Diab blows...

Aus/NZ General Discussion
So I got this awesome Legendary drop with my 60(7) Wiz with 5 NV stacks giving ~350MF and 350 GF in Inf Act III... it's like almost my best ever drop... A lvl 60 Nailbiter Mace with an Amazing 619.2 DPS! OMG! I would only drop 14777.7 Damage and 6061 life to equip this! how I would pwn!! To bad I've already given a 892.9 DPS Nailbiter to my Temp...

Seriously apart from "it's Rare to find a Rare that ISN'T VTrash" (<0.001%) Legendaries (broken whites or blues are still complete crap if they drop brown, like your average t_rd really) are just a bad joke... I post them on the AH for 100 gold in protest...
The weird thing is some of them actually sell...

I've been playing for a few hours... nothing my current Wiz or DH 60(20+) has equipped was found in game, that says it all really...

Broken game, bots/cheats rule, AH a bad joke...
Game "engineers" clueless. Get excited by a Legendary drop? Why? It's just white trash painted brown!

NO Seriously… with a 350% GF you get gold… almost useless… you need how many +2K gold drops to get 1 000 000… and for that 1 000 000 gold you can buy what exactly on the AH that is of any use?
Or how about you use the BS to make stuff… OMG I spend 50 000 gold to make some crap that won’t sell for 2000 gold to an in game vendor!!! Awesome!!! This is Amazing!!! What's not to like about paying a huge amount of money to get Nothing! hum... Diablo 3...

Seriously I can understand how people may want to give their mentally disadvantaged relatives a chance to engage with reality by allowing them opportunities to influence “game content” and I’m sure that has application at Apple Inc though in the real world… well I don’t exactly enjoy Blizzard's 'engineers' spitting their drool all over me…

there are better games coming out soon… TFFT!
End of rant.
11/28/2012 02:17 AMPosted by madoberon
there are better games coming out soon

please tell me too
good one mate, that made me chuckle.

11/28/2012 02:17 AMPosted by madoberon
What's not to like about paying a huge amount of money to get Nothing! hum... Diablo 3...

World's going to end soon anyway... global warming's going to fry our little eggs.
Grow a pair, and play HC. Exclusively.

To be serious for a sec tho', HC is far more fulfilling than softie.
If you expect upgrades every time you get some form of loot in any form of RPG ever, you are going to have the most boring game experience.
Agreed with the OP. Item drops are still bad even after 1.0.5.
11/28/2012 04:27 AMPosted by dalla
If you expect upgrades every time you get some form of loot in any form of RPG ever, you are going to have the most boring game experience.

I'm sorry you can understand a plain statement... I'm estimating that I get an "upgrade" (sic) drop once in every 10 000 - 100 000 or so, almost never really and given the hours I have played (for only one (1)! Set Piece drop) which was absolute rubbish I can not understand how others can somehow "get lucky". And don't bother with the drop stats justification, it just makes you look like an employee of Blizzaed. So tell me in your Expert opinion why that is somehow Not boring?
this game isn't horrible.. there is alot of potential with patches that can drastically change the game.. if your at the point where you find urself falling asleep trying to log into the game i would recommend taking a break for a few weeks. Steam has a bunch of games on sale :D...

Hopefully by then the game will have some new content and will have added a ladder !!
11/29/2012 02:16 AMPosted by madoberon

I'm sorry you can understand a plain statement... I'm estimating that I get an "upgrade" (sic) drop once in every 10 000 - 100 000 or so, almost never really and given the hours I have played (for only one (1)! Set Piece drop) which was absolute rubbish I can not understand how others can somehow "get lucky". And don't bother with the drop stats justification, it just makes you look like an employee of Blizzaed. So tell me in your Expert opinion why that is somehow Not boring?

You sound like a child who literally expects everything on a fuсking silver platter. Unfortunately, the nature of this game is RNG. You are playing the lottery. I played 250 hours before I found something that was actually worth selling for more than 10 million, and another 250 before I found something that was 100+. I know players who have played for twice as much as me, and still haven't found anything that's worth selling, as well as players who are as lucky as a bloke being struck by lightning twice.

The only way to remotely increase your chances of finding "that loot" is by paragon levels. The higher your plvl, the more MF you have, the more drops you get, the more chances of you finding something useful. It's as simple as that.

At the end of the day, if you do not like it, you can simply uninstall Diablo, and go play a different game. Nobody gives a flying fuсk about your pessimism. Harden the fuсk up m8.
I don't want them to increase the drops personally I'm at the point where items which are class specific i rarely bother to inspect them I've been burned to many times with Mighty weapons or Belts having nothing but intelligence etc.I just think they need to change the loot rolling method by further fractionizing the way the item is generated.

Roll 1 item dropping / not dropping

Roll 2 on prospect/evaluation designates an intended class - which should also include chance of the item being completely random i.e. easily distinguishable for vending/disenchanting.

Item rolled for Barb: Primary stat Strength and will not add the other classes primary stats

Roll 3+
to decide the rest of the stats on the item

TLDR: I'm annoyed at getting class specific items with higher useless primary stats most often not even having useful primary stats attached to the item - More people would end up finding gear more suited to their character and would greatly increase the value of finding legendary items etc.

Roll 1 item dropping / not dropping

Roll 2 on prospect/evaluation designates an intended class - which should also include chance of the item being completely random i.e. easily distinguishable for vending/disenchanting.

Item rolled for Barb: Primary stat Strength and will not add the other classes primary stats

Roll 3+
to decide the rest of the stats on the item

Don't think that I completely concur with your thoughts on the mechanics, but I do agree that a character check should be included. That goes for the BS too.

I really do agree with a lot of what the OP has said. In over 600 game hours of play my experience has been this: about 20-25 legendary drops, not a single one of which has been usable by the character I was currently playing. Not one single set piece.

This wasn't at all my experience with D2, which always kept me coming back for more. I'd still play it if it was compatible with Win 7.

If the game is all about the item hunt then you've got to make the items available.
11/28/2012 02:29 AMPosted by Moot
there are better games coming out soon

please tell me too

Grim Dawn -alpha soon- is one! :)
11/29/2012 09:20 AMPosted by dalla
I played 250 hours before I found something that was actually worth selling for more than 10 million

I've played 260hr and the highest I've ever sold anything for is 1.5M.
12/03/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Ricsta
I played 250 hours before I found something that was actually worth selling for more than 10 million

I've played 260hr and the highest I've ever sold anything for is 1.5M.

I believe that you might have played the game wrong @.@
Don't rate your loot by hours played mate, rate it by # of Lifetime/Elite Kills

If you said you have killed 30.000 elite and hasnt found anything worth more than 1.5M
Go buy a lottery ticket then :p
The games not RND so much as its USD $^^$