Why we don't get any events ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
Collect the mats for the "secret" level, collect the presents, fight holiday themed uber something? get a gift from some kind of Sanctuary santa figure? Perhaps a legendary ring to go along with the Hellfire ring. I unno, seems like something that could be legit.
12/18/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Clyde
how about just giving Goblin a Xmax hat? :P
#

This. Hahaha :D
small grafics do more than enough for christmas. this is not wow :)
Old Tristam are a bunch of Atheists!...Blizzard you guy are lazy and suck! a tree, a menorah and a new red/green white hatted goblin wouldn't be that much to ask seeing as you all Fail at making a simple PVP yes its so simple POE will have PVP at launch and they get paid 25% of your salaries...rant over but yeah you guys suck Happy Holidays
12/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Grimiku
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

People just want more content. Why is that hard for you to grasp? We paid for a game that is still unfinished and abysmally short. An extra level, some PvP. People are bored. You know this.

Holiday events, PvP, 4 more levels. We will get this I bet. But it's gonna have the word expansion attached to it.
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

to make this game more fun, i suggest a transmog feature. my character looks really mismatched and doesnt resemble a fearsome barbarian at all. i posted a thread about it but it became locked
Reading all this junk is depressing, we all want a better game but be for real think about how long this game took to make, any improvements they do make are gonna take a long long loooong time, this is the one thing we can be certain of with these folks.
where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III

Storyline? Act3 rinse and repeat. Bloody short story....
This isn't an MMO, seriously. Anyone who might complain about what Grim said can just remember that and not complain. It's an idea, but not one that makes sense outside an MMO.
we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

Dress up the Goblins like Elfs. When you hit the goblins the sound of Bells would ring(X mas bells if you will) instead of the sound of gold, or whatever the current sound is to be exact.

I think that would be fun, little things like that. ^-^
I don't think that Diablo III is the sort of game that should have holiday events. For one, the tone is really not appropriate. For another, I have enough games that do special limited time things during holidays that I don't want any more incentive to ignore family and friends during holidays because "I can't get this hat unless I play RIGHT NOW".
Personally, holiday events are not necessary but better than none.

Are you serious?

How hard is it to put Santa hats on Fallen Maniacs?
Uh uh... .We dont have time to make this game better
they give you an event its call mp and you can adjust the level
In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

What might be fun:

1. Remove the need to identify rares and legendaries;
2. Give an option to completely hide blue, white, and gray gear drops.

Seriously, why do you keep these in the game? Do you guys enjoy wasting time in identifying items? Do you love picking up trash and/or misclicking them when you intend to attack monsters?
they want events in diablo? its not exactly set in our universe

If this game had PvP, you could put holiday decorations in the arenas, and give out special temporary Holiday items for arena victories like "Candycane of Valor" - gives a stack of NV when consumed, etc.

But you guys don't have PvP.