Video card to run Diablo III

Technical Support
I just installed Diablo III on my computer, its a Compaq CQ5110y ,
AM Athlon 7550 dual core 2.50 ghz processor
3 gb ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE n force 430 Graphics Card

The graphics card won't run the game. Im wondering what is a relatively lower cost card that would be compatible with this computer that will run the game ?

Thanks
If you edit your d3prefs file you can play the game with this card. The file is located here.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Diablo III

Once Opened change the following line
HardwareClass "X"

X being whatever the default number is to 1.

This basically allows the game to read lower end cards. When the game starts it will say the card is unsupported. Hit escape and the game should load. You may also need to tweak that file a bit to get a smooth gameplay experience. For more information about this google d3prefs performance tweaks.
Thanks bwest86. Ill give it a shot and let you know. Would be nice not to have to buy a new card and got thru installing it right now...
deleted
Alright , so when I was able to launch the game and then after it stopped working the d3perfs.txt file was created. I tweaked the file so the game would launch and run . Created a character and played for about five minutes ( killed one zombie ) while experimenting with the visuals settings. It was either very grainy and a little choppy or not so grainy and horribly choppy and slow. Then it crashed.

So needing a new video card seems like the gig. Ive spent too much time figuring this out this morning... So back to square one , with the specs for the desktop that im running ( first post) what would be a compatible graphics card that wouldn't require upgrading the power source? ( Im on a relatively limited budget here ! ) Never changed out a graphics card so im looking forward to that adventure. (kinda)

Should I just give up and return the game till I can afford to get a new computer, or is it possible to get a card that will be compatible that is within the 100 to 170 dollar range?
Anyone? Halp !
budget?
after I tweaked D3pref I got graphics error saying click retry but no go. Can anybody help?
Im trying to play on a Eee pc
Yoshi88,

12/27/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Yoshi88
Im trying to play on a Eee pc

You're not going to be able to, the Eee PC is well below the minimum requirements.
Juice,

Your listed computer has a 300 watt power supply. You will have a hard time finding any of the newer graphics solutions to work considering most require a minimum of 400 watts and higher to operate properly.

Try to find something that fits within the wattage parameters of your psu when researching for a purchase. The requirements are usually listed in the specifications or on the manufacturers website for any given graphics card. Good luck!
Juice,

Your listed computer has a 300 watt power supply. You will have a hard time finding any of the newer graphics solutions to work considering most require a minimum of 400 watts and higher to operate properly.

Try to find something that fits within the wattage parameters of your psu when researching for a purchase. The requirements are usually listed in the specifications or on the manufacturers website for any given graphics card. Good luck!

the power supply is a standard ATX power supply which can be easily replaced; how much do you want to spend on this?