Minority club (Archon)

Wizard
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
12/07/2012 05:29 AMPosted by Emperor
archon needs to be revamped completely. make it like barbarians' wrath :D

Disagree here, I want to feel different but not totally the same. Our damage in Archon is more than their Wrath, the issue is the can keep going due to a lot of factors such as bonus to MS/CC control.

We should have these, but due to our damage output they should be less than Wrath....why I suggested the 50%.
@Schenko7 -

well thats not what i meant. not exactly the same, but allow us to use our current skill set, increasing their powers and their effects while in archon form would be cool. not using the same big ray everytime archon is on :(

disintegrate would be the current big ray
fork lightning would be some cool purple streaks of powerful lightning piercing everywhere
and many more ! it'd be an interestng thing spell then :D
@Schenko7 -

well thats not what i meant. not exactly the same, but allow us to use our current skill set, increasing their powers and their effects while in archon form would be cool. not using the same big ray everytime archon is on :(

disintegrate would be the current big ray
fork lightning would be some cool purple streaks of powerful lightning piercing everywhere
and many more ! it'd be an interestng thing spell then :D

I hope they will implement more "archon" skills. Right now, when under archon mode, your skill bar is pretty much half empty...
I don't even mind the lack of skills, it would be better if we could just teleport naturally and replace the teleport Archon with something along the lines of Increased Armor Archon or something.

We need something that can break free of Jailer/Frozen. Whether they improve our natural Arcane Explosion skill to be able to break Frozen or be able to teleport out of it, but it's silly that our elite form can get stun locked.
12/07/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Schenko7
We need something that can break free of Jailer/Frozen

I'm with you. I use Archon Teleport more for escaping Frozen orbs, than to move faster.
12/07/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Un1ver5e
We need something that can break free of Jailer/Frozen

I'm with you. I use Archon Teleport more for escaping Frozen orbs, than to move faster.

I'm lazy and just stand in it.
12/07/2012 07:28 AMPosted by shine
I'm lazy and just stand in it.

LOL. Me too. I'm too lazy to swap to my lifesteal weapon, too.
On behalf of Inspy (banned from forum due to illegal actions - lol)

We archons not just low MP level farmers, we can do high MP level loot farm at a much faster rate. follow the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJxeIiu6wzg
12/07/2012 03:52 PMPosted by chingchong69
On behalf of Inspy (banned from forum due to illegal actions - lol)

What?!
/
I'm AWAKEN !!!! from 7 days ban LOL
good to know my preferred build is capable in the higher mp levels..

btw nice gear Inspy.. thats preddy much the setup im aiming for..
Thanks Morph :) Still, I'm far away from being a great archon

Always nice to see archon fellas aim high ! Yeah we're capable of high MP as well
Thanks Morph :) Still, I'm far away from being a great archon

Always nice to see archon fellas aim high ! Yeah we're capable of high MP as well

Noooooo inspys back from his illegal activities! Noooooooo
got banned 7 days from creating a sell thread.. blizz's employee logic... without even a warning seems like I'm gonna quit soon if it's this fail.
keep bumpin' :D
hi fellow archon...
im running archon as well but somehow feel that im not doing it right.
might be my gear or my build, any advice? thanks
Personally i believe archon should b the end game wiz build. Even useful in pvp.

Yes im playing the all super favourite 8-10x paper dps SNS-meteor build as it spoils the game mechanics by near-perma locking mobs. But, I dont see the point of ww/cm shining out now since farming mp10 is waste of time as drops are too random. Farming uber mp10? well, mayb for the fun to get along with friends. Not to mention it definitely will get nerfed in tthe future.

They say mp7 is the best farming area. So,
How much gold it takes to build a 400k dps archon? Mayb list som important must-have items to get 400k dips. It should be real useful for high mp archon wanabes out thr.

ps: My archon is near 200k dips now. Mp3 doable..But my aim is mp7 =)
@bluedumdum : u have very low mitigation, u can find it more in pants/chest/gloves/bracers/boots
and if you change to LS weapon, it'll be cakewalk. Moreover, triumvirate is BiS source for archon together with black weapon, you should look into it.

@Thales : For 400k dps archon (w/o pinpoint/force weapon) with LS and enough mitigation, you'll need around 2.5b - 3b. Without LS, it's much cheaper, but you'll not be viable at high MP.

As for how much mitigation and LS is the right balance, you'll need 91% total mitigation with 4.5% LS to breakeven with RD mobs. Now I'm at almost 92% mitigation in archon form with 4.3% LS and my Health pool increases slightly when I beam at RD.
12/18/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Inspy
As for how much mitigation and LS is the right balance, you'll need 91% total mitigation with 4.5% LS to breakeven with RD mobs. Now I'm at almost 92% mitigation in archon form with 4.3% LS and my Health pool increases slightly when I beam at RD.

Last night some streamers built a no lifesteal weapon archon using stacked physical resist for mp 5. I was watching part of the stream. Too bad they didn't try for higher mps.