100k+ DPS? How...

Wizard
I know my gear isn't the greatest, but even finding a set piece wand recently with amazing stats put me up to 30K recently. I am looking at these forums threads wondering how in the hell people are saying 200K+ sheet DPS. Even if I got one fo the 1300 weapons it doesn't seem like it would increase it that much. Going from 790 to 990 only netted me 3K DPS! I have been browsing AH some and even some of the tippy top gear doesn't seem like such and incredible to net me 3-7x more DPS once I put it all together.

I only have 3 million to my name right now, was just wondering what I should be looking for. I want to stay some kind of crit spec.
attack speed
critical chance
critical damage
gems
high int

paragon leveling also helps

for the gold, it really comes down to grinding/farming.

but the problem with 100k and above is the balance issue. i could go up to 300k easily forsaking my vit/armor/all resist but that wouldn't work.
Most of the 200k+ dps people are Archon build wizards that use 42% bonus damage from skills and passives. It's actually not very hard to get to 200k, all it takes is a high dps black 1h with a decent damage Triumvirate, and some supporting gear, like a tal's amulet, zuni boots, andy's visage.

100k dps as a CM wiz will cost a decent amount if you also try to build up defensive stats, which you should.

The gist of it is dps is multiplicative in all forms: Int, Weapon DPS, Crit, Crit Damage, IAS. The more you have of each, the more dps you get from the rest. At your gear level 790 vs 990 dps weapon might not seem like much but in my Archon gear, going from a 1080 dps to 1180 dps weapon will raise my dps by from 202k to around 216k.

For 3 mil I'd try to get enough dps to get an Archon build working (60-100k dps buffed). That would probably require replacing almost all your gear for higher dps versions, getting a Triumvirate, and finding a black 1h with some crit damage on it, or a socket if you have a high crit damage% gem laying around. I've seen some video guides about budget Archon so I'd try searching for those.
It's mainly the intelligence. Look at my profile. My wizard Rukia (Bleach reference) has 3.10 Attack Speed & 51.5% Crit Chance (56.5% with Energy Armor; Pinpoint). I focused buying gear with a budget of 80M-ish, focusing on gaining that attack speed and crit chance. If I had more money I could buy items that also include alot more intelligence, which would boost my sheet dps up by alot (100-150k) although i suspect that it'd cost near 100-200M to upgrade my gear.
I run two specs. A disintegrator/crystal shell build and a Crit mass/Wicked wind build. I swap 3 gear pieces depending on content. Speed xp I run disintegrator. Ubers and keys I run CM/WW. CM/WW I can farm MP10. Disintegrator I can only farm MP5...

The constants are: Sparkflint and force weapon + high crit hit chance, crit hit damage and attack speed. My DPS swings, depending on my build, from 227K to 333K. Don't forget. The scoundrel also adds a little DPS when running solo.

Hint: When buying a source make sure you are looking at "average damage" in your search criteria. My first "Godly" source was actually terrible when compared to others because it had a low average damage. For 2 million I added 7500 DPS by picking up a new, higher "average damage" source...
attack speed
critical chance
critical damage
gems
high int

paragon leveling also helps

for the gold, it really comes down to grinding/farming.

but the problem with 100k and above is the balance issue. i could go up to 300k easily forsaking my vit/armor/all resist but that wouldn't work.

+1
1st, you need to up your Crit Chance. You can't get away from that.

You don't need perfect, but if an items max is say 6%, then go for 4.5-5% which will make it more affordable.

In your build, you are going to have to find some serious Crit Damage somewhere.

LoH on the wand is probably not the way to go, as you can't have a socket and LoH on a Chantos, and you can get LoH else where, but you can't get big CD cheaply other than a socket on the weapon. Most items with CD over 30% the price just goes boom, and so does your budget or bank balance, where as 1 socket on weapon can provide 100% CD pretty cheap.

Check set bonuses. The Chantos Force provides +130int and damage reduce to elites, which are usually the only thing that ought to bother you.

2 x Any Natalyas set items is great because you can sacrifice CC on 1 ring and still get 7% CC with set bonus. Use that ring to up IAS and CHD, which will be cheaper than trying find a trifecta (CC/IAS/CHD)

Try to keep your APoC where it is or make it better, you need it.

More Vit, All resist, Armor and LoH are all necessary

Unfortunately, with your budget it is going to be difficult.

Leave your gloves and braces alone.

P.S. Ignore my build currently, Ive got bits on for MP1 Para Farming.
Thanks for the advice. One thing to note though, I didn't buy most of my gear. Almost everything I have found myself from farming. So like saying I should have went with not LoH weapon is weird cause I found my current weapon. Most of my money I spent on gearing my Barbar which was a huge mistake lol. I also haven't sold many items. Very bad luck there.
umm use the AH, I spent about 4 mil on this gear for my wizard that hit 60 last night. granted I found some of the gear but not even being fully upgraded im over 68K+ DPS and 265k+ EHP. Not bad imo for spending all of 4 mil. Ignore the build I've been just messing around with skills/runes to check them out. oh and the skorn, I got it for like 150K on the AH... dirt cheap. There are a TON on there like it that haven't been selling.
With 6k elite kills and 30k dps you shouldn't be worrying about such things. Focus on APS/CC and go from there. Without a lot of CD you'll need a ton of APS and adds damage. I might have one of the highest unbuffed sheet DPS for only having 100% CD (just belt) of any wizard and that's because of my CC / APS and adds damage. My int is okay but I don't focus on it much vs mitigations and APS/CC
Update! I am now at 56K with better armor after some lucky finds and buying off the AH after selling a set bow for 40M. Thanks for the advice Master J. My gear isn't the best, but I think I have the right direction in mind. Also I got my chest peice for only 1M because of a bid at 2 seconds til it ended haha.
Some legendary also comes with +elementary damage and it can really increase your damage if your weapon is black weapon and that black weapon has really high dps. But really people have +200k dps because they farmed and got good gears from ah.