Starter to Standard upgrade Hard-copy version

Technical Support
I recently purchased a Hard copy version of the game, installed and registered fine, I began to play and I finished Act 1 when it reminded me that I was playing the starter edition. So I closed D3 and upgraded using the "Standard Edition Authentication Key" on my game box and it worked fine, BUT when I log back in to play it says Im still using the starter edition, when my Battlenet account says standard?

PLEASE HELP BLIZZARD!
Ihaka,

It ought to work properly now, I've issued a reset to the account.
I've recently bought the hard copy version of the game as well, i followed the direct instructions to "how to upgrade" and reinstalled a couple of times, yet still the same restults. My battlenet account says that its standard but on my D3 it says starter?
I also have the same problem. I have killed the skeleton king 3 times trying to make it work.
im having the same problem, admin plz help.
im having the same problem, please reset for me as well thank you.
I experience the same, after 3 days of purchasing from store the diablo 3 and kill skeleton king 5x already. on my battlenet my game is standard edition, but when I'm playing the game. still starter edition.

I purchase the diablo 3 to enjoy and play with friends, but look what happen. I also try to return the diablo 3 to the store, but they don't want to refund my money. And your country technical support here in singapore, they doesn't know how to fix or what to do.

It's a waste of time and money..

Do something about this issue, I'm not the only one having trouble.

Blizzard wake up!!
I'm currently experiencing the same problem please reset my account it's been a week already
o9995,

Try connecting to your Battle.net Account Management page and changing the account's password. That will refresh the account data which should clear this up for you.
I am experiencing the same problem as Ihaka except on PC. Hace tried resetting my password in Battle.net account but D3 game does not allow me to log on to the account with new password, only old. Please help :)
i found a way to do it, and i hope i can help anyone has the same trouble. Go to your starter edition page of D3 and on the right you find enter game key to upgrade. Then you just need to pull out your hardcopy disk and and on the front is the game key.
I recently purchased a Hard copy version of the game, installed and registered fine, I began to play and I finished Act 1 when it reminded me that I was playing the starter edition. So I closed D3 and upgraded using the "Standard Edition Authentication Key" on my game box and it worked fine, but when I log back in to play it says Im still using the starter edition, when my Battlenet account says standard?
ppleater,

Something's not right here, unless you're posting from a different account. This account (posting) according to our records, last connected with Diablo III back in last August on a standard edition of the game created last June.

I found what I believe to be your other account and it's still listed as a Starter version. It has not been upgraded with a retail key.
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND I DID CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND IT STILL SAYS ITS A STARTER EDITION ALSO SUBMITTED KEY CODE ON UPGRADE EVEN UNINSTALLED ALL DIABLO 3 FILES THEN INSTALLED FROM THE GAME DISK I JUST BOUGHT AGAIN STILL SAYS STARTER EDITION PLEASE HELP.........
funtasia,

It was just added to your account a little while ago. Give it some time and it should be fine. It already shows as being the Standard Edition on your Battle.net Account page, it just needs time to propagate over to the authentication servers.
I am experiencing the same problem. I tried the starter, got the hard copy, installed fine and used my CD key, but it still tells me to upgrade when I want to play. I cannot play the game with my partner until it becomes the standard version. I also was informed that when I went on Battle.net, it was still listed as a starter version. I tried re-entering the CD key to change that on B.net, but it told me the key had already been used (presumably from when I entered it before).
So that means it used my CD key but never updated on B.net?? I am rather disgruntled and would like to be able to co-op play soon.
Think you might be able to look and see what's happening with my account?? :)
This is something you can do yourself!

Go to Account Management and check what version of the game is listed there - does it say you have the Standard Edition under your Games Summary? If so then great!

You can issue an account reset yourself by changing the password as noted in the blue text above. That will force the account data to refresh and may help push it out to the Authentication server.

If that does not work, then you may have to wait it out until the Authentication server catches up with the account data. If it has not done so a few hours from now, I would put in a support ticket letting them know. I am not sure if they can do any more than you can (by resetting the password), but maybe they have "ways".
Password reset was already tried. Have the starter edition in Games Summary.
Ah....well then that IS an issue. A key can only be used once to upgrade the account. If you purchased a copy where the key was already used/stolen, then usually that has to be taken up with the vendor you purchased it from.

if that is not the case, and you DID apply the key (but it is just not updating), then put in a ticket letting them know you have an issue with your purchase. Include the key.