PvP Reward Ideas

General Discussion
In the hopes of seeing PvP one day in D3 i want to see some sort of reward system for good PvPers, not just banner designs... banner designs simply wont keep people playing or motivated... and PvP gear will cause a terrible separation of PvP and PvE...what awards would players like to see?

I think it would be awesome if they implemented a competitive PvP bracket, where you could wager your own gold on your PvP match...that would be a lot of fun...after you win, you collect the losers gold (with of course a transaction fee).. this would would act as an additional gold sink to help balance a falling economy and make PvP feel very rewarding without having to separate PvP from PvE rewards...

Besides just winning, what rewards do you want to see from PvP?
I like it. good idea!

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.
Blizzard takes real life threats very serious, as they should!
Thread for reporting this bad behavior

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911771204

Original Post for Leveling your Paragon Levels Fast!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179478144?page=5

Keep On Grinding Diablo 3!!!
12/05/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Geney
In the hopes of seeing PvP one day in D3 i want to see some sort of reward system for good PvPers, not just banner designs... banner designs simply wont keep people playing or motivated... and PvP gear will cause a terrible separation of PvP and PvE...what awards would players like to see?

Without the in-game PvP gears like WoW, people will just find their own's PvP gears (with tons of vit/life%/resist/etc). The only difference is that people with deep pocket will just get it by RMAH while non-RMAH players will take time to collect their sets.

The unfairness is already here. Any rewards system will just put the RMAH users further adventure so NO.
12/05/2012 10:07 AMPosted by DeadRu
Why does everything in this game have to have a reward?
I hope to see a spectator system where people can place gold bets and the winners recieve a portion of the gold along with all the winning spectators...
There must be rewards, like maybe titles and cosmetic gear when you reach a specific rating.

Otherwise PVP wont be any fun, there wont be any goal to aim for.
There must be rewards, like maybe titles and cosmetic gear when you reach a specific rating.

Otherwise PVP wont be any fun, there wont be any goal to aim for.

PVP wont be fun without titles and cosmetics? What are you a woman?
Just a thought, but what about something like this:

String of Ears - A character bound item, A two slot amulet/necklace with no special properties. The description reads something to the effect of "A gruesome string adorned with (number of brawls won) ears of fallen heroes". This could be the reward for the first "Brawl" won by the character. Each subsequent win would simply add to the total in the description. The "String of Ears" can only be kept in the character's inventory. It cannot be moved to the stash, but can be sold to Vidar the Collector for 0 gold. If sold to Vidar the Collector, the win counter would be reset. Since the String of Ears can only be kept in one's character inventory, it cannot be viewed by other players. There would be no visual benefit to posessing this item either.

Personally, I think this would be a perfect solution to providing a (small) reward that brawlers are seeking while adding little if anything to the gameplay(as I believe is the developers concern). And, it would give players a means of keeping track of their wins. The 2 slot requirement would add a small "fee" to posessing the item as well.

Personally, I have little interest at all in participating in the brawling, but i do agree with that it would be nice to get at least a small token for participating and winning.
Here I created your reward system...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7904880412

I will be doing this till blizzard puts their own system in that the players deem capable.