Is 0 Dog wd Best?

Witch Doctor
Hey there! I'm currently a 79k unbuffed 0 dog witch dogtor and am curious if this build is the best way to go for wd's or is AC or Bears build better? I hear there are 120k unbuffed Dogtors but i am having a hard time looking for what i need as in which wep, pants, etc.. and stats to improve this build.
i have some pieces for sale that will bring you past 100k if you are interested. I'm helping a friend sell his 120k dps dog set, of course its 120k with my lvl 80 paragon though.
You have to define 'best'. eDPS, survivablilty or both.

I run both.

160k DPS Unbuffed 0cd dog.
275k DPS Unbuffed zombie bear variant.

Low MP zombie bear variant is results in fastest clears. MP 1-5
High MP 0CD dog I can go toe to toe with any champ affix including Reflect. MP8+
High MP zombie bear variant I have to slow down for reflect champs. MP8+
bump/ question

do you think dogs will be viable for pvp when (if) it comes out?
bump/ question

do you think dogs will be viable for pvp when (if) it comes out?

even if it isnt, in group play at least you can grab a group of super high dps players who sacced some defenses for more burst, and you can just be a well of healing for them. And when any monks or barbs try to kill u anyway, u will just sit there and explode them to ballz.
I see that it could be very viable. Since the dogs run after the target by themselves, you can just wait until they are near to detonate them. On top of that, with "For the Master" they are self-healing mechanisms, as well. So in case you do get hit, you can self heal near-instantly.
What would be the best wep for a Dogtor? LS socketed Echoing Fury?
If you're not going for a rare spear, I find that EF would be a solid choice with its high min damage and use of black damage which would benefit greatly from your +elem damages from some BiS gear (SoJ, Tal's ammy & Zuni boots if you use them) to maximize your dps as a dogtor. LS would be icing on the cake and is noticeably good to have at mp9+ and vs reflect mobs. Expensive though, but clearly very good!
0CD dog build, get the highest DPS weapon with high APS.

My current EF is what I use for it.
for pvp just get 4 zero dogs players together and all they have to do is spam dogs at the same time and anyone with a less stellar computer is going to disconnect lol
"Is 0 Dog wd Best?"

Yes, we are the best.
Better than all the rest.
The others fail the test.
Zerodogs don't mess.
12/08/2012 06:14 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
for pvp just get 4 zero dogs players together and all they have to do is spam dogs at the same time and anyone with a less stellar computer is going to disconnect lol

for that comment man... ur fitting to be called chuck norris...

anyway z dogs are awesome utility for the group... decent damage, health globe spam, doesnt rely on mana pool, great health recovery thus + to survivability and damage buff for the group... wat is there not to love???
12/08/2012 11:03 PMPosted by sirH
wat is there not to love???

homunculus
12/09/2012 12:42 AMPosted by SimplMasheen
wat is there not to love???

homunculus

low dps on paper.. but it has a competitive damage output as other builds...
doon wan com-pe-ti-tive. wan own! :P

it's a great skill/gear combo, and it works together as well as people imagine. now open your inventory, throw your mojo on the ground. that's what it costs to use it. that's pretty much how I'd describe the tradeoff to anyone interested in running it.

yeah, I think it's worth it too. but, sirH, you know what it's like to see +40k dps on a mojo you're about to vendor.

it's a great skill/gear combo, and it works together as well as people imagine. now open your inventory, throw your mojo on the ground. that's what it costs to use it. that's pretty much how I'd describe the tradeoff to anyone interested in running it.

yeah, I think it's worth it too. but, sirH, you know what it's like to see +40k dps on a mojo you're about to vendor.

your gear only has 33s zombie dog cd, if you're playing a 0dog build at a 1s cooldown, then maybe thats why you dont see how strong it is lol.

i actually don't know how it feels to trade off my homunculus... i saw the build like 3 months ago... take a look at prices... rolled a wd and put on homunculus... i never tried another build... i did started as a wd in hc but i used a shield there so it doesnt count...

anyway paper dps i believe is just for bragging rights.... i think we are now to the point where trying to make interesting and weird builds viable.. thats wat diablo is all about right?
.75 is below the cast animation time, and yes I tested.
12/09/2012 12:04 PMPosted by SimplMasheen
.75 is below the cast animation time, and yes I tested.

you do know if you dont reach 0CD, you can never have a faster cast animation with IAS right?, and yes IAS effects it I tested it.
So once you are at zero and add IAS to the point you are at or exceed 2 per sec, whats the best way to cast it? Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting everything out of the cast that I should like dogs blows to early or whatever, but I don't feel like I'm getting 2 attacks per second.

Second question, what's the high level ubers you've run with this build. At MP7 life gets hard and it feels like there's more running than attacking.