Idiots on AH

General Discussion
12/05/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Whistlr
Ive been following it because its the only weapon witth str on vit with 11ias and over 90 inate cd with a socket. Im not really frustrated its just funny how ppl think sometimes

12/05/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Whistlr
The only reason I have been on the item for so long is because it has vit. about 130 vit. If i were to only look for str on it. I could get an easy 800dps one with over 100str for about 3m

It would be a pretty expensive troll, but now that we know what stats to search for someone should buy it now and repost it for 40 mil.

Just to piss you off.

:P
12/05/2012 09:03 AMPosted by stefan
snippers and floppers

I LOL'd.
12/05/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Dragar
Ive been following it because its the only weapon witth str on vit with 11ias and over 90 inate cd with a socket. Im not really frustrated its just funny how ppl think sometimes

The only reason I have been on the item for so long is because it has vit. about 130 vit. If i were to only look for str on it. I could get an easy 800dps one with over 100str for about 3m

It would be a pretty expensive troll, but now that we know what stats to search for someone should buy it now and repost it for 40 mil.

Just to piss you off.

You should BIN and see if it works

12/05/2012 09:23 AMPosted by RaiseOnce
I had an amulet on AH for 75M buyout only. It was on the AH for about 30+ hours, and after re-searching the stats, the cheapest one after mine with similar stats was 175M. I re-listed for 150M and guess what? It sold in the next few hours. Not every potential buyer will visit AH in the time frame you want them to.

This, was about to post the same exact thing nearly. Ive posted a dozen items that didnt sell, then research the item again to find out how much lower I should post it but low and behold My item was underpriced, so I post it for a much higher price and it ends up selling.

Moral of the story, quit being a cry baby over AH, crazy stuff happens. Quit getting attached to items unless you are willing to afford them.
12/05/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Whistlr

AH doesnt not need pm'ing for this exact reason

So you have been looking for a week? and cant find one cheaper? seems the seller is trying to get fair value and you are a low baller/ broke ***.

ll Im a broke !@# but my EF cost more than your whole gear. lol. Im just not going to over pay. Would u pay 100m for something worth 10m. Have some common sense

EDIT: you should also read all comments before posting. I clearly explain why ive been looking at it

Whats so good about your EF?

yea my gear isnt worth anything look at my boots lol, but I dont play anymore and have 200m gold to spend whenever I come back, I just let the community farm for me.

Things are not worth 10m because you say they are.
Let me share a story about "idiots" Humans need to feel they are getting something of value, but they don't always know what the true (or market) value of something is. This is further confused because most stores list "sale" prices according to "suggested retail" prices, which as everyone knows, is an arbitrary number made up by a board or manufacture to inflate their potential earnings or a pipe dream about their product. You've all seen it before, suggested retail price of 250$, but if you act now, you can have it for 3 easy payments of 19.99. So everyone is like, score, great deal, etc. They probably never sold even 1 at the $250 "suggested" price.

So the story goes like this:

An antique store in a popular walking/shopping area had a grandfather clock featured in the doorway, it was marked at $2000 but after many weeks, no one even inquired about it. So each week afterwards, the store owner kept discounting it (at this point he just wanted to get rid of it), so there is this big red sales sign on it, with $2000 crossed out, and 1800, then 1800 crossed out and $1500. This keeps happening till its down to under what he paid for it, $600 bucks. Now he is confused as all getup trying to figure out why this item, which was worth maybe $1000 no one was even interested. Then one day someone comes in and talks with the owner stating he walks the area every morning and sees the big clock keep getting discounted but not purchased. He suggests something wild to the owner. He says look around, see who is walking around all day, every day?. He suggests to the owner to not discount the price but to put an obscure price on it. The next day the owner took the suggestion and put a new shinny sign up on the clock for $10,000. It sold that day.

Seriously same clock, at one point down to $600, sells for $10,000. Perceived value because it was priced so high (it must be good).

Like a few above mentioned, actually setting the price higher on some items moves them faster. Humanity is a strange beast for sure.
12/05/2012 09:23 AMPosted by RaiseOnce
I had an amulet on AH for 75M buyout only. It was on the AH for about 30+ hours, and after re-searching the stats, the cheapest one after mine with similar stats was 175M. I re-listed for 150M and guess what? It sold in the next few hours. Not every potential buyer will visit AH in the time frame you want them to.

I've had similar happen to me to - raised the price and suddenly it sold.

Sometimes I think people won't even look at your item if it's too cheap - it's like they assume it can't possibly be good enough for them. Weird.
WTS Frostburns...200 armor..20 dex..2 cold resist...$75
Sorry guys...no more offers...they just sold and i am off to the 7-11 for a burrito lunch...wish i had thought of this back when i was living under that bridge...