I am 90 paragon as a wizard yet....

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
The reason barb was world first 100 plvl wasn't because barbs are faster, it was because alkaizer found the most efficient path. Same for world first hc plvl 100, being a wizard had little to do with it, that guy just played more and lvled in a1 so he wouldn't die. He could have done it with any class.

As far as the fastest xp'er, I would say monk, closely followed by barb.

Edit: And as many others have said, the reason there are so many more plvl 100 barbs is simply because many more people play them.
Well, if you 90% are barbs and you are almost there as a wiz, it is a big deal. But I also don´t belive that the barbs that are there feel anything special. It´s not like you get any meaningful reward anyway. No stat point, no skill or talent trees. And, besides the forum, you can´t even show to anyone that you are 100 or so...
I am definitely working on my Paragon levels as a Wizard. Thanks to a bit of tweaking and some good legendary drops, I can push things up a couple of notches in monster power and using experience buffs, get a decent climb up the ladder. Reached 38 so far and I intend to keep going. Tough sometimes, but I can now go through the entire game at Inferno with my wizard in a what I consider a reasonable manner, and I have done two of the Infernal Machine portals so far. It was a long haul to get the plans from the Keywarden in Act 4, but what the heck, I was rolling up EXP in the process so I did not mind that much, and I got some good ideas from reading what other folk are using for their builds which helped a lot in coming up with something I think works pretty decently. I quite look forward to achieving paragon 100 and see what happens. :D Need more gems though... really would like to see drops of higher level gems. Costs me a fortune to make good gems for my gear, and in this build they are important.
"...but the amount of 100 barbs I see really ruins the epicness of dinging 100."

*SIGH*
You guys make it a race trying to compare yourself to other players... Just play because you like to. Not to be unique or special. Just play because you like rocking sh*t with meteors or whatever.

I swear, the WoW mentality of "I'm the top _____ in the world" has really messed up online gaming.
I would feel it much worthwhile to ding 100th plevel if they have a new achievement called Skip Cut-scene 90,000.
12/14/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Vaeflare
put on your robe and wizard hat

I doubt ill get a response, but is this a bloodninja reference?
You guys make it a race trying to compare yourself to other players... Just play because you like to. Not to be unique or special. Just play because you like rocking sh*t with meteors or whatever.

I swear, the WoW mentality of "I'm the top _____ in the world" has really messed up online gaming.

its fine to be top in something.
The matter is if you want to be hardcore and stand out, you need to be hardcore and set your mind to the task and take the challenge than saying "OH its not fair, OH blahblah"
This is pointless for a few reasons, first off your percentages were pulled from your rear end. Less than 42% of softcore paragon level 100s are barbs according to diabloprogress as of this posting. (5150 level 100 softcore, 2145 of those are barbs. 870 are wiz) and second why would you even care? How does anything other than not being the first diminish anything?!?

Get over yourself.
We do have a rush build Yondaime. There's a post on it with a video on the wizard's forums. That guy do 70+mil exp/hour. I could only do 60 cos I'm not good at optimizing teleport.

I could pull the build off with 210k dps. You have more than me even when you drop GC so it'll work. And you have the pickup radius to pull it off too.

Drop archon. Use blizzard (stark winter). Passives astral presence and power hungry. Wormhole teleport. Spam blizzard and move. Blizzard>move/tp>blizzard>move/tp. You get the idea. You'll lose a lot of loot but if exp is what you want then it's no problem. Anyway you control the pace. If you want more loot, just slow down.

You're going to get hit a lot so you need some mitigation. But it activates scramble often. I can't tell if you have enough but it seems like you do. That's what helps with the speed.

Hope that helps.

P.S. I'm tired of levelling my wiz. Time to give my DH some love.
I haven’t personally made it to Paragon level 100 yet (though I know some people that have), but I think it’s a great achievement, no matter what class you are.

Whatever class or range of classes you choose to play in Diablo III is a personal decision, and while it’s easy to get caught up in looking at the gear other players have or where they are in the game compared to yourself, I’ve found it’s a lot more enjoyable to simply focus on what goals I want to accomplish in the game, and what I can do to accomplish them. At the end of the day, it’s not a contest or race, after all. If you personally prefer playing a Wizard over a Barbarian, then I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

totally agree, I'm selling off my barb and probably just put so much gear on him to barley do mp3, cause that's all your really need right now, and cheap to get. I don't know why its such a ego trip for the best items in the game or have high dps.
Hitting plvl 100 is admirable only unless you used a bot to achieve it.

Personally, I'd rather take my time with getting to plvl 100 as I'm a casual gamer and I'd like to keep it a long-term goal, rather than doing 100 Alkaizer runs a day.
already on my way to hit 2nd 100,

nee ner nee ner nee ner

cry cry cry, my alt will out chase u :p
In SOFTCORE, Paragon 100 is not an achievement.

An achievement would require some sort of skill.

All Paragon 100 is, is an indication of how much time has been invested.

Anyone can eventually achieve Paragon 100 in softcore, hence why you feel sleighted.
12/14/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I haven’t personally made it to Paragon level 100 yet (though I know some people that have), but I think it’s a great achievement, no matter what class you are.

Let's be honest, none of the CM's actually play enough to be Paragon level 15 yet.
As a wizard you should be proud of hitting 100. Just do it!

In SOFTCORE, Paragon 100 is not an achievement.

An achievement would require some sort of skill.

All Paragon 100 is, is an indication of how much time has been invested.

Anyone can eventually achieve Paragon 100 in softcore, hence why you feel sleighted.

Even on hardcore its just time spent, any area/mp level that would actualy require skill would just be less effecient. Its not like I ever die on my exp runs, and trust me im not using any skill at all can do it one handed lol...
thats cause barbs are the nubby class, takes no brains to play one.....
Well yea getting 100 paragon is an acomplishment, gratz u spent alot time grinding, putting in alot time, too bad it was for no reward,( exept personal, like the blue text said) dont worry about everybody else is better than u at paragon 10, plz disregard those guys)) hell 90 cool too gratz! Like the game master said who cares ur gear sucs and there was no reward but personal satisfaction. I mean after all it is a game where barbarian tanks run away and wizzard glass cannons with or without that passive stand and fight.....i mean all makes perfect sense if u really think about it, maybe if u played the virtual market and gave ur money to terrorist and buisnessmen in other countries u could be better. but i'd stick with giving blizz a cut and use rmah so u dont get banned by thier buddies.

Whatever class or range of classes you choose to play in Diablo III is a personal decision, and while it’s easy to get caught up in looking at the gear other players have or where they are in the game compared to yourself, I’ve found it’s a lot more enjoyable to simply focus on what goals I want to accomplish in the game, and what I can do to accomplish them. At the end of the day, it’s not a contest or race, after all. If you personally prefer playing a Wizard over a Barbarian, then I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

hahgay.com