I am 90 paragon as a wizard yet....

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
12/14/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Leonyy
A lv 100 Barb is so common that I won't impress at all. A lv 100 DH is not bad, I think that guy got some achievement. When I saw a Lv 100 Monk/WD/Wizard, I was like "WoW~~, That Guy Is Something."

12/14/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Leonyy
A lv 100 Barb is so common that I won't impress at all. A lv 100 DH is not bad, I think that guy got some achievement. When I saw a Lv 100 Monk/WD/Wizard, I was like "WoW~~, That Guy Is Something."

Lvl 100 DH are extremely common as far as paragon levels go. Not to mention all the other classes can hit60+ Mil EXP per hour just like a barb can.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/

I beg to differ, Aside from being the first to hit level 100 (first page)
Look through all the other pages, they're evenly distributed between most classes.

Imo if you ask me, archon wizard is the fastest pleveling characters right now...

Yes it is actually. But you can't fill the heads of mindless drones and trolls with any type of logic. THey just want to whine about class imbalances or anything else they have time to cry about. QQ Barbs are OP QQ I wanna run faster QQ Reflect Damage QQ ranged need 30% damage reduction.......and on and on and on and on
OP reminds me of all the people that want ladders in D3... their accomplishments are only valid if there's hardly anyone else to have done the same.
12/14/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Xane
I don't see why class would make a difference, if anything I'm glad I didn't use a barb to do it....But seriously, get a hellfire, atleast.

Think about it... why would one class be better for quickly leveling than the others... hm...
12/14/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Vaeflare
f you personally prefer playing a Wizard over a Barbarian, then I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

i prefer electrocute and archon :)
it's no lvl 99 like diablo 2.. that's for sure.
BARB is op... rest of classes are far behind in terms of farming speed. This needs to be addressed with some MEANINGFUL balancing. However, I doubt this will happen :D.
I feel like the accomplishment is nothing to write home about.

I am only 10 levels away from 100, but the amount of 100 barbs I see really ruins the epicness of dinging 100.

As a wizard, I have had a significantly longer road then a barb for example, I have also not used a hellfire, or any sort of XP + gear except a gem in my helm.

Does anybody else feel cheapened of the achievement, mostly because 90% of the 100 paragon people are barbs?

Honestly, you are too concerned about what the other player is doing. Also reaching 100 doesn't make any player a better person no matter what class they play.
I haven’t personally made it to Paragon level 100 yet (though I know some people that have), but I think it’s a great achievement, no matter what class you are.

Whatever class or range of classes you choose to play in Diablo III is a personal decision, and while it’s easy to get caught up in looking at the gear other players have or where they are in the game compared to yourself, I’ve found it’s a lot more enjoyable to simply focus on what goals I want to accomplish in the game, and what I can do to accomplish them. At the end of the day, it’s not a contest or race, after all. If you personally prefer playing a Wizard over a Barbarian, then I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

terrible advice btw...

if you want to actually play this game and enjoy your options are really straightforward, play a barb, or play a monk and glitch your sweeping winds with macro swaps. don't listen to this guy trying to tell you any different, there is one class in this game, 1 glitch in this game and then 3 and a half utterly worthless heroes.

not to fret wizards, remember before they released 1.05 that they acknowledged how terrible our class was and they are fixing it "Soon"... hmmm it's like i have heard that one before.

1 class thats good? are you !@#$in People like you need to be bannd from posting such utter sh!t.
I feel like the accomplishment is nothing to write home about.

You're right, its not; because this is a game. You aren't graduating from an Ivy, or Med School or even high school. You didn't win the presidency of a country.

You spent one or two thousand hours playing a game. Do you want to be on the front page of the newspaper for Paragon 100? A parade maybe?

Whiners. If you want to feel accomplished go do something worth while in life, not in a video game.
Most people are telling him to get a hellfire... Have you people forgotten how hard it is to get that infuriating plan from the last warden? I myself haven't gotten it... Tried yesterday on Mp6-9..... Died almost a million times... But I had fun.

Dnt get me wrong, im not complaining about warden or mp difficulty... im just saying its not always as easy to get said hellfire ring, especially the first time around.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Schnutti-2852/

I talk to this guy daily, for hours on end while he levels paragon on his 4th class and I play/farm.

He will tell you there is very little in it across all classes.
I never thought of paragon as an accomplishment anyways. It's a tool, a means to get rid of magic find gear / slightly improve stats, nothing more. It shouldn't feel like an accomplishment - that's like saying that being a 10th prestige 70 in a mind numbingly stupid game like CoD is an accomplishment. It isn't; you just played more than the other people.

And to be perfectly honest, the effort involved with progressing past 50 isn't comensurate with the reward. There's diminishing returns with the level you are and the effort you put in after a certain point. Going past that spot for yourself isn't an accomplishment, it's torture.

A real achievment is doing something no one else can do. EVERYONE can get to paragon 100. No reward (no in-game reward (DR affected gains) and no real reason to feel proud (sure it took a long time but honestly, some scrub who puts in half the time will be at your level in a month)) means no accomplishment. Just play the game to play it. Don't worry about trivial things like how you feel about an automatic game mechanic thats only real purpose is to help your loot finding.
12/15/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Saberfenix
Does anybody else feel cheapened of the achievement, mostly because 90% of the 100 paragon people are barbs?

90% of what? of the top 100? of the top 1000? be specific.

I just had a look at the top 100 paragon and 58% of them are barbs.

58% factual vs your so called "90%"....i sense a bit of exaggeration

I just find the whole "children crying because they didnt come first" thing amusing....really shows the maturity level of the players on this forum.

i mean if you had structured your post in the following way:

1) I think barbs are OP and here's why .....
2) ways in which blizzard may make other classes more up to speed with a barb....

then i would have had more respect for u.
but no all i heard from your post is:

"WAAHHHH MUMMY I DIDNT COME FIRST!!!! SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE GOT THERE BEFORE ME WAAAAAHHH!!! THOSE BARBS ARE EVIL BECAUSE THEY HIT 100 FIRST!!! WAAAHHHH"

Not that I'm disagreeing, but you realize there are 5 classes, right? 58% of a sample being one of five isn't that much better than 90%. In fact it isn't better at all, it's just as ridiculous. Had he said half the top are barbs, it would have had the same impact as saying 90% from a rhetoric perspective. It is an exageration, but come on... Don't be a #%#@**%*.