[Video] Tempest Rush Monk - 100M exp/hr

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
Looks just as boring as a WW barb
To those saying the OP is doing it wrong (Speedforce and Technoviking) ... why don't you do similar runs with your superior build and tell us how much exp/hour you are getting?

I mean, I can tell everyone that I get 120 million exp/hour using Cyclone Strike on MP9 in Act 2, but if I don't provide any evidence then why would anyone listen to me?
12/20/2012 02:16 AMPosted by Winthrop
At what point did you make the switch to Dashing Strike

I was doing this run with wave of light and firestorm for ages. I finally got a TR crit soj and my 10% crit chance xeph so I made the switch to cyclone. Now with thunderclap+cyclone, elites melted and I didnt need wave of light, so i switched in dash.

Also, how often do you actually use it and how vital do you think it is to your achieving such a high xp/hr

The video provides an adequate demonstration of when I use it. The idea is to just get the extra movespeed whenever you are planning on running for 3 seconds straight. I am completely unable to ever break 100m xp/hr without dash (unless I get super lucky dense maps), so i would say it is vital

Do you think there is anything I could do more short term either to skills or gear choice that would give me a jump on my xp/hr?

You need to get enough spirit regen to drop circular breathing for submission. This will do wonders for your problem of mobs not dying. It will require a xeph though, and perhaps a better helm. That is the most important step by far for you, no reason to focus on anything else
I now have 125 k dps with my TR build. But thats if i run with circular breathing.
I got across a Xeph ammy with 8%cc and 2.something s.regen.
But besides from the crit chance on the Xeph theres no other usable values, would u recommend anyway that i go with the Xeph and MOC Submission?
I drop my dps to like 115 or so.

Thankful for some help.
Merry x-mas :D
I now have 125 k dps with my TR build. But thats if i run with circular breathing.
I got across a Xeph ammy with 8%cc and 2.something s.regen.
But besides from the crit chance on the Xeph theres no other usable values, would u recommend anyway that i go with the Xeph and MOC Submission?
I drop my dps to like 115 or so.

Thankful for some help.
Merry x-mas :D

Based on the limited amount of information available to me about your character, I would say you would be better off using the xeph and submission (I'm assuming you are using the cyclone build - a firestorm build has significantly different gear [less crit chance] and in that case I wouldn't recommend a low dps xeph like yours).

It's important that you get a good TR crit soj as well in order to see the right number of cyclones. Sheet dps isn't nearly as important as having the right amount of crit chance. That said, your dps is a little lower than I would like - I would recommend at least 130k (with a good TR soj and your xeph) in order to not leave large amounts of mobs behind on occasion.

EDIT: merry christmas!
Wow, thx man!

Well i got a SOJ with 2.18 regen and 4cc of TR. All i can afford.
And im getting a better Skorn now with LAK so i may get up to 130, and buying some better Inna pants.

Got over 40 cc and 4 cc of TR. I think its enough for now. And yes im using the cyclone build.

Thank u so much for the help!
Is Skycrown worth it? Also is the 3 area run generally the best exp per hour (for all classes and all builds)?
Awesome video Seaboots! This run is definitely the most xp/hour and it's so simple as well. The 3 areas are the best XP/area in the game, there is no question about it. Thanks for showing this man! I'm laughing at this speedforce guy thinking he knows everything about TR as if he created it or something. Your skillsetup and gear is so terrible that I don't why Seaboots even bother replying to you! SW:cyclone is definitely the best rune because it kills things off screen. I have tried both firestorm and cyclone and cyclone wins by MILES ahead, its honestly not even a contest, even if you have low crit because of the fact that you don't have to run back just to kill those 2-3 creeps. SSS is really godly and would recommend most players to use it. It 1 shots every single elite.

Some questions for you Seaboots. There has been some videos on youtube today and yesterday showcasing fastest XP/hour routes, do you still think this is the best route? Would love to see you test and try out these routes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWDKGXGZdxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGnpaV7krs&list=UUhin0yrYxIigqY1jjgqHgBQ&index=1

Is your route good for items as well Seaboots? I'm a pretty new monk so I don't know if I should be farming items or just getting levels. I don't have an hellfire ring right now because I don't have enough money for it. Do you know good routes to farm items?
I can guarantee you Crazy that with your gear setup cyclone is not better. you have 35% crit not even close to the threshold you need for cyclone to outperform firestorm. You aren't even running MOC Submission and your DPS w/out a Hellfire is fairly low--you definitely will have to do run backs to clean up stragglers. Cyclone only will shine in a VERY high crit spec arguably 45% + or a touch less w/ a TR Crit SOJ. with your current gear setup cyclone is definately not the most efficient SW choice for max efficiency. Maybe use inner storm and run submission instead and see if that eliminates run backs. I agree w/ you wholeheartedly on DR foresight/SSS--they are amazing for this build.
Actually techno, I have 40% crit unbuffed + 6% crit from my SOJ. Cyclone is DEFINITELY better in almost every situation for the fact that it kills things offscreen. I have tried firestorm many many times EVEN with about 30-35% crit and cyclone still outperforms it by MILES. Firestorm is just to weak and you really need to go back and forth to kill things efficiently. I can't use MOC submission because I would need a xeph amulet for that and those skyrocketed in price. I really don't see how firestorm is better. As druin said you won't be seeing cyclone killing things on screen, I just go through 1 pack and if a cyclone procs I know everything is going to be dead behind me.

Inner storm with submission is even more stupid, because your cyclone radius is SO low it is honestly not even worth using, MAYBE if you had like 130k+ dps and under 40% crit WITH soj. Cyclone is just so so much better I really don't see how this is even arguable, unless people aren't using cyclone properly (You have to make cyclones spawn behind you)

I think my dps is not THAT low, as 100k+ with 40% base crit I can do kill most things in 1 run. I don't see how I can upgrade my dps any more unless I spend 20m on 1 item
I hope every class has something like this. there is no joy in grinding mindless for exp or gear. every class should at least have something that facilitiest the moving while dps-ing mindset.
well i went by your profile and that is showing 35% crit. i agree cyclone works for heavy crit gearsets--firestorm does outperform cyclone at lower crit. cyclone wont proc enough clones at 30-35% crit for it to be better.

Some questions for you Seaboots. There has been some videos on youtube today and yesterday showcasing fastest XP/hour routes, do you still think this is the best route? Would love to see you test and try out these routes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWDKGXGZdxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGnpaV7krs&list=UUhin0yrYxIigqY1jjgqHgBQ&index=1

Is your route good for items as well Seaboots? I'm a pretty new monk so I don't know if I should be farming items or just getting levels. I don't have an hellfire ring right now because I don't have enough money for it. Do you know good routes to farm items?

I am unable to reach 100m exp/hr on either of those routes at all, let alone consistantly. So i'd say they are worse for sure. This route is fine for items, but if you want more items you should add stonefort and skycrown, core, and tower

(im not 100% certain about loot farming yet)
Will doing the 3 zone nets us better exp rate wif or without bridge?
i just started to play my monk again and this run is quite awesome for the exp/time spent. im posting because my main is a wizard and i have found a way to do this run in about 8 minutes. the wiz doesnt have as many run skills as the other chars do, so speed is somewhat slower but it can still be done decently fast. on my wiz i run around 196k dps in my exp gear/build playing mp1. i use meteor, scramble, 24% base move speed and tele/wormhole. i use living lightning and critical mass to reset my tele cooldown and to fuel my AP to spam meteor.

my wiz runs through at 54% MS when scramble is procced and tele is almost always up to move through dead areas. wizards cant run it as fast as other char but can still do this run in decent enough time. the exp in this run is great for the amount of time the run takes the only downside in my eyes is the run is so short theres not much loot or a farming aspect to it. i like to combine farming and exp so i do your run ( crater 2, KD 2, Rakkis) and i added sky crown and stone fort for some extra exp and more drops. this run takes me about 15mins on my wiz if im really going for speed.

a TR monk could probably do these additional maps in the 10 minute range. sky crown and stonefort added almost an extra bar of exp to the run for my plvl 61 wiz. the whole run crater 2 rakkis and KD2, stone fort, and skycrown totals me 2.5-3 bars of exp per game with a HF ring leorics and ruby helm at plvl 61.