need a run down of popular builds olease

Witch Doctor
I have switched over to WD and I feel lost about what an effective build is. I hear nicknames like 0dog and such and I have no idea what that means. Please briefly explain some builds to me and how they work. Thanks!
3 effective builds I know of.

1. Zombie bears / acid cloud, Most popular by far
2. 0 time summon dogs, sacrifice, very hard hitting but requires spechial equipment and is expensive (if you cant get dog summon down to 0 seconds it wont work).
3. Rain of Toads / Acid Cloud, very survivable with LOH and CC procs, fast at low MP but slow at high mp. (i am a ROT/AC build).
Now if you could link all 3 builds in a calculator. This would be the best post ever.
12/08/2012 07:59 PMPosted by blackjack
3. Rain of Toads / Acid Cloud, very survivable with LOH and CC procs, fast at low MP but slow at high mp. (i am a ROT/AC build).

That set up is used specifically for proctors, i prefer darts/ac or with the 4 piece zuni bonus spirit barrage/AC.

Even with 3600 armour and 550ish resists i can survive easily in mp10.

(a few hundred million in dps+mitigation upgrades and i could solo it with my build.)

edit:
To clarify i swap out my passives and a few skills for mp10 ubers runs, what you see here is my farming set up.
Nice build hazey, not sure how your not running oom without rush of essence for your barrage.
@blackjack Nice procs on your pieces. I didn't know you could get freeze on a WH. I might have to invest some gold to get one then.

Have you ever thought of an EF for your weapon? It might compliment your theme.
12/08/2012 08:14 PMPosted by blackjack
Nice build hazey, not sure how your not running oom without rush of essence for your barrage.

:) thanks

To elaborate with the 4pc set bonus my base mana regen is 65 +10per kill, with the rune on barrage it costs 64 mana :)

People really underestimate the set bonus, every thing is long dead before mana ever becomes an issue.
The exception being mp10 ubers, without the constant returns from GI+GF+Mana on kill i do need to mix and match passives for better regen.