Arcane Beams :(

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Arcane is fine, i rarely die, but mistimed smokescreen last night and 3 arcanes at once equals one dead demon hunter. None of the affixes on elites have to go, actually invurn minions needs to come back.
I just hate it going through the walls, either from wallers or the actual walls in dungeons. It makes no sense that it passes through. Other than that, its alright.
How easy do you want this game to be?
I feel like arcane beams are in a good place at the moment. In my experience they don’t hurt too bad, but require me to avoid them whenever possible. I tend to only get frustrated with them when I am in a confined space, and they are coupled with Waller.
Arcane beams?

They tickle.
I just don't like when enemies spawn sentries inside my toon when I'm standing toe to toe with them. You can't even see the thing until it starts spinning, and for some reason the center of an arcane sentry does like 3x as much damage as the beam. They shouldn't go through walls either.
11/28/2012 07:12 PMPosted by stranger
I haven't ever died to any arcane beams in my 500+ hours play time. Seriously, it is one of the easiest affixes to deal with, just kite a bit and stop crying kid

Obvious liar, lol, unless he's a hardcore player with that 500+ hours play time.

Arcane beams never spawn at your feet before? arcane beam never stack and spawn behind doorways? You never get drag on top of the beam from vortex?

IMO, AB is nice to have already, and is fun when you dodge it, unlike vortex or nightmare when most of the time you can't do anything to prevent and they're so freaking annoying.

Arcane + Illusion + Horde FYI
i just ww in anything i watch as it rains gold.
i dont mind them
11/29/2012 05:32 PMPosted by ellisD
buff the damage of everything, game is farmable by a 4 year old
Not everyone is an AH hero, dude

That said, no more nerfs.
Arcane alone is nothing to be afraid of. Imagine using touch pad in a notebook and need to avoid all those arcane beams and molten patches...
I'm a barb, what's an affix? Is that something that's hard?

Im confused here.
I haven't ever died to any arcane beams in my 500+ hours play time. Seriously, it is one of the easiest affixes to deal with, just kite a bit and stop crying kid

Obvious liar, lol, unless he's a hardcore player with that 500+ hours play time.

Arcane beams never spawn at your feet before? arcane beam never stack and spawn behind doorways? You never get drag on top of the beam from vortex?

IMO, AB is nice to have already, and is fun when you dodge it, unlike vortex or nightmare when most of the time you can't do anything to prevent and they're so freaking annoying.

Arcane + Illusion + Horde FYI

Why would I lie about this? I die often only to RD minions and molten because even if you can kite good sometimes you can't react fast. And at times plagued or desecrator (if my attack gets interrupted) because I don't kite most of the time trusting my LoH. However an arcane beam takes like three second to spawn, and also like 1 more second before it spreads as a beam causing damage. (If it is with vortex then I cast serenity and move around). So I have like 4-5 seconds of reaction time. If you cant act in 5 seconds of reaction time then sorry but your gaming skill sucks huge.
My only issue is the spawning of the ball part right on your char!!!
Just don't stand in them.

lol