Is Torchlight II any good and worth playing?

Games & Technology
Any help would be appreciated.
Well, the Steam Holiday sale will be starting on December 20th, and I am sure Torchlight 2 will go on sale. Wait for either a Daily Deal or a Flash Deal for it on Steam (it'll be around $5) and check it out yourself. Can't go wrong for five bucks.
looks pretty dumb, honestly.
Yes, imo the itemisation is the best in any arpg to date.

Items with the level 40 can be uselfull at level 60 too.

The pacing is great, grafix are cartooney and everyone has to decide for themselves if he likes them.

But the challenge (greater then diablo even at 1.1 patch imo from the beginning (depending on your difficulty setting) makes it a fullfilling experience with the best bossfights in an arpg ever, there is no doubt. ( so great i cant believe it, every boss is at the level of belials greatness)

The combat isnt maybe as great as diablos, and the story (even though diablo 3 story is bullcrap) isnt as well presented.

But the endless possebileties of builds and gear, mixed with the lategame maps you have imo the best arpg since diablo 2
It looks childish
Yes, imo the itemisation is the best in any arpg to date.

Items with the level 40 can be uselfull at level 60 too.

The pacing is great, grafix are cartooney and everyone has to decide for themselves if he likes them.

But the challenge (greater then diablo even at 1.1 patch imo from the beginning (depending on your difficulty setting) makes it a fullfilling experience with the best bossfights in an arpg ever, there is no doubt. ( so great i cant believe it, every boss is at the level of belials greatness)

The combat isnt maybe as great as diablos, and the story (even though diablo 3 story is bullcrap) isnt as well presented.

But the endless possebileties of builds and gear, mixed with the lategame maps you have imo the best arpg since diablo 2

Level 40 items being useful at 60.... that's not good... that means the game is not scaled in difficulty and pretty bad for an ARPG actually....
well the itemization is better, but after playing it for awhile I got bored and come back to D3. D3 has a much better combat system and graphic wise (TL2's design is very cartoon-ish)
12/18/2012 07:48 AMPosted by stranger
It looks childish

U can download torchlight 2 remastered and use darkd3, it will look more mature than d3 :)

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trO-qfsHKRw thats how it looks with these mods
Wrong site bro.
It's a fun game. I didn't think I'd like it, based off of my experiences with the first game.

I don't really like the skills and how it is setup though, so the game doesn't have a lot of longevity for me. It feels like a waste taking more than one, maybe two abilities that aren't a buff or passive, so reality is it isn't much different than D3 in this area.
Torchlight 2 is straight amazing. The graphics look cartoonish but other than that gameplay, customization, and itemization are just way better.
12/18/2012 07:52 AMPosted by l00ck
It looks childish

U can download torchlight 2 remastered and use darkd3, it will look more mature than d3 :)

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trO-qfsHKRw thats how it looks with these mods

Whenever I see these visually altered versions of games, they always look worse to me. The games are designed to look the way they do, and when people change that just by altering the colors and lightning, the flaws of the design tend to show. Basically, the game starts to look more like a game from 10 years ago.
Level 40 items being useful at 60.... that's not good... that means the game is not scaled in difficulty and pretty bad for an ARPG actually....
No, that IS good. That's because TL2 items can be customized further than when you find the item. You're simply stuck in a mentality of D3 where items are crap and are so useless that you need to find an upgrade after just a level or two.
Whenever I see these visually altered versions of games, they always look worse to me.
That example was horrible but I saw DarkD3 a few days ago and it's actually an improvement.
It's the real Diablo 3 if you ask me.
TL 2 is an amazing game man, go play it, you wont be sorry!
Personally, I tried the demo after the letdown I got from Diablo III after ~350 hours spent only on my main (Monk) and maybe another 100 on others together, I don't remember.

I'd say no, and I wouldn't buy it. Not for it's full price at least. I don't know what, the animations, the world or the feeling when I play, but something I really wrong with that. It's like... everything is plastic and you slide on the ground with a slim background. Somehow it feels bad to play it even after the first few minutes. Maybe that's only me, I don't want to prevent anybody from supporting other dev teams just because we are on a forum dedicated to one, but I just can't play T2, it literally hurts. edit: Still worth a try because it will definitly be on sale on Steam, and the full price is really low compared to others aswell.
It's alright, then you beat it and you're done unless you want to grind it all over again. Sorta like D3 in that respect. I liked the map buying system.
looks more cartoony than WoW...if thats even possible.