Hardest HC class

Hardcore
I havn't played d3 in months.

I was looking at some of the changes and I've been thinking about coming back. I know the game isn't perfect but I've always enjoyed HC mode.

given all the changes what is the hardest class in HC mode atm? Last i played it was DHs.
Dh's are kind of a pain leveling, but hit 60 with proper ls/loh and skilling and you cant die. Same for monks. Barbs are OP as f... right now, WD is a safe class, I'd say wiz would be a challenge
IDK if DHs are the "hardest". What they are is most punishing to laziness or inactivity. I guess that's why they have their reputation. However, to an attentive player that knows what he/she is doing, DHs are really easy, because you can always avoid hard damage.

I don't have the experience to say, but I think Baphomet is right. Wizard might be the hardest one.
hmm wizard huh? did they catch a nerf or something? i remember them doing really well in HC
I have a fair grasp of classes in HC, while DH is really hard in the early going, once it is set up it is really good, my vote for hardest overall goes to wizard, they definantly are fun though bug compared to WD, they are behind in the HC department. WD is just a lot more HC friendly and wiz has a lot to fill. Not to put down wiz's though, good wiz's do exist on playing, it wasn't world first HC 100 wiz without a reason.
12/26/2012 03:58 AMPosted by Amazing
hmm wizard huh? did they catch a nerf or something? i remember them doing really well in HC

Really, it's more that the other classes were buffed a lot more than the wizard.

But yes, the wizard took a huge hit to Energy Armor, both the base skill, and the Prismatic rune.
Barbarians are far from OP.
I've seen all characters do pretty well in Hardcore.
Some do poorly because they don't have the gear!
thanks guys.
Wiz it is.
12/26/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Baphomet
Dh's are kind of a pain leveling, but hit 60 with proper ls/loh and skilling and you cant die. Same for monks. Barbs are OP as f... right now, WD is a safe class, I'd say wiz would be a challenge

As my buddy wom would say, this is a very autistic post. Please, go run a solo a2mp3 key run and disconnect against an elite pack and see if you "can't die" with any class, much less a dh. How many HC dh's have reached p100 yet?

edit: only 1 has done it, and the next highest is p80. And 7 of the top 40 are RIP. Hardly unkillable...
Barbarians are far from OP.
Some do poorly because they don't have the gear!

Lol
It's not the class, it's the build.
Its pretty clearly DH over wiz. Wiz escape spells are about cooldown management meaning you can easily see when you're in trouble and when you will have your escape stuff ready. DH relies on resource escapes that are not as easy to predict when they're available and can easily be not ready when you really need them.
Wiz and its not even close(for me).
The hardest class is the one you are completely unfamiliar with. You don't know what constitutes "getting hit too hard" what the best builds are for the gear and how to use the skills effectively.

For me, a wizard is the easiest class...

totally agree, i'm familiar with monk/wd.. still learning to play barb & DH.

lol i hate Wiz.. my 3 wiz died around lv54,59.9, lv60.
I vote wiz but it could just be due to my unfamiliarity with them.
My main wiz in sc and my wiz is my only lvl 60 in hc that hasn't cleared inferno yet. Haven't tried dh yet though. Might just be because I'm traumatized from trying to get through inferno back during the first weeks the game came out and running for my life all the time.
12/26/2012 09:31 AMPosted by cozuya
Its pretty clearly DH over wiz. Wiz escape spells are about cooldown management meaning you can easily see when you're in trouble and when you will have your escape stuff ready. DH relies on resource escapes that are not as easy to predict when they're available and can easily be not ready when you really need them.

That's just the thing though... for every class cooldown management, and resource management is very important if your build has great synergy. As an example with a Barb, you can juggle Ignore Pain, Leap, and Ground Stomp between each other, to leave you with only a small window of taking full damage. The rest of your skills should facilitate that management if your build has the synergy.

For a DH, depending on how you play one the discipline pool itself is the cooldown. You use smokescreen? That's a 14 second discipline cost which can mean a 14 sec cooldown, with 1 discipline per sec natural regen. You have to have the discipline to manage that.

It's all in the build. Each class is equipped with what is necessary, it just takes some players to have the guts to find that out. It's not an easy thing to do, because there's quite a bit on the line if you screw up being adventurous.