Hellfire Ring

Demon Hunter
How do people get it so quickly? Anyone wanna give me some pointers/help towards getting one for myself?
Thanks!
group with others and do it on high MP. if you are in a group with 3+ ppl then each person needs only 1 machine to do a full run
easy, find 3 other people with infernal machines. join their game a leech a free hellfire ring. rinse and repeat.
I've crafted over 200 hellfire rings.
12/09/2012 02:14 PMPosted by InstantKill
Anyone wanna give me some pointers/help towards getting one for myself?
Do key farming runs with 3 friends, on the highest MP you can manage without slowing you down drastically. With four of you pooling your machines, again at the highest MP comfortable to your group, you will be getting rings in no time.

12/09/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Pwnsauce
I've crafted over 200 hellfire rings.
Good thing you gave such a constructive reply then.
All you have to do is twink out and spam the trade channel with "458k dps without ss dh carrying mp8+ ubers with your machines."
I try and keep 10 or so machines in my inventory. I've gone down to 3 and then farm keys like crazy to get the numbers back up.

Group play , as stated is the key where you can get together and do 3 ubers with only using 1 of your machines as other players will use one of theirs as well.

I'd focus on getting 3 machines and then try and do mp5 ubers with people willing to use a machine themselves to split the costs. If you can do that and do 3 rounds of ubers you should be able to get the parts to make one full ring at least (although doesn't always happen that way).

I've crafted about 25 rings or there abouts. nowhere near the 200 that Pwnsauce has crafted.

I've also crafted some rings for each of my followers (well the scoundrel was easy as I have so many dex based rings) by creating a Str and INT one. Also have even created a VIT one just for the heck of it.

Some nights I don't do ubers at all as I do some xp farming or leg farming. other nights I may do 3-5 rounds of ubers. Just depends. Best to just work hard on the keys. Act II is the easiest to get a lot of A2 keys.

Set up game with the "soulstone chamber" quest and on MP0 go to desolate sands and find and enter VOTA. There you will take a checkpoint. Exit game and select what MP level you want to farm keys for. Start game back up and you will start up in VOTA itself. Get your 5 stack and then port to oasis or path to oasis and go kill key warden. This is the fastest I've found getting keys. I spent about 2hrs or there abouts farming keys in A2 and ended up with 12 of them which then allowed me to stop farming there for a bit and go back to A1 or A3 and get keys from those KWs to make machines.

Hope that helps some.
I just keep one machine on hand. I farm MP8 for keys, but MP5-6 works reasonably well.

Then just look for people who are looking to form groups in trade/general channel in the MP level you think you can handle and join them. Most groups want members with machines, although I've tagged along with groups of 4 that didn't need a machine from their fourth member.

Then once I run and use my machine I farm another one. I just paragon level and farm until I see someone LFM in channels, then I rinse repeat.

I've made about 15 rings.

Set up game with the "soulstone chamber" quest and on MP0 go to desolate sands and find and enter VOTA. There you will take a checkpoint. Exit game and select what MP level you want to farm keys for. Start game back up and you will start up in VOTA itself. Get your 5 stack and then port to oasis or path to oasis and go kill key warden. This is the fastest I've found getting keys. I spent about 2hrs or there abouts farming keys in A2 and ended up with 12 of them which then allowed me to stop farming there for a bit and go back to A1 or A3 and get keys from those KWs to make machines.

Hope that helps some.

If you are going to farm act I for an extended period, it's worth it to start at A Broken Blade / Talk to Alaric. This does two things for you: 1. when you go to festering woods, the two dungeons will ping on the minimap when you are close, making it slightly faster, and more importantly, after you get your 5 stacks and kill the key warden, if you don't go anywhere else, when you start your next game you will start INSIDE one of the two dungeons in Festering Woods.

It's not as big of a gain in efficiency as the Act 2 trick, but it still a little bit better than just going to festering woods way point.