Why we don't get any events ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
I'd say add one Holiday themed elite mob "Grinch" that has a small % chance to appear in whatever act the player is in after killing 30 elite packs in the act

It can be in the form of a goblin to save coding.

When it appears, if the player can kill it before it gets away, the player has another % chance of having a legendary/set item drop. (maybe each can be 10% as an arbitrary number and the time before the mob gets away is shorter than a normal goblin).
12/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Grimiku
special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive)

Like you said special events are what create special moments... you guy are in dire need to implement new random farming events... Make it more of a refreshing experience when we farm.
just add random generated dungeons.. (sry my english :) and place at the end of them giant combo of mobs boss with new design model and habilites ... example the new uber boss... awsome fights best of my life... I would just hope i could find other items making them... right now uber boss are great but need to be easier to acces ... farming keys and the risk of not finding organs make it no fun if its less then 10 because of the fail risk and long key machinefarming... so make an event to find random legendary but only of the best items tier... like no frost burn at least or gladiator glove haha : )

right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere

And that very true... if u ask me holiday events... bah... dosent blen with diablo universe... some people commented on azmo holiday pick that it made them feel sick in there stomac kinda think hahaha......

Anyways you guys need to add more resource in personal for this game... no jokes you guys bring in billions every year... but yes blah blah its a compagny it need to be a maz profit now... but u guys give still great service in terms of dedication to the comunitie and thats why im still here commenting trying to make a differrence... anyways...

We need ideas to make more cash for blizzard... so they can invest more in patch and updates and mosly new content and mechanics... also some new spells would do a very long way :D

Like that model of the new interface on the diablo 3 in game menu... there a suggestion to keep a small window for adds... in ah or in game we wouldent see it soo if blizz can cash on that to get new staff on the game making new in game stuff why not !
Speaking very candidly here

Why everyone so mad about the response? He already said he was speaking very candidly.
Make 1 of those fat Golgors dressed like Santa Clause, and upon death he drops like 3 resplendant chests worth of loot. He could even have like 5 fallen arond him dressed like elves with a frozen affix.

Or a Fallen Overlord as the Grinch.

Or shrink down the size of the Savage Beast, give them the names of all the riendeer( Vixen, Prancer, Rudolf, ect), spread them through out Act 1. And if you can find them and kill them all, the Golgor Santa appears then well look at my 1st sentence.

I could come up with ideas all day like this. :D
As much as I'd love to hope fore holiday events, they need to finish the game first.
I never did all the holiday garbage on wow. that stuff is trash. spend your time doing something more use full like adding content to act 4 and increasing the monster density in act 1,2, and 4. stop wasting our time with this bs. no one likes the holiday stuff, its for babys. I want them to take the time it takes to develope that and put towards designing a big badass dragon for us to kill. i want a dragon. yes a freaking dragon Cmon blizard! u can do it!
I like some of these ideas a lot so I combined a few.

10% chance to spawn a goblin in a santa hat.

Said Goblin has 10% chance to drop a "Gift Box" once 5 stacked or 2% per stack.

"Unwrap"(ID) said "Gift Box" to get your very own "Santa's Hat" legendary.

Make the "Santa Hat" a lvl 17 socketed hat with a cool feature(Not an OP feature) for low lvl chars. Some ideas:

1. 10% chance to "Entangle" up to 3 enemies with chritmas lights.
2. 10% chance to spawn a wave of Zombie Reindeer
3. Make it proc a "snowball" similar to hell fire ring fireball with a chance to freeze
4. "Cannot be Frozen" affix with bad enough stats to make it not worth using in high lvls
5. 3% chance to summon a snowball throwing "elf" fetish to fight for you for 30 seconds on kill.
How about placing a christmas tree in tristram?
what do you developers do all day? Did they launch the game then keep like 1 person on code writing duty?

For god sakes theres games with alot less people that play that come out with more content at a faster more rapid pace.

How long can it possibly take to get PVP going? Especially since it was supposed to be one of the core elements of the game.

good god!
Anybody who uses the lame argument 'this isn't wow don't include anything that is remotely similar' is just crushing any sort of creativity. D3 should have events or bonuses. Why? It makes the community happy and shows a company that cares about them.

Anyone that says that always makes me think of the line in south park "Simpsons did it!" Anyone else feel the same way? lol
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

Cool story I will have to use this excuse for being lazy when my g/f asks me to help with the dishes.

g/f "can you help do the dishes?"
me "No sorry I think my time would be better spent watching this game of football on TV"
g/f "Well that's a totally lame excuse and not going to cut it"
me "No I think washing dishes tends to work better in a persistent world such as where women do the dishes and men watch sport"

Blizzard do you think I am totally retarded? Simply you are too f**king lazy to make content because you aren't being paid for it? Which is strange because GW2 seem to be doing just fine releasing holiday content and working on the next expansion with no monthly sub.
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

just wanted to chime in with my appreciation. Nothing strikes me as more wasteful than these types of holiday events in games, the resources could always be spent in a better fashion.

if people need some holiday cheer they could always... you know... go outside.
12/19/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Highlulu
just wanted to chime in with my appreciation. Nothing strikes me as more wasteful than these types of holiday events in games, the resources could always be spent in a better fashion.

Now the problem is that adding in holiday events adds some fun into the game that wasn't there before, and I play games for fun so its time well spent. Holiday events are usually crudely put together and don't require much resource. I mean adding a santa hat onto some undead and a few christmas trees around the game is hardly pushing the boundaries of computer design is it?

Just MORE random events. Especially one's like the Jar of Souls. sure it's every simple, but it's great fun. Events that feel more like an achievement or score attack. Every time I play Jar of Souls, I wish it would last a few more minutes.

I would also like to see purely random, non-storyline related dungeons. Something like what Torchlight 1 tried to do with it's infinite dungeon, but better....
You get what you paid for, a game that you have played for many hours. Why is that not enough?

Why should you get free updates/events? Care to explain?

Because pretty much every other gaming company does
12/19/2012 02:09 PMPosted by OldSk00ler

Now the problem is that adding in holiday events adds some fun into the game that wasn't there before, and I play games for fun so its time well spent. Holiday events are usually crudely put together and don't require much resource. I mean adding a santa hat onto some undead and a few christmas trees around the game is hardly pushing the boundaries of computer design is it?

oh, something small like that doesn't even strike me as a holiday event, holiday events i'm used to from games come with new special enemies, usually a mini-game, large amounts of reskins, new music ETC.

if all we are talking is a santa hat on a goblin...
You get what you paid for, a game that you have played for many hours. Why is that not enough?

Why should you get free updates/events? Care to explain?

Because pretty much every other gaming company does

Well adding holiday events that don't look cheap or out of place would take a lot of work. This isn't just a new weapon model or mulitplayer map. If they are going to spend lots of time on new content, I would rather it be replayble all the time, not just some Santa hat I see once a year.
I thought that because the game was online only that it would be more MMO-ARPG and maybe they should look into going that direction. Make it one big map that can be explored. Add all the classes from the first two games. Put enough players on each server so that it is not bogged down and let people do raids. Diablo 3 is not WoW but they are made by the same company. Because Wow is fun and expensive, Diablo 3 should be cheap and boring? I couldn't agree less they should both be fun even if one is more expensive, they both make money don't they. Not only that it was hinted that people that play Diablo 3 would be able to make money and pay for Wow game time and buy Blizzard products, or put some cash back in their wallet. I have not been able to sell items in RMAH, even if they underpriced. I do however respect that Diablo 3 is not gonna have holiday events as long as PVP is top priority.