how much DPS do you need for uber mp8-10

General Discussion
so we ve got a group of newbs to d3, with a poorly budget

1 basicly 0 dps cm lockdown !@#$% wizard :D
and 3 "dds" 2 barbs 1 demonhunter

my question would be, how much dps would we need in order to take down the uber mp8-10 bosses all combined?

because sadly there is actually a timelimit due to the 30 minutes 5 stack nv timer....

i was thinking about every guys going aroudn 100k dps making the group dps 300k, then we should be fine with mp 8 at least or am i completly wrong??

we managed to do mp5 without major problems...
how much dps is necessary for mp10?

thx for your help
Trust me, you will not last till NV expire because the boss will enrage first and likely instant kill u.
I have nothing useful to contribute, but what is that Wizard's spec?
I'm on half-lockdown but my dps seems pathetic at 80k on MP4..

i ve no particular specc right now, since i m still in the planning process..

the wizard we used to do mp5 was not completly builded into pure "tankyness", it was rather a combination of cm lockdown and dps, which was at 70k i believe..

anyways for mp8-10 i just wanted to make a pure lockdown pure tank wizard and i ve already some ideas..

since the dps would be low i will go loh over ll, with a ton of AR, arcane on crit, attackspeed, life, and all that stuff you know

as for spec, well the basics of cm + tanky passives i guess
Unless you are running WW barb that can ignore all CC, you need to budget about 20% more dps for Zoltan Kulle/Siegebreaker compared to the other two Uber teams because of Kulle's slow bubbles.
12/10/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Veda
Trust me, you will not last till NV expire because the boss will enrage first and likely instant kill u.

i c, can you give some advice in terms of dps needed?
12/10/2012 01:17 AMPosted by BruceLeet
because sadly there is actually a timelimit due to the 30 minutes 5 stack nv timer....

You can do 1 uber, go kill an elite, repeat.

Still, I think enrage timers are about 8 min. With a CM/WW wiz, 2 +120k unbuffed dps ww barbs are enough for mp8, don't know about the dh tho.
12/10/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Beelzeboss3D

You can do 1 uber, go kill an elite, repeat.

Still, I think enrage timers are about 8 min. With a CM/WW wiz, 2 +120k unbuffed dps ww barbs are enough for mp8, don't know about the dh tho.

i think we did need more than 8, even around 20 or so if i remember correctly for those ubers at mp5..

are those enragetimers different on different mp?
You basically need a 100K DPS and above stunt lock CM Wiz and 3 DPS.

For melee barb and monk, you need to have damage mitigation even with huge DPS. For DH, good micro skill is needed since you don't directly engage ubers.

I would say 1x 100K DPS unbuffed CM Wiz, 2x over 200k DPS WOTB barb and a 200K DH.
I don't think so.

Actually, Kulle's is 8 minutes, dunno about the rest.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004040773#4
good to know thx lol, we just blindly did it at mp5 then ..

but well we just killed kille first because he thought he was the threatening one.. maybe we just randomly luckily killed him before enrage :D
anyways, that was a pretty lucky run for me though, i managed to get the ring through 1 mp5 run (we had 3 machines) while everyone else just got 1 organ in average and i even was the person without a machine :D
Very nicely done ^_^ If you guys need assistance in the future for ubers / key farming, I'm always down..go ahead and add me if you need anything
You basically need a 100K DPS and above stunt lock CM Wiz and 3 DPS.

For melee barb and monk, you need to have damage mitigation even with huge DPS. For DH, good micro skill is needed since you don't directly engage ubers.

I would say 1x 100K DPS unbuffed CM Wiz, 2x over 200k DPS WOTB barb and a 200K DH.

Just finished a MP10 uber run. We had 1 cm wiz with 115k dps, 3 DH with 250-280k effective dps. I would consider that the minimum for doing MP10 runs.
12/10/2012 01:49 AMPosted by Aiko
Very nicely done ^_^ If you guys need assistance in the future for ubers / key farming, I'm always down..go ahead and add me if you need anything

thx mate, sadly we are eu ^^, but i love hanging around in the us forums :p
MP8 you need about 80k dps, at least 100k vs Kulle

MP9 about 110k dps, at least 130k vs Kulle

MP10 about 150k dps, and about 180k vs Kulle

To safely beat all Ubers without heavy a CC character.
kulle is alright

did mp 10 with a barb (2players game) and killed kulle in 5minutes (240m hp kulle) with 230k dps dh no ss. (barb tank sb)

so basically dps around 150k should be alright in mp10 in 4 player group, ofcourse higher is better:P (dps requirement differ in different class though)
If you have the dps the easiest way to do kulle IMO is split him and siege to different sides of the map. Have your lowest dps just run kulle in circles while the other 3 dps down siege breaker, then switch to kulle.
I have not done mp10 uber yet but run 8/9 all the time.

Make sure your barbs are not both using impunity. One should take threatening shout or another skill to help the party.