anyone?

Aus/NZ General Discussion
anyone want to try path of exile with me tonight? looks interesting :)
nobody? :(
Still waiting for my beta key, unless its live already?
Open beta has not started yet. Still waiting for a beta key too !!
oh, i got a key :D hopefully we are looked after server wise unlike on here :) oh wait, i keep forgetting, they gave us a forum
12/05/2012 01:01 PMPosted by PIEMAN
oh, i got a key :D

How did you get a key? I made an account but when I log in it just asks me for a key to start playing. I can get one by giving them some money, but I was under the impression that this was a free game?
i signed up ages ago, they emailed me one :) its a lottery i think, i thought open beta must have started
"We have therefore decided to enter Open Beta on January 23, 2013, US time."

Oh well, only about 6 weeks away, not too bad I guess. Since D3 came out I have had no luck with random things (eg lotteries) :(
you won lotteries before then?
12/05/2012 03:02 PMPosted by PIEMAN
you won lotteries before then?

Yea, won just over $2500 on the lotto about a year ago, also used to win scratchies all the time ($2-$500 every month), and about 9 months ago I won a computer in a competition (not really a lottery, but still).

My luck has just sucked the last 6 months, no scratchie wins, no competition wins (and I enter a few) and never found an item in D3 worth more than 3mil (got about 500hrs play time). Not blaming anything, just saying my luck is currently in a lull...
12/05/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Jebus80
Since D3 came out I have had no luck with random things

I guess this does sound like I was blaming D3, but I wasnt, just meant the last 6 months or so.
haha poor you
lol, yes, poor me.

So whats POE like anyways compared to D3? Worth paying the $10 to get a key?

I need something new to do, D3 forums have been entertaining me the last couple of weeks but there are too many idiots, starting to do my head in...
HAVENT DOWNLOADED YET TO BE HONEST. LOOKS DECENT, REVIEWS ARE OK. I NEED A CHANGE. LAG HAS KILLED THIS GAME FOR ME
and i left caps on because im meant to be a draftsman sorry
12/05/2012 04:43 PMPosted by PIEMAN
and i left caps on because im meant to be a draftsman sorry

Hah, me too.
I've played a bit of PoE, great game. It has some really deep customization, which is one of my main gripes with D3, if you're into that, you'll enjoy it a lot.
Ok, I am really confused now. I posted this above:

12/05/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Jebus80
So whats POE like anyways compared to D3? Worth paying the $10 to get a key?

And them someone, cant exactly remember his name (OldMan or OldGuy, something like that) replied that yes it was a great game and well worth the $10. I then posted saying that I would be paying it this weekend, which I was just about to do. There was a couple of other posts too, but cant remember what about.

Anyways I came back to check the thread to see if anyone else had commented before I paid the $10, but they are now gone? Where are they? Is my browser broken? I know you can delete individual posts but they stay there with the message 'post deleted' or something, I had no idea that Blizzard could completely remove individual posts and leave no trace, I thought they could just remove whole threads, and this really concerns me. Nothing said was breaking any codes of conducts, as far as I am aware. Whats going on? Was there a forum rollback or something or is Blizzard just being dodgy again?
How big is PoE download ? might pay for a beta key, even if it does not have Aus servers i like the depth in which you can customize your characters and the classes look cool
12/07/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Saizull
How big is PoE download ? might pay for a beta key, even if it does not have Aus servers i like the depth in which you can customize your characters and the classes look cool

It's about 3-4gb from memory.
I've also had no issues with lag, there's Singapore servers as well as US ones. Haven't been over 100ms.
wow very nice SG servers better than just US servers i guess

will be getting a key soon