UnPlayable.. idk why.

Mac Technical Support
What's FT's ADSL?

FT = FastTelco.

ADSL = Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line. This refers to a setup where upload and download speeds are not the same (the download speeds are usually far in excess of the upload speeds).

and FIOS?

That would be their Fiber Optic Service. This type of internet connection exceeds the speeds that Cable usually provides. Depending on the provider it can be modestly priced or exhorbitantly priced. Until recently, only Verizon provided FiOS.

and What's a traceroute?

A traceroute is that long list of "hops" and the latencies you see a few times on page one of this thread. It is used to determine where a connection starts slowing down in most cases.

1.5 Mbps?
what do you think would be good enough to play DiabloIII without any lag?

1 Mbps (Megabits per second, or 125 Kilobytes/second) can play Diablo 3, but not optimally. However, the most important aspect of any good gaming connection is the latency, which is determined primarily by your location relative to the servers you're accessing, and how the data signal is routed. In your case, you're far away from the servers, and the signal is routed in a poor manner resulting in subpar latency, thus a not very fun experience for you. Unfortunately, you can't change your location, so your only hope is that another ISP has better routing. Sadly that will be hit and miss - it'll be trial and error to determine the best ISP for your needs. You generally want to avoid DSL if you can - you must be within 4 Km of the telco terminus, and preferrably within 2.5 Km.

The reality for you is that unless you can find affordable cable, you're going to be stuck with a relatively poor connection to the outside world in terms of gaming.

So basically, i need more spd, a different (closer) location to the servers, or a different ISP..

would it be good to just get the 4G connection? it's pretty damn fast.. it's 100 Mbps, but it's a cellular connection, so most of the time it should be around 20+ Mbps..
would that be good?
What provider gives 100Mbps via 4G? I don't see that happening anywhere. 100Mbps is 12.5 MB/sec, which is significantly faster than most cable speed tiers. As for it being good for online gaming, you'll have the same problems as you would with the MiFi - latency, and lots of it. Cell networks are not designed for games. They're designed for communications.

isn't a 4G connection that fast?
I thought it is..

so, the only way to fix my latency is to try a different ISP.. right?

I'm looking now, but there aren't many options here in Kuwait, but i'm still looking through everything..

btw, my finals are very soon, so i probably won't come around here or the game for a while..
isn't a 4G connection that fast?
I thought it is..

so, the only way to fix my latency is to try a different ISP.. right?

I'm looking now, but there aren't many options here in Kuwait, but i'm still looking through everything..

btw, my finals are very soon, so i probably won't come around here or the game for a while..

Yeah, any cellular connection = horrible for gaming no matter how "fast" it is. Download speed and ping speed are quite different beasts, and it's the latter that matters more in online gaming.

As for your finals, I hope you do well. Good luck!

:)

Edit: Accidentally had another thread response in my clipboard. Oops. /blush

thanks, my current internet connection (WiFi) will end in a month or 2, so maybe i can convince my family to go for one that is good for gaming..

thanks, i just finished them today, like 2 hours ago..
English and Arabic were easy, but Calculus.. killed me :P
Error (3)
Incorrect log in information..
why?
why?!!
it's not incorrect, it's correct..
why is that there??