I don't get what's so wrong...

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 16 Next
Just to add for more thought if D3 was "Drastically Improved" from D2 please explain

http://www.allgamenews.info/story/174584/most-disappointing-game-of-2012/

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/89533/most-disappointing-game-of-2012/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamrReview+%28gamrReview%29

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-5-most-disappointing-games-of-2012

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/12/11/most-overrated-games-of-2012/#more-18635

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/29/the-most-disappointing-video-games-of-2012-the-biggest-let-downs-3328637/

Since you're being so anal about "research" and "evidence" so if D3 was "drastically improved" in your point of view, why is it that it's first and still on top 5 of some of the most disappointing game lists of 2012?
Right, because I've been playing the series probably longer than you've been alive, means I have no background to judge a new title, aside from the fact that I've played it from beginning to end several times already.

oooh... is this about being an old ****er? Can I play? How many grandkids do YOU have... I got kids that have kids that are older than my kids... true story...

Personally, I'd at LEAST finish out inferno before claiming to have "played from beginning to end" and declaring myself competent to judge a new title, but since any dissention in your little thread is obviously not acceptable, I'll just keep that **** under my hat, and go with you being obviously more intelligent and mature and whatever else you feel the need to add than anyone else here.

blizzard ****ed up the best video game franchise ever made.

What is making you so mad and fixated on my profile? If you truly disagree with me, I have no problem with that, but at least try to make an argument as to why you think I'm wrong instead of blowing a person's thoughts out of the water because of a logical fallacy. I know people who have played a game for a long time and they still suck at it. It's not hard to kill elites, so the amount of them that you've killed has no correlation to how deep your knowledge of the game goes. I'm sorry, but I am not going to waste precious time I could be using making real money to play a game over and over just to gain your approval in a debate. If you want to refute my argument based on a silly kill-count on my profile, then I really have no business wasting my time responding to you.
Just to add for more thought if D3 was "Drastically Improved" from D2 please explain

http://www.allgamenews.info/story/174584/most-disappointing-game-of-2012/

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/89533/most-disappointing-game-of-2012/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamrReview+%28gamrReview%29

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-5-most-disappointing-games-of-2012

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/12/11/most-overrated-games-of-2012/#more-18635

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/29/the-most-disappointing-video-games-of-2012-the-biggest-let-downs-3328637/

Since you're being so anal about "research" and "evidence" so if D3 was "drastically improved" in your point of view, why is it that it's first and still on top 5 of some of the most disappointing game lists of 2012?

Lol you're cute...the first two links post the same content and article word for word, you probably used one as a filler to make it appear more numerous. Your third link wouldn't even load, your forth one's only complaint was that it operates on cloud gaming, and the last article is about the only one providing a plethora of downsides. So really only one link you provided really helps you, the others are just filler with no substance on the topic.

EDIT: By the way, the guys reviewing this game didn't play to 50k elite kills. Just a FYI, you should probably refute their claims and expertise entirely.

Yep, the expected reply of someone who knows he is cornered and has no way out.

You're welcome. Stop treating the community like a bunch of uneducated fools and maybe you won't receive the same back.

Have a lovely day.

Stupid post gets a stupid reply. Being outnumbered opinion-wise doesn't mean I am wrong nor is it deterring me from my position. I'm not here to change your mind, I'm here to point out your fallacy and maybe have a small laugh at you pounding your fists into your keyboard.

HAHAHA.

Go back through YOUR thread. This isn't about being outnumbered or changing my mind. It stems from all this that you believe you have this air of importance, or some wonderful undiscovered new information about the game that everyone else hasn't yet discovered.

Oh noes, how could everyone else possibly all missed this!

The truth is, we haven't. But somehow you think this then escalates you above all others because you have some kind of 'answer'. But in reality all you have ever stated were things that are already obvious to the vast majority of the playerbase. There are no answers here, no new directions, no new ideas and really, you got absolutely nothing new to bring to the table.

Face it.

I'm not the one with the pages and pages of what is really a combined accumulated mass of already known and bleedingly obvious information. But I pointed it out and not surprisngly you don't like it because it reduces you to a mere mortal, just like the rest of us.

Look hard into yourself before accusing others of 'pounding at a keyboard' and reconsider whos laughing at who.
Nothing is wrong with Diablo III in my opinion. I had fun playing the beta and am still enjoying the game today (go ahead, check my profile all you want).

I'm having just as much fun, if not more, with the itemization process in Diablo III as I did with Diablo and Diablo II.

As for that article in allgamenews.com goes, I couldn't care less what some pontificating jackanapes has to say on some game site.

What is making you so mad and fixated on my profile? If you truly disagree with me, I have no problem with that, but at least try to make an argument as to why you think I'm wrong instead of blowing a person's thoughts out of the water because of a logical fallacy. I know people who have played a game for a long time and they still suck at it. It's not hard to kill elites, so the amount of them that you've killed has no correlation to how deep your knowledge of the game goes. I'm sorry, but I am not going to waste precious time I could be using making real money to play a game over and over just to gain your approval in a debate. If you want to refute my argument based on a silly kill-count on my profile, then I really have no business wasting my time responding to you.

I'm not fixated on your profile, I'm fixated on your snobbish uppity attitude.

I don't really care about the "debate" (I use that term very loosely in this case). The simple truth is that I happen to enjoy jokes. Normally I just read the jokes... it's very rare to have a discussion with one, so I figured I'd keep the conversation going a while.

Stupid post gets a stupid reply. Being outnumbered opinion-wise doesn't mean I am wrong nor is it deterring me from my position. I'm not here to change your mind, I'm here to point out your fallacy and maybe have a small laugh at you pounding your fists into your keyboard.

HAHAHA.

Go back through YOUR thread. This isn't about being outnumbered or changing my mind. It stems from all this that you believe you have this air of importance, or some wonderful undiscovered new information about the game that everyone else hasn't yet discovered.

Oh noes, how could everyone else possibly all missed this!

The truth is, we haven't. But somehow you think this then escalates you above all others because you have some kind of 'answer'. But in reality all you have ever stated were things that are already obvious to the vast majority of the playerbase. There are no answers here, no new directions, no new ideas and really, you got absolutely nothing new to bring to the table.

Face it.

I'm not the one with the pages and pages of what is really a combined accumulated mass of already known and bleedingly obvious information. But I pointed it out and not surprisngly you don't like it because it reduces you to a mere mortal, just like the rest of us.

Look hard into yourself before accusing others of 'pounding at a keyboard' and reconsider whos laughing at who.

You are correct about one thing, most of what I've said IS obvious...which is why it's difficult for me to understand why anyone would be so zealous to complain about, hate, or bash this game as badly as it gets beat. Seemingly, you and a lot of other who have posted here are delusional about a few things pertaining to D3. I was more than happy to spend some time correcting the mistakes of the misinformed. These forums are notorious for being fogged with ignorance, banter, and trolls. This is usually why people frequent Team Liquid or Inc Gamers and not here for real, educated opinion.

I'm not here to provide anything new. If I wanted to provide something new, I would make a thread called "New ideas for Diablo 3" and not a thread having to explain to small prepubescent children who grew up on WoW and a sense of entitlement why this game is the way it is.

I have 7 going on 8 pages going on this thread, obviously I did something right to get such a massive response. Maybe one day you will be creative enough to come up with a thread that will get more than 5 posts. But I'm not going to hold my breath. I do not think I am better than you, but concerning the current topic, I certainly feel I am more in the right at the moment because I provided a reasonable, logical frame for you and you've provided nothing but banter after banter after banter on me personally, seemingly avoiding getting too deep into an actual discussion. I wonder why.

You can laugh all you want. You're not really besting me at anything so until you do, your laugh is just a sad sign of denial and I really pity it more than anything. Lol.
Nothing is wrong with Diablo III in my opinion. I had fun playing the beta and am still enjoying the game today (go ahead, check my profile all you want).

I'm having just as much fun, if not more, with the itemization process in Diablo III as I did with Diablo and Diablo II.

As for that article in allgamenews.com goes, I couldn't care less what some pontificating jackanapes has to say on some game site.

Thank God, the cavalry has arrived.

heyyy someone who gets it. i'm still having fun after 4 months and i agree, moreso than d2. d2 was all about heavily farming hrs which rarely dropped - where in d3 you can find something valuable and even though may not suit your char, you can sell for gold and buy your own upgrades. who cares what someone else says about it? i am aware i'm not in the majority, but i still love the game.
LOL at OP!

2k elite kills? jesus kid, u havent even played the game yet to be making an opinion.

Only people that like/ tolerate this game are people who have not even played it. anything under 15k elite kills and ur opinion is void...

Dont believe me? just look at anyoen that says this game is bad (you will see in profile over 15k elite kills) and anyone that says the game is great (someone with less than 15k elite kills)
LOL at OP!

2k elite kills? jesus kid, u havent even played the game yet to be making an opinion.

Only people that like/ tolerate this game are people who have not even played it. anything under 15k elite kills and ur opinion is void...

Dont believe me? just look at anyoen that says this game is bad (you will see in profile over 15k elite kills) and anyone that says the game is great (someone with less than 15k elite kills)

If you scroll up, someone with 30k kills agreed with me. So now your opinion has become invalid. Thank you, come again.
He guys,i haveplayed diablo 2 lod for over 10 years,thebest thingaboutitihaveaazmazon level 94andfinally got a faith bow,i didnt have many good thing to trade with but after so many itemscolloection and trading i finallygot it, hadto trade almost85 percentof my items but well worththe adventure. D3 ? Oh hmmmm take out credit card click on it and voila i brought it in less then 1 minutes a high dps weapon. Played it for a couple of months and now what do i do now? My game with d3 is done wow 3 months of d3 compare to 10 plus years?
@ OP, beat inferno first before you try and author 'state of the game' threads.
01/02/2013 09:04 PMPosted by p0t
@ OP, beat inferno first before you try and author 'state of the game' threads.

Yeah, like I'm gonna take a guy that blows dope seriously.
Whats wrong is to me the game is not fun ! Once u beat inferno and do some grinding then make all classes to lvl 60 just trying to see if it was the character that got boring. To find out its the game not the class you are playing. Diablo 2 might have been alot easyer to play but the gear grind seems so much more fun when you were still lvling to 99 in the process. Joining a game in D2 and hearing that hostile sound made your blood pump omg i miss that.
WHY CANT LOGIN.. ERROR 3007.. PLEASE HELP ME LA.. PLS FIX ASAP..
Many people complain because they wanted another D2. While D2 was flawed in so many ways (horrible drop rates, repetetive Baal grinds, no diversity in specs, Bots) etc. they still loved it and wanted exactly this game.

Since D3 is different now they automatically dislike it. It wasnt any different when D2 was released, all of us D1 veterans were upset about skill tree´s, pointless vendors, no ingame depth etc.

It is quite common that people dont like new ways, if you are neutral and look at D3 from that perspective you will come to the point where you see that its a good game. The negative points from D2 have been reworked but there will always be those that glorify D2 - most of them didnt play D2 for long or legal tho, so they do not really know much about the real D2 issue´s.

Still D3 has many problems, right now Blizz is ignoring them tho like they did at D2 for half a century.
01/02/2013 05:12 AMPosted by Arsonyst
There is actually plenty of diversity with builds

Ow man stop please, you killed 2000 elites you haven't played enough to see the problems.
You have 2000 elite kills. Think back to this post when you reach 20k+.

The problem with the game is that it becomes a snoozefest way too quickly.

Because you clearly need 20k elite kills to realize this game is going nowhere at the moment.

People like you need to jump off a cliff.
01/02/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Arsonyst
Again, I've already been to that point. What you are describing to us all is what an RPG is. You obviously play WoW and should know better that you as well are subject to a long grind at the level cap. I mean, how many times do you need to run an instance to get the drop you're looking for? Diablo 2 was no different in this respect, constant Baal runs to get the armor for my zon, took me days and hours of doing it to finally get a drop. I'm older now, I don't have that kind of time and neither do a lot of other players, the AH is a magnificent tool. You will learn to appreciate it more when the PvP is released and you're getting your keister handed to you because you're getting tremendously out-geared.

I played WOW, but not for the end game. I played it to build characters (I would say toons, but don't want to hear all kinds of nonsense about that, lol). I liked messing with different skills and builds...just for the fun of it. I had multiple characters both ally and horde on many servers. That was what was fun for me. As in everything else Blizzard is doing these days, they have made that almost an insignificant part of WOW, and I no longer play it. The same goes for D2...I played it totally solo, just to mess with silly builds and enjoy killing things. I didn't do Boss runs for specific items, I just played a character up to 60-70, then got bored with it, and started another. I obviously played with only what I looted or could buy... and never once had issues with my gear being too weak. The stat/skill point system was much more versatile, and usable. I never tried to be the optimum anything, or searched for BIS gear...I just enjoyed playing. That is something that one will never be able to do in D3. Without gear, this game is totally unplayable at higher levels. The drops are way too weak to support a persons progress.

I don't PVP, have absolutely no interest in it, so I won't be having my kiester handed to me. I'm not in any way interested in having BIS gear, wasn't in WOW, or D1, or D2. I find that D3 is impossible to gear up past barely being able to defeat Inferno on MP2 or 3. The cost of items on the GAH is way too high for a person who doesn't bot or use a credit card. It will never drop, at least nothing has for me. I think I have one item equipped on all my characters that I actually found. The rest I have purchased from the AH...not because I wanted to, but because I had to to progress. I'm not even talking about good gear, just marginally good enough to complete Inferno on the lowest levels.

There are many others who have similar play styles, and who are very disappointed with D3 because of the things I have mentioned. If you are happy with D3, great, but there are many for whom it was a great let down, and thus they express that disappointment. That is why there is a large amount of "hate" on these forums, as for the most part, little has been done to improve the game for many of the Diablo franchise fans.