dying in hc cos BUG? ><

Hardcore
This is not a bad idea! I'll have to keep it in mind if this ever happens to me.

And 2s on normal, and if not mistaken, 3s if you run the jaunt rune.

You could do the same as a monk, which would be much more successful. Unfortunately, barbs/dh/wiz don't have that luxury, if I'm not mistaken. The best that a DH gets is Gloom and a turret, which is very good but I don't know if 50% damage taken for about 5 seconds is enough, especially if you can't swing due to logging out. Fortunately for barbs though, they can have some insane defenses. Wiz just seems screwed.

Actually barbs may have it easiest of all if they happen to have ignore pain in their build. 65% more damage reduction for 7 of the 10 seconds on top of having tons of passive choices for added defense.
actually forgot to say, but i got heaps of decent gear for sale in hc from drops n upgrades
pic: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3431/28071054.jpg

pm me in game if you are interested, im a girl as u can see from the pic so u better be nice to me :)
transferred all the items to 2nd acc, so please contact me on "aw3s0m0#6502"

also im selling GODLY hc lvl10 dh gear:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aw3s0m0-6502/hero/28894453
only selling the whole set, so let me know if you want to own the best hc dh gear in us server.
I am fairly new to the HC community but the OP needs to accept he died because he was too scared to un-pause his game and disconnected as a result. To prove it, here is a blue post from the 2nd month of the the game being released with this issue (Your crying made me actually search):

"I looked little bit more into this issue, and there does appear to be an auto logout after 30 minutes of being afk while in-game."
(This has been altered in time since then. The post was in July)

Just accept what happened. Stop getting at angry for people trying to help. Nothing anyone has said was attacking you. HC has 1 thing in mind, SURVIVE. 1 life means 1 life. Who cares if you take twice as long to kill elites if you are surviving it. Alot of the current SC community going to HC don't seem to realize this. Dps only matters on bosses with enrage timers.

I died due to a rubberband back into molten/ plagued/ arcane sentry and the charging brutes in the caves in act 3. IT HAPPENS. Accept your death. Reroll a new hero and move on, and stop taking offense to people only trying to help fellow HC players. If you can't, enjoy SC. HC isn't for everyone.

not sure wat u r tripping bout but i know i got killed thanks to bs bug, but not that pissed off anymore since hc is waste of time, n i was gonna get killed sooner or later in hc thanks to some bs(lag/dc/bug). :)

why would i get angry ppl trying to help me? but im just saying i dont need any gear advice n it def wasn't the cause for my death. also how would that help now since im already dead n i wont be wasting any more time on hc?
I call bull $%#. You say you were stuck for 30 seconds? Are we supposed to believe that with 60k dps you could not kill a ZERO MP elite pack? Looks like you just stood in the fire buk-kake and noticed too late.

BTW you get disconnected when you pause the game for too long.
I call bull $%#. You say you were stuck for 30 seconds? Are we supposed to believe that with 60k dps you could not kill a ZERO MP elite pack? Looks like you just stood in the fire buk-kake and noticed too late.

BTW you get disconnected when you pause the game for too long.

w/e dumb noob, why would i make some bs?
wats with these losers with ultra low dps?? lol
<---- alive

well at least for now, but when I die I wont be crying on the forums about it.
<---- alive

well at least for now, but when I die I wont be crying on the forums about it.

wow grats, im really jelly of 27k dps barb n 6 low lvl fallen heros..
at least i killed diablo on my first try n didnt die 5+ times before i hit lvl60..

What you should have realized by now is that the number 1 lesson in HC is that all the dps in the world doesn't matter if you're dead.

All the gear in the world - whether it's 5 million or 5 billion gold worth of gear - doesn't matter if you're dead.

There's a reason why survivability is king in HC, not dps. DPS is important for efficient farming, but it comes second to survivability in HC.

The key to thriving in HC is understanding this lesson. If not, all you're doing is accumulating x millions/billions worth of gear only to lose it at 1 go.

What you should have realized by now is that the number 1 lesson in HC is that all the dps in the world doesn't matter if you're dead.

All the gear in the world - whether it's 5 million or 5 billion gold worth of gear - doesn't matter if you're dead.

There's a reason why survivability is king in HC, not dps. DPS is important for efficient farming, but it comes second to survivability in HC.

The key to thriving in HC is understanding this lesson. If not, all you're doing is accumulating x millions/billions worth of gear only to lose it at 1 go.

dude i dont need any lesson on ehp :) n wats more important is probably the way you actually play the game, n i played very safe and thats why i was able to get to lvl11 paragon without the high ehp.

dude i dont need any lesson on ehp :) n wats more important is probably the way you actually play the game, n i played very safe and thats why i was able to get to lvl11 paragon without the high ehp.

I agree with you completely that playing the game the way you want it is the most important, and if you're comfortable playing with a glass cannon in HC, I can definitely respect that.

And I can definitely sympathize with you in the pain you're feeling over an "unfair" death, where you die due to circumstances outside of your control.

But that's part of HC. Sometimes you die from your own mistakes and sometimes you die due to random stuff. The usual HC response is to rage about it for a couple of days, then after you cool down, reroll and start again.

What I would have done in your shoes if I ran into that bug would be to time my cooldowns actively. You would have 3 sec every 15 sec or so in spirit walk, and a potion on a 30 sec timer, and a one time spirit vessel lasting 2 sec or so. With 70k dps like yours, I would try to dps them down asap while spamming spirit walk whenever it was available.

The thing is that with more resists, in mp0 inferno chances are you can survive something like that. With low survivability, you don't have the same buffer available to you. Generally in HC it's not 99.9% of the situations that kills you, it's that 0.1% worst case scenario that normally kills.
well at least your SC wiz is packing a lot of heat, RIP