roll which stacks real well with high vit. dont think anything i have was more than 40 mil and most is 10 or less.
People will have to learn how to play all over again when pvp comes out. Haters are just livin' in the run act 3 until the end of the world moment. They don't know any better, because, they can't see beyond their next meal.

On paper dps will be a whole lot different from damage mitigated dps. And, none of that matters if you're dead.
I don't understand why people pay more attention to HP than EHP.
I wonder why people think DH will be so weak in PVP. I can outdistance a Barb using sprint EASILY with vault, while setting spike traps that crit over half million damage.
11/30/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Vindicator
I wonder why people think DH will be so weak in PVP. I can outdistance a Barb using sprint EASILY with vault, while setting spike traps that crit over half million damage.

I main a barb and I believe a good DH like BelowZero's will be king in pvp. People need to realize that builds will change completely for pvp but given the skills that a DH has... they will just dominate so much.
11/30/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Ziggro
Y in hell would u want more then 60k HP?

Why do log out your barbs with full buffs? lol...

Also, you clearly didn't read the thread... people have been talking about eHP and PvP efficiency...
11/30/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Vindicator
while setting spike traps that crit over half million damage.

you won't be doing anything close to half a million damage to players.

Monsters don't have damage mitigation... that 500,000 damage is 15,000 damage to a geared barb, and they'll be healing for 5,000 a second.
11/30/2012 08:48 AMPosted by BelowZero
And you think everyone plays barb I guess.. and you would be an expert with your 8K elite kills.

You'd have to be mentally slow not to have mastered this game well before even 3k elite kills.

You understand that elite kills identifies nothing more than time played, right? Killing more elites doesn't make you better at this game, it just gets you better gear to kill elites faster (read: doesn't add on any skill. in fact, I'd argue it begins to detract requiring skill).
11/30/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Ziggro
Y in hell would u want more then 60k HP?

We heard the WD say it makes pets invincible. For me as a DH it is a way to mix it up. I get bored and think: what would happen if I did this...

My eHP is over 600K and I still have paper DPS over 100K. Other builds put me at 50K HP and 200K DPS. For me it is a way to keep the game fun and push the limits of where my DH can survive. Try MP10 for the challenge, I know it isn't efficient for farming, and see where 50K HP gets you as a DH.
hey I have a nice wiz and barb ... although there's not much to show off since it's the same WW and Cm builds that everyone else uses. my WD is coming along...
Having 100K hp is completely and utterly useless. Well in softcore anyway.

HC I can understand, but who the hell cares if you die in SC? It's not hard to make enough money to cover the repairs. It's far more beneficial to either boost the damage to take the mobs down quicker, or boost the armor and AR to mitigate what's coming in.

If you can get 100K hp with the gear you'd naturally buy then that's fabulous. If your going out of your way to get it while hurting other stats, well that's just plain idiotic.
This game is so simple and short that people belive they are pro because they brake the 100kdps/hp bar.

Here is an example of why D3's destiny is FAIL, poor and shortminded design...
Having 100K hp is completely and utterly useless. Well in softcore anyway.

HC I can understand, but who the hell cares if you die in SC? It's not hard to make enough money to cover the repairs. It's far more beneficial to either boost the damage to take the mobs down quicker, or boost the armor and AR to mitigate what's coming in.

If you can get 100K hp with the gear you'd naturally buy then that's fabulous. If your going out of your way to get it while hurting other stats, well that's just plain idiotic.

Yeah because it's sooo fun to constantly die against Ubers.
This game is so simple and short that people belive they are pro because they brake the 100kdps/hp bar.

Here is an example of why D3's destiny is FAIL, poor and shortminded design...

I don't feel pro but plenty of people I see suffer to break 30K HP. Is that an effective or efficient build?

I'd just like to see balanced or unique builds. Anyone see how much crap some of the streamers get in other threads for doing 400K DPS and still getting killed? As a DH, you almost can't die with 100K HP or 600K eHP.
11/30/2012 03:34 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
As any class, you almost can't die with 600k eHP. The thing is DH class is not suppose to get hit. Granted there are elite affixes you can't avoid being hit, but most can be evaded or mitigated with gloom if you pay attention. If you're looking to facetank, you really picked the wrong class.

Who are you to tell someone how or how not to build their DH. You have a level 29 DH, you know absolutely nothing about that class. Although I'm not exactly a tank, I know plenty of DH who has successful tank builds.