What rares are worth your time?

Wizard
As I side note, I was AH browsing pretty much every type of 1h last night and inputting either most desirable affixes or leaving it blank and in every case (except WD knives i think) the % of ilvl 61s on the first few pages was incredibly low. I'd estimate it was about 55% ilvl 63, 40% ilvl 62, 5% ilvl 61. Just something to consider. I realize daggers are an exception because they are less dependent on DPS because they are such great stat sticks.
12/07/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Maysrill
2-h mighty weapons (a dumb one, but I relish the look of a behemoth in my barb's hands, if only it had stats to justify using...purely an aesthetic preference)

I feel the same way. I'll always pick up oni blades because KATANA!!!
12/07/2012 09:52 AMPosted by ChangBooster
As I side note, I was AH browsing pretty much every type of 1h last night and inputting either most desirable affixes or leaving it blank and in every case (except WD knives i think) the % of ilvl 61s on the first few pages was incredibly low. I'd estimate it was about 55% ilvl 63, 40% ilvl 62, 5% ilvl 61. Just something to consider. I realize daggers are an exception because they are less dependent on DPS because they are such great stat sticks.

But how much of that is due to the base damage of the weapons and how much to people who only pick up 63s? Personally, I can't leave a weapon on the ground that could be an upgrade.
12/07/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Shelendil
But how much of that is due to the base damage of the weapons and how much to people who only pick up 63s? Personally, I can't leave a weapon on the ground that could be an upgrade.

Good point, I did consider this while AHing but forgot to put it in the post. They are certainly capable of hitting 1200 DPS in a lot of cases...and definitely over 1000 DPS even w/o IAS.
...but when I'm brimstoning greens...

Just barely didn't brimestone a zuni pox drop today. I'm feeling this.

But dont worry! PvP in 4 months!
it might help to memorise the names(so u dont need to use ctrl key to check) if u update the first post with names. (n maybe also sort em by value?)

i.e.
Rune Sword (lvl63 sword)
Arch Axe (lvl63 axe)
Darkblade (lvl63 dagger)
Desolator Wand (lvl63 wand)
Archon Gauntlets (lvl63 gloves)
Strangers (lvl60 gloves)
etc
I just pick every rare I found for 3 reasons:

1- it's money anyway
2- I can't seem to remember what name = what lvl so I just take everything
3- I've had some really good rare drop even at lvl 60-61.
12/07/2012 10:25 AMPosted by aw3s0m0
it might help to memorise the names(so u dont need to use ctrl key to check) if u update the first post with names. (n maybe also sort em by value?)

excellent idea. i will do this later! but i need to jet for now.

Also, thanks everyone!
Made 25 million on an ilevel 58 drop belt. Remember that affixes roll at monster level for armor; using ilevel to select armor for picking up is stupid.
12/07/2012 09:25 AMPosted by PieHole
1-handers - if it doens't have a OS, its vendored

You vendor high DPS crit damage lifesteal???
12/07/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Ossian
Made 25 million on an ilevel 58 drop belt. Remember that affixes roll at monster level for armor; using ilevel to select armor for picking up is stupid.

What did you roll on it?
I pick up everything rare, because at worst its almost guaranteed 1600 vendor gold.
12/07/2012 02:56 PMPosted by KeyserSöze
I pick up everything rare, because at worst its almost guaranteed 1600 vendor gold.

maybe cos u r a cripple? :D

problem with picking up everything:
1. if u run archon, obviously much easier to keep up archon if u pickup less, also save time.
2. if u play with other people, especially if they move faster than u, i.e. barbs
listing what items i pick up and the max they have sold for (not looking through all the auctions just the recent ones)
iLevel 60+ 1handers (they can all roll 1200+ dps) 20m+
rings (30m+)
amulets (52m+)
pants (fairly commonly worth a few m but haven't found any pricey ones) (3m+)
chests (not too sure about these actually, i might stop picking them up) nothing recent
gloves (30m+)
bracers (7m+)
wizard hat (3m+)
the last one could be ok but it is going to need APOC crit OS high int and vit to be worth much (that was a 4 out of 5 roll no apoc).