General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 Next
Please make a Hall of Shame for Botters
with infos like:
Username
IGN
and their friendlist (if possible)
11/20/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible

They're also busting their butts fixing the player trade system I assume?
uyea right i have seen multipe instances of botting and to be quite honest it a shame i worked hard to get where i am and these cheaters getting all the rewards, but none of said punishment.
all i get is broken rng ,excessive lag and blue post that are as empty as the promise of pvp
11/21/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Revan
CAPTCHA

I'm glad they aren't just implementing captcha's. Even though alot of folks are calling for them. Trust me, they are 100% worthless. For most, they are an aggrivation, some can't even see the lettering, so they can't even make a game. I need to log in, get my cell phone out to enter my authenticator code, then load up a character and enter a captcha just to play ??? Can I get a hell no.

Baring that, the reason CAPTCHA's are worthless is that 1. If they aren't advanced enough, a "bot" (yes seriously) can compare pictures and get the right one. 2. a paid service will monitor anytime your program asks for a CAPTCHA and then a live human will enter it. This service is practically free (a few cents per captcha, or like 10$ a month for an "unlimited" within limits account. A botter will be making well more than 10$ a month, so the service won't affect them at all.

In the end most security measures only really ruin the game for legitimate players, Blizzard knows this, which is why they are carefully doing the best they can.
Ok fact in this page i will be helping u guys with

1.)botting
2.)third party websites
3.)blizzard bot team in trade channel
.4) easy way to ban players for botting

Read this Mr or ms Lyrii

You no why people do bots because of the damn RAHM real money auction house. hell they can make money and blizzard does also. i no you guy are doing your job.

but if u removed the REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE . i would bet 80% of botter would stop. or would have no reason to do so. they would have to put a lot more effort in to selling there botted gold or items.like making new web pages use more detectable things like spam bots.

You can already detect what computer there logging in from. that would make catching there IP address, and use that IP adress to find all accounts being used through that computer then ban them how easy can it get.

I am sure u guys have thought of that .

but don't get me wrong i back blizzard for 15 years i got nothing but the up most respect for u guys .
i no i botted in diablo 2 got banned.. i no what on there minds.here to. i respect your community. you put a lot of work into this this game may have bugs but so what.

If u make the way of selling much harder they would be less likely to keep doing it. spam bots are so easy to detect. stay in the chat room all day just waiting for spam bots, it easy to locate and ban these players. You can stop other kinds of spamming or inappropriate behavior also.

it so easy a 10 yrs could do it.

if i were to bot and couldn't use the real money auction house. I would then have to get the sale some other way. For instance like using spam bots. meaning having to spend more and more money to keep spamming my gold and other sales., but players are already scared to use third party sites do to the fact of trade drop hack and other reason like credit card theft.
A botter would think hey I will lose more then would i Gain. every time i spammed the site. I lose another 60$ i cant do in game spamming most people use mp lvl that don't allow public people to join.

Its that easy.

How do I know all of this?
I botted in diablo 2, and got banned for doing so. and using third party sites which Ive have used in the past to to sell the hacked Ith weapons armors, and charms.

I am telling you this so i can help.. If you have a job opening i do live in California i would like a job:)

And ^^^^ this is why players don't get any say in who gets banned or what's actually going on.

How would you like it if they banned a whole IP range, and then you moved into that area? would you be glad you could never play diablo 3 again just because it was able to eliminate a big portion of botters by say, banning the whole IP range for southern california?

VERY few players have static IPs .. and even less that run bots.. i'd bet my money on that fact.. the ones that do, are also probably using this neat technology called a proxy, which can allow you to appear as another IP address, from anywhere in the world, regardless of where you are actually from.

Now, if you would like a job working for blizzard - how bout you read up on all the crap you're spewing with no facts, and learn to spell and avoid run on sentences.

Btw, the saying is "Utmost respect" not "up most" ffs. At least learn a saying before you try to use it kk? Looking that stupid on the internet, where it's archived for life, isn't a brilliant idea to begin with, let alone even a slightly good one.
12/06/2012 04:06 AMPosted by Time2Kill
The only way you are going to get rid of bots in this game is to get rid of the RMAH and gold. Banning does absolutely nothing other than making bot mutts buy more copies of D3. You know this. ether way. Blizz wins and us honest gamers lose. bot's are going to be the only thing keeping this game going.

I don't like botters who spam me for friends add but neither do I like players trying to scam me with their inferior items. So, forget about asking Blizzard to remove RMAH and gold. I disagree! I don't like in-game trading. There are many honest players like me keeping this game going!
Why there wasn't any function in game to report bots? and we hv to go on the website and fill up some form which is rather complicated.
The only way to stop them is to remove their profit motivation. Until they can ban bots faster than the bots can accrue $61 in value(does the game still cost 60? ha, game cost +1) people will still bot.

As far as the OP goes- Why doesn't someone on the team that is working so hard take a few minutes each day to make a public game and do just what you're saying? I'd be curious to know the answer to that.
Botters: Happy all over D3.
Macro Users: Banned
Multiboxing: Legal..

FCK LOGIC.
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat.

All yall have to do is make a small post that would include "X amount of Players have been banned for XYZ reasons on X day" end post...

We dont need a detailed report or an "official" report, we just like to see that progress is being made. I know blue posts are made almost every day by you so i hardly think making a simple statement would become tedious if its only 1 line or two.
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html" class="bml-link-url2">webform</a>.

And, just for clarity, let me repeat:

- Exploitative behavior is not okay (this includes botting).
- If you are found to be exploiting the game, you can be permanently banned.
- Source: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

You guys should have a ban counter somewhere so that everyone could see it and update it daily or weekly. :o

On top of that, we have meetings each week with the development team to discuss what more we can do to help prevent this kind behavior (like I said previously, though, most solutions would negatively impact legitimate players...for example, CAPTCHA).

An idea like CAPTCHA although it has a slightly negative impact, its for the greater good. What i mean is that even though 50% of legitimate players may hate CAPTCHA, 100% of legitimate players hate Botting and cheating. so if blizzard were to implement CAPTCHA temporarily (until it found a better solution) im sure blizzard would receive less hate about botting and cheating.

One way to prove this point is to Take a poll.
11/20/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis.

No disrespect, but do you realise how many people who are tempted to try the bots would be scared off by the simple fact that you are often tweeting stuff like'' 73 accounts banned this week ''

Plus, i understand it's an additional ''step'' in a CM job, but it would show the community that Blizz is making an ongoing effort to ban bots. (obviously this doesn't seem clear to some people, hence this thread)

Thanks
Maybe it's a little weird idea...

But why AntiHack [AH] team will not download some bots and do some reverse engineering. Or check some bot forums/sites...