Gold pick up radius should be revised.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 16 Next
Personally I think gold pickup is silly. I think if gold drops, it should just fall in my pocket, why have to pick it up at all?

That said, I DO like how health globe pickup works. That's not just a convenience mechanism, that's actual gameplay. I also love the skills that use it, grave injustice, CoL, I think it's very creative and unique and I think more skills should use this (especially other classes.)
see, so you say its not a compelling choice, so you don't really need it, so why are you asking for it for free?

the compelling choice here is
(a) choose being to having to walk over multiple times over a pile of gold or a health globe before picking it up

(b) and not having to do so.

I didn't say I don't need it or want it, it's simply not compelling to give up real stats that actually help me kill things or survive.
Yes, this is good but please do no touch the health globe pickup radius. We do not want to pick them up unnecessarily and then have none left to heal when needed.

The important thing to note here is what we want to pickup always and what we want to pick up when we need only.

Almost everything except a few like health globe is not an always want to pick up item. We know some players skips white item as they are pretty worthless but most of the other items, an auto pickup will be good to have. Maybe have an option to autopick what you want. This way, there will be less clicking. Of course, when the bag is full the message need only be show every 10/15 secs.
clearly pick up radius is a appealing affix cause ive seen tons of people complain about it but they think they should be able to stack all dps gear and have the advantage of pickup radius... if you want it you have to sacrifice dps and drop a mp level....

people complain about this game being dumbed down but then ask for an even more dumbed down easier version
There are a number of skills for other classes that give you HUGE bonuses based on PUR.

That number is 2.... “Gravel Injustice” and “Circle of Life.” and its not that HUGE. Ive tried it.

Nice try though. Use your head

Lol, ok. You really have no idea how to play the WD class. As somebody who has been playing this class since the game was released and has more hours in it then you do all your chars combined, I'd advise you step away from the keyboard and let the big boys talk.

Circle of life, yah that's one of them we have a few others. At least read the game guide before you talk out your rear. Grave injustice isn't that great.. ...I mean a skill that gives us Life , Mana (aka the ability to sustain high damage attacks like bears), and the only means of cool down reduction but requires things to die within your PUR radius.. how could that possible be useful. I mean it's not like we don't have spells with cool downs that allow us to vastly increase our DPS, Movement speed, Crowd Control, and so on.. Why would I possibly want to stay in spirit walk for as much of the game play as possible. oh yah, it makes me immortal... ...dumb@ss.

---

With that said, so many ignorant posts. Play more then one class guys, or more then one spec. WD's biggest and best buffs rely on PUR. It's why TOD is so popular.

Wizards also have a very interesting Passive that uses globes, and it's one of the most underrated affixes with a CM/WIZ spec it does WONDERS to keeping you alive when you are permi freezing everything and stuck in a small area, but can mouse over a globe @ 7, or 14 out and get health back if you are standing in piles of vortex, or fire.

For barbs, when you are blasting threw !@#$ and WW the last thing you want to do is stop to pick %^-* up. Suck up those globes and that gold without stopping to keep up your fury! Also don't forget "pound of flesh" gives you extra benefits for globes.

It's very beneficial for monks who are typically stuck in a location during the course of a battle again being able to grab those globes without having to move

and the same can go for Demon hunters very much like barbs when you are vaulting around, they also can gain disciple from globes which again is a benefit of PUR.

I am all for a min pur of at least 1, or increasing it with Para, just don't play it off like it's some crap affix. It's one of the best for all classes.

I've got para leveled chars of every class between my accounts. I won't run a single one w/out PUR.

players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

Greatest DPS = most efficient = best loot.

Nice options.

This is so sarcastic that it is funny.
Yes gold radius doesnt seem to be working to par.I litterally need to click the gold on a 5 yard radius.I agree with the poster :)

Make paragon more useful.It isnt much useful as it is now.
I would like some solution to pickup radious. I hate run in circles like 3 times because the radious is not enough to pick it. I dont want so spend gold on a stupid stat like pickup radious so would be good some solution like increase pickup radious to 5 base or just a little more.
Make pickup radius more beneficial, make it so that we can have an option to pick up certain commodities with it.
I run a barb...

Every class has it's unique ability. Mine WD has +20y to pickup radius on legendary mojo, your barb has LS % on belts. Thinking in your way - i'd like all classes to have LS on belts.
12/11/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Bart33k
I run a barb...

Every class has it's unique ability. Mine WD has +20y to pickup radius on legendary mojo, your barb has LS % on belts. Thinking in your way - i'd like all classes to have LS on belts.

no no, we should have LS on Para. lol
12/10/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare
we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient

With all due respect, and I do mean that, but I laughed when I read this.
WD have it easy on this one, they have a good mojo leg that gives 20yards by default..
see, so you say its not a compelling choice, so you don't really need it, so why are you asking for it for free?

the compelling choice here is
(a) choose being to having to walk over multiple times over a pile of gold or a health globe before picking it up

(b) and not having to do so.

I didn't say I don't need it or want it, it's simply not compelling to give up real stats that actually help me kill things or survive.

So that is your choice, but many others value pickup radius. I for one always want pickup radius on one piece of gear. To me that is a good choice, to you it may not be. It's a question of power vs utility.

Pickup radius is fine as it is. You only really need to give up one affix in your entire gear setup for a great deal of utility. The fact that there is debate over whether or not it's worth taking up one affix slot, shows that there IS indeed a compelling choice. Look through the responses and you will note that a few of us do like radius on our gear.

The ones that don't want it are just reluctant to sacrifice the e-peen boosting stats. So the trade-off should be that they are inconvenienced by choosing power over utility. It's a fair trade.
IMO they should raise the default pickup radius by 1 yard. Sometimes I feel like I'm right on top of the gold pile and it still doesn't pick up. Just because you don't have any pickup radius, it shouldn't be THAT annoying to pick up your gold.
It genuinely bring me pleasure reading all the stupid people !@#$%ing about how "useless" and item affix is then demand they get it automatically because they want it.

my witch doctor is built on thorns and pickup radius and it's going great. very happy with the build. And when I lost 5 pickup radius with a gear upgrade form my wiz, i struggled for a while because i couldn't teleport through the middle of combat picking up orbs anymore. and i can tell you as soon as i get a bit that has similar stats to mine with pickup radius, i'm taking it.

The point valeflare made is quite valid. the core design concept of a game is that it's a "series of interesting choices". and getting pickup radius through progressing is just dumb, because it's not a choice. I was switching back an foward between the two pieces of gear for my wiz for a while before i decided on one. i was basically tossing up pickup radius and +1200 damage. i went the damage because it's a big jump but if it was under 1k i would have stuck with pickup. and HAVING that decision is what makes the game fun
As a few players have pointed out in this thread, there are quite a range of appealing affixes that items can have. By choosing items that increase your pickup radius, you are making a decision that the value of that stat matters to you, and that you’re willing to trade other stats in order to have it. Having these sorts of compelling choices helps offer different itemization choices, and we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

We also like knowing when you feel that improvements can be made, though, so thank you for the feedback (seriously). We'll make sure it gets passed along to our developers.

you talk about itemization choices but yet build choices are still limited.we are forced to do one build or another CM WW for example I know there are others.why don't you guys take the grip off skills a bit more. it would improve game play more.
That affix is something they could add as a "crafting feature" you could add on to exsisting items that would not be an over powering addition to items. Maybe make it a quest to get some special mob that drops some sticky substance and the recip from another. You would need to get the item for every item you want to craft pickup radios into and that range rolls randomly 1 - 20 M.

*shrug*
just a way to make it fun.
12/11/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Seal
you talk about itemization choices but yet build choices are still limited.we are forced to do one build or another CM WW for example I know there are others.why don't you guys take the grip off skills a bit more. it would improve game play more.

Your are placing that imposition on yourself. there are a metric F-ton of build choices and if you want to make another character with your own build then just do it. It's all in your head. there will always be those elitist jerks who want to min max the crap out of everything and you know what? there WILL always be 1 build that's better at doing a task than another. this is an almost IMPOSSIBLE thing to avoid in game design. however the other build work too and if you want to improve your gameplay and have more fun with another build type... then just MAKE ANOTHER BUILD. done.
The people whining about having to run over gold to pick it up must be new to Diablo. I remember having to click on every single pile of gold to pick it up, whether it be 1 piece of gold, or 10000 pieces of gold. I don't remember complaining even once.

Where is this generation of "gamers" going? Seriously. It's really getting quite pathetic with all the complaining that goes around when the majority of features in this game are really quite simple and make it much easier for you, the player. The option is there to get pick-up radius on one or two pieces of gear, but instead you would rather come to the forums and complain about something that is already easily fixed by swapping out one piece of gear while you are farming that would really not decrease your stats by that much if you knew what you were looking for.

Stop being such whining little ignoramuses. It really isn't very appealing when you whine to get things your way.