The driving force to play....disappears

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
12/08/2012 05:54 PMPosted by SilverRhythm
After a total of about 800 hours of gameplay, I realized the contents of this game is just disappointing to keep the driving force in people to play continuously for long term.

Don't you think that 800 hours game time is pretty great for $60?

We dont even have PVP yet, please just think about that.

So lets say you got 800 more after PVP came out.

Is 1600 hours playing not amazing for $60?
12/08/2012 09:54 PMPosted by hampster
I do not know if it is because of terrible luck or RNG, but i remember when patch 1.06 just released, people were like OMG 8 LEGENDARIES IN A RUN, or more. Blizzard, admit it, you did reduce the rate of legendary drops :). There is no use hiding in the shadows and saying its all RNG. We are not dumb!

And the topic lost most of its credibility.

That said I agree with your general premise. D3 is definitely lacking in content. A simple way to artifically increase the content is allowing density rates of all acts to go up(outside act 3).

I was hugely disappointed in the scripted and linear gameplay of D3. I could barely explore and was forced to repeat the same plot over and over again to simply play. That makes me wish D3 operated more like a mmo with a huge world to explore and endless quests..

LOL sorry about that statement, its just to show that one of the driving force was the Legendaries when 1.0.5 released. However, that super drop rate eventually disappears all of a sudden :)
12/08/2012 11:25 PMPosted by rawr1234
you've played an average of 4 hours EVERY single day since the release in may...time for a little break maybe? :-P

Probably mate :) and wait for the new patch.
12/08/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Sal
you've played an average of 4 hours EVERY single day since the release in may...time for a little break maybe? :-P

Meh, if you say so, didn't need a break from D2 - always more to do, builds to try, players to kill

Yeah i admit, D2 has a more variety in build diversity compared to D3. Only barb is the exception so far. DH also has a decent amount of build set up. But monks and wiz for a build capable of inferno farming....hmm sadly only one i can think of
12/09/2012 12:16 AMPosted by SilverRhythm

Meh, if you say so, didn't need a break from D2 - always more to do, builds to try, players to kill

Yeah i admit, D2 has a more variety in build diversity compared to D3. Only barb is the exception so far. DH also has a decent amount of build set up. But monks and wiz for a build capable of inferno farming....hmm sadly only one i can think of

Careful OP or you just might be assimilated by these haters :)
12/09/2012 12:07 AMPosted by MagusHenosis
After a total of about 800 hours of gameplay, I realized the contents of this game is just disappointing to keep the driving force in people to play continuously for long term.

Well for me the whole point is not down to the $60 i spend to get this game. We have always enjoyed the diablo series and D3 will be bought regardless of the price for me and my team :).

What we only want is the game to give us more contents to keep our excitement up and not just mindless grinding
Well for me the whole point is not down to the $60 i spend to get this game. We have always enjoyed the diablo series and D3 will be bought regardless of the price for me and my team :).

What we only want is the game to give us more contents to keep our excitement up and not just mindless grinding

Point taken.

But in the end it's still just a game, and you can play it for many years to come.

By the time D3 has been out as long as D2 I bet there will be people with many 1000s of hours of play time.

That's pretty good for the price no matter how you look at it.

Not up to your expectations as a Diablo game? Well you have a right to your opinion.

Not all D2 players feel the same, just keep that in mind. I have talked to plenty that say they really like this......

In my view Blizz could have put in a whole lotta more randomized events. i mean it could be the same kind of event but in a different act with the monsters in that act plus different rewards. Possiblity of getting a high gem as a reward?
OP if "the driving force to play....disappears" then why not take a break?

I took many breaks from WoW when I got burned out or bored, and it can really help.

Here I just go at my own pace, and I am in no hurry to level up, etc.

Remember that the game is supposed to be fun, and if it isn't for you then you should either take a break or quit in my opinion.

People have literally died from playing Blizzard's games, and while it's not the fault of Blizzard at all it can show you how addictive their games truly are.

Many things are addictive in life and it's up to us to decide if, when, and how long to do them.
12/09/2012 12:31 AMPosted by MagusHenosis
Many things are addictive in life and it's up to us to decide if, when, and how long to do them.

He's got a point, OP. It's similar to booze in that regard. Too much can be unhealthy for the mind & body.
He's got a point, OP. It's similar to booze in that regard. Too much can be unhealthy for the mind & body.

+1

i have literally played d3 to the point of past exhaustion where i'm like in some sort of a spacey trance state. it's like waking up from falling sleep but never truly waking up because you're still sleepy.

it's like the feeling of falling down but you're already on the floor to begin with.

trippy huh

+1

i have literally played d3 to the point of past exhaustion where i'm like in some sort of a spacey trance state. it's like waking up from falling sleep but never truly waking up because you're still sleepy.

it's like the feeling of falling down but you're already on the floor to begin with.

trippy huh

I'd say more scary than trippy! Take care of yourself O-O
12/09/2012 12:21 AMPosted by MagusHenosis
Not all D2 players feel the same, just keep that in mind. I have talked to plenty that say they really like this......

I love all 3 diablo games.

In many areas Diablo 3 has made progress in the diablo franchise. However, in many other areas it blatantly lost progress. Things off the top of my head that Diablo2 had but Diablo3 does not:

RUNEWORDS (fun as hell)
Charms
Monster shrines
7 Playable Classes each with many different viable ways to play them
Character stat customization.
Player made games complete with lobbys.
Viable gear could be found on other difficulties.
NPC that could identify all your items with 2 clicks.
SOCKET QUEST.
Jewels
Offline/lan mode.
8 Person parties.
Proper Hitbox detection
99 levels each allowing you to customize your character further.
Gear with lower stats was viable and used because it did something SWEET
Gear that gave some classes abilities of other classes or even transformed your character!
Secret level with HORDES of monsters in a small area to bowl over with your unmitigated power.
HORODRIC CUBE (amazing mechanic design)
12/09/2012 01:10 AMPosted by dogma420
playing d3 is like an iq test .... low iq = play lots

You have 3 level 60's and over 10k elite kills. What is your I.Q.?
12/09/2012 12:21 AMPosted by MagusHenosis

Keep in mind the majority of D2 player posts have more to dislike than like this so far.
I only have 1 level to go and getting really really booored
12/09/2012 01:17 AMPosted by Roadblock
Keep in mind the majority of D2 player posts have more to dislike than like this so far.

Ya this might be true.

But even if it was, some of them no doubt are just happily playing D3 and not feeling the need to say anything here.
OP if "the driving force to play....disappears" then why not take a break?

I took many breaks from WoW when I got burned out or bored, and it can really help.

Here I just go at my own pace, and I am in no hurry to level up, etc.

Remember that the game is supposed to be fun, and if it isn't for you then you should either take a break or quit in my opinion.

People have literally died from playing Blizzard's games, and while it's not the fault of Blizzard at all it can show you how addictive their games truly are.

yeah mate, I have read news on people dying just by playing Blizz games continuously without eating proper nutrition and sleep. But rest assure am not that kinda crazy gamer lol.

Hmmm probably I am already at the saturation point where I find the game is just bored. Probably am going to rest a while and switch my focus elsewhere and come back here again when new patch release :) hopefully they do have some spices to spice up the game again
12/08/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Windgrace
I agree. I've put in hundreds of hours and 61 plvls into my WD (also 30 lvls into my Barb). The lack of drops worth anything is really starting to bug the crap out of me. My WD hasn't found a 100m drop EVER. In 60 plvls don't you think it's about time I see something decent? Upgrades are ridiculously expensive, the price gap between better and best is widening because the best items aren't dropped in price, but the better items are. I have to vendor hundreds of rares daily to make 1m a day or so in crap drops, while I see my friends boasting about their 1200 dps, ls, int, socket echoing fury they sold for 1b. I'd love to be able to spend more than 5-10m on a single piece of gear for once, but nooooo....

I know that feel, bro.

I know that feel.