Why we don't get any events ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
12/18/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Bloo
a closed room full of fallen maniacs and the sole objective is to dodge them all lol maybe a new event?
12/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Grimiku
In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

I know a lot of dislike will be put toward this but still my suggestion.....

April 1st (April Fools day)
Bring back invulnerable minions, and do it with vengeance! Have it be like a 50-75% rate that each pack you run into will be this. Its only for one day and its a prank, people would get over it soon enough =p
Bring back invulnerable minions, and do it with vengeance! Have it be like a 50-75% rate that each pack you run into will be this. Its only for one day and its a prank, people would get over it soon enough =p

hahahaha +1.

They should also make it so that all whites drop only gray/white items and Elites guarantee a leg drop, but they're all Frostburn Gauntlets.

Oh wait, that already happens...
In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

For events like holidays, really, I'd be happy with just visual changes. I wouldn't care if there was no added content--just seeing a goblin in a santa hat or reskinned as an elf would make my day.

Or maybe Azmodan says Christmas-themed things when he appears ("You think you know pain, Nephalem? You have been very naughty this year!").

Or Maghda could drop a legendary candy cane that can randomly turn enemies into Christmas presents, and the candy cane only exists during the holidays.

I dunno, just stupid stuff like that would go a long way for me.

A Christmas themed Whimseyshire would be awesome! Instead of ponies and bears you have elves, reindeer, snowmen, and evil Santa to kill and explode into body parts.
Why not daily quests? Like kill each act boss once in inferno and receive some sort of token..

30 tokens = more bag space?
60 tokens = extra stash tab?
90 tokens = imperius wings?

It might get people logging in for at least an hour a day
This is not an MMORPG!
Goblins dressed up in Santa suits. It'd be extremely easy to do and they basically fit the role to a T. Blizzard could also decorate Act 1 and Act 2 towns with holiday decorations, but probably not Act 3 since I doubt a place under siege would celebrate anything.
12/19/2012 03:15 AMPosted by SIlph

I know a lot of dislike will be put toward this but still my suggestion.....

I had to log in just to say how awesome this would be.

In fact, while we're at it, let's bring back all the bugs from days of yore: The molten instagib effect, Nightmarish chain-fearing, Elite Fallen Maniacs (I loved those guys!), no Unity rings dropping, etc. Obviously, they'd have to keep that stuff out of Hardcore, or people just wouldn't play for fear of dying...but I think it would be cool to experience it in Softcore, for a little bit.

You kids these days don't know how good ya have it! Back in my day, Barbs were the worst class, and everyone was deathly afraid of Soul Rippers *waves walking stick in the air*

"Oh Grandfather...enough with your crazy stories!"
+1 for the blue post, go to hell with xmas events.

If any add POE like events with HC leveling challenges and other interesting stuff!
They should add a Christmass Karaoke Event on Christmass eve and day!!!

Karaoke song: Jingle bells!

-Requirements: 2 chest tab's full with unid Items!
-Id the items to the beat of the song! (ofcourse with this Event, Item id'ing is instant)
-Reward: Laughter and joy!!

Sarcasm mode off
How about just giving XP Boost weekends similar to CoD, and for holidays give 3x legendary chance to drop, or days when rares only roll 5-6 affixes, maybe even make bosses drop a garaunteed legendary the first time you kill them the day of the holiday. This isn't adding any new content to the game therefor it doesn't mess with the persistant world aspect. I dunno man, call me crazy but every "online only" games i've ever played had holiday events, even text based games for that matter.... It would definately be nice to get a new carrot dangled every now and then just to keep us chasing something new and exciting rather than the same ol act 3 runs that garnish similar rewards every time.
A time portal by infernal machine where you go to an old zone or boss fight from diablo 1 or 2.

And a portal to a pvp zone that connects to many players. Both would be neat.
Hey check out my new 1.0.6a setup and subscribe to my channel! http://youtu.be/BdUYLOj2t2U
12/18/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Twister
right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

+1. Cmon guys there is better value than a silly 1 time thing

like maybe better itemization? ROFL like that will ever happen
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

Agreed
Turn Whimsyshire into the north pole. It should just be a reskin for the most part. Flowers become elves. Teddy bears become snowmen. Unicorns become Reindeer. Then, instead of champs and rares, have uniques named after the reindeer and Santa. Have the final treasure be his sleigh with all of the goodies. Since you only spawn, say, 4 reindeer at random, you have to go through 3-4 times to kill all of them and you get an achievement for killing all of the uniques in the north pole.

Also, make it so that people have to farm all of the items for the staff of herding again, but they drop something different in December, like top hat(shinbone), carrot nose (mushroom), sleigh bell or scarf (wirt's bell), lumps of cole (gibbering gemstone), Instant Snow - Just add water! (liquid rainbow), Plan for snowman. Then you bring your snowman to the cow king and you go to the north pole instead of Whimsyshire.