SnB Q&A Part 2

Barbarian
1 2 3 26 Next
Original link here : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200084300?page=1 - The thread was full
When does Tough as Nails > Superstition?
Hi fellow S&B's! Been playing since beginning as casual player and read the OP. I was wondering if anyone can take a moment to look at my char and see what i am missing. I think my gear is ok and needs improvement, but i do not have much gold. Since my gold is low, maybe there is something I am missing with my skills and passives? Is there anything you wold change based on my gear\stats? I would like ot kill things quicker without giving up too much EHP. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advanced! Any obvious gear issues?

EDIT- added direct link to profile.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kuaddar-1672/hero/18456920

Thanks!
~Kuaddar

Kuaddar,

Thing I noticed that needs to most work in your wep. Try to get one with either higher dps and/or some CD on it. I would even be afraid of going down in DPS slightly if you can get more CD on it. I would suggest a sword here as well.

So top 3 -

Wep

Ammy - try to get one with crit chance

Ring - try to get a hellfire in cc on it, it will come.

Shield - try to get one with high block and all resistance on it. Your does have great stats on it though. Wish stormshields could go that high.

Another thing i noticed with your build - You need to have battle rage in there. If your not running HOTA (look that build up), then you have run maurders rage rune over into the fray and get more dps. I would swap out ignore pain and place battle right rage in that slot.
12/30/2012 11:09 AMPosted by xxxkan
When does Tough as Nails > Superstition?

I personally feel once your AR is above 600 tough as nails is the way to go. It is currently what I use. Plus, the added armor helps you in all situations, not just against elemental damages.
just wanted to say hi. always went snb hota for ubers and key farming and ik5 for mp0 runs.

recently dropped some gold i saved up on gloves and sword and bought a 27% leorics for fun...now im broke again...

i find that im much more squishy now than running with gloves with AR and an axe. any ideas why that is?

my hp seems ok...and res seem ok on paper....

gold permitting my next upgrades will be...
1. iceclimbers with vit
2. better ss with 9+ crit and 29+ block
3. crit lacuni
just wanted to say hi. always went snb hota for ubers and key farming and ik5 for mp0 runs.

recently dropped some gold i saved up on gloves and sword and bought a 27% leorics for fun...now im broke again...

i find that im much more squishy now than running with gloves with AR and an axe. any ideas why that is?

1. iceclimbers with vit
3. crit lacuni

same thing happened to me. Use sword increase dps to 138k and fast atk speed but squishy. Changed back to lower dps axe with LS then all ok. seems need more CC and LS. I might be wrong though
^^

I had an EF with LS back then before I switched to a sword. I am now using bloodthirst, and still good so far. With your IK belts I think there shouldn't be any problem. Probably you just need to increase your DPS and CD to get more out of the 3.0% LS every time you HOTA.

I feel that Rend [bloodlust] is "almost always" a requirement if you want to stand on desecs, poison, molten, etc. Or are you guys WW SnBs?
Thanks mate for creating the new thread. Happy New Year to All!!!
@Baller, Thats a great service you providing to S&B community. Well done man!

I had posted in the original thread for my barb improvements, didn't got any response.

I am currently farming MP6 without any issues with my current HOTA build. I have budget around 70M. Need advice on further improvements to my barb in terms of MS & DPS.

Please advice on which item I need to specifically target for this mentioned budget. I would like to target MP7 with better farming efficiency.

Thanks for all the inputs & help!
^WOW @ BALLER's hf ring.

@cvvikram

For MS, it's a bit tricky. The cheapest you could get prolly is a 50+AR, 4.5CC, 9AS lacunis with a 70 mil budget. Looking at your current bracers, the said lacunis will up your DPS, will give your desired MS, you will gain additional resists; however, you will lose HP in the process, unless you're lucky to find something with vit as well.

Reference: I have a 55AR, 9AS, 4.5cc lacunis that I bought for 70mil 2 months ago. So you may find something even better. I use it for farming/ paragon grinding.

11-12% MS climbers with good STR and vit are not cheap.

Another option is to get a vit Inna pants (since your pants right now doesn't have any AR anyway) although the godly barbs here advised me not to get them. They're not cheap too.
been struggling on mp6/7 with snb...any experienced person mind showing me in game how they run their build?
12/31/2012 07:30 AMPosted by GoldBanker
been struggling on mp6/7 with snb...any experienced person mind showing me in game how they run their build?

hey buddy, most of us are running with S&B/HOTA Build. It's fun and viable in higher MP as well. you need to have at least 100k RAW DPS (w/o passives) and decent EHP and life sustain...
BTW....sorry to anybody who has tried to ask me for help over the last couple of weeks. I have not been playing much since I have had a lot of family staying with us and my office has become a guest room. Thus, making it very hard to get much play time. I have been on the forums and what not via my phone but have not had much chance to play. I See people passing me left and right on paragon lvl. I havn't budged from 65 in over 2 weeks now. :(
12/31/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Crypter
BTW....sorry to anybody who has tried to ask me for help over the last couple of weeks. I have not been playing much since I have had a lot of family staying with us and my office has become a guest room. Thus, making it very hard to get much play time. I have been on the forums and what not via my phone but have not had much chance to play. I See people passing me left and right on paragon lvl. I havn't budged from 65 in over 2 weeks now. :(

That's ok man! Happy New Year to you and your family!!
I previously ran the standard SnB build that Ender made and it worked fine, no deaths but it was slow. I got bored of just doing the same thing over and over. I am trying to switch things up a bit. What I am doing now is still slow but a little different. I added a few new skills. One that has been bugging me is Ignore Pain. I only use Ignorance is Bliss if I am stuck in a pool of fire or plaques so I have been thinking of putting something else in its place. I am thinking of trying HOTA.

Any suggestions for skills I should look into or upgrades I should look to get would be appreciated. I know I have to look into a decent stormshield. Perhaps better jewelry has well.
I previously ran the standard SnB build that Ender made and it worked fine, no deaths but it was slow. I got bored of just doing the same thing over and over. I am trying to switch things up a bit. What I am doing now is still slow but a little different. I added a few new skills. One that has been bugging me is Ignore Pain. I only use Ignorance is Bliss if I am stuck in a pool of fire or plaques so I have been thinking of putting something else in its place. I am thinking of trying HOTA.

Any suggestions for skills I should look into or upgrades I should look to get would be appreciated. I know I have to look into a decent stormshield. Perhaps better jewelry has well.

hey man, before we make some advice, can you let me know what mp level are you comfortable playing at?
Any suggestions for my barb from you guru's? Yes, I know I need a better weapon with CD but they are so freaking expensive and I keep hoping that one will drop for me.

My profile is showing WOTB but I usually have HoTA in that slot. So any build advice is also very welcome.

1. iceclimbers with vit
3. crit lacuni

Are you using tough as nails as one of you passives? I feel maybe you should use this instead of bloodthirst, as your mitigation may need more help with the reflect. Once your dps raises, you may be able to switch back to using bloodthirst.

I also noticed your hp is pretty low for a SnB, i feel it is almost mandatory to have around 50k for these type of builds, as you are going to be standing in more damage than other types of builds.

You may be able to drop the tri gloves and grabs a pair with just cc/cd and higher strength/vit and maybe even AR on them if you are lucky. Higher strength = higher armor, so high strength is important in this build and is important to not neglect it and favor other dps boosters such as ais, avd dmg, ect.

Also i noticed your follower's ring may be a better suit for you right now to help with the reflect issues you are having, its got some nice AR on there. I feel you AR is "okay" but another piece with 60+ would certainly help.

So.... try out the tough as nails and let me know what you think.
@Baller, Thats a great service you providing to S&B community. Well done man!

I had posted in the original thread for my barb improvements, didn't got any response.

I am currently farming MP6 without any issues with my current HOTA build. I have budget around 70M. Need advice on further improvements to my barb in terms of MS & DPS.

Please advice on which item I need to specifically target for this mentioned budget. I would like to target MP7 with better farming efficiency.

Thanks for all the inputs & help!

Yeah definetly get some Lacuni's, its an option that is within your budget. Your dps should increase from them as well, try to get the 9 ais ones. Your AR looks fine, so you may want to skip AR on the lacunis and focus on getting more dps out of them. Been a while since I looked at lacunis, but you should be able to get some cc/strength ones that are within your budget. Dont feel you have to get the 6 CC ones, they can be a little pricey compared to say the 5 CC ones and your DPS doesnt take a huge hit from it.

I feel 24 MS is really cool (I dont even have it, 21 only :( ) , but you should be more than fine running with 12 MS. It will allow for faster farming and better in combat.... i.e running out of frozen, ect.

That would be my next upgrade if I was you, would be to get a nice pair of lacunis.

hey man, before we make some advice, can you let me know what mp level are you comfortable playing at?

I am most comfortable at 4, everything up to act III is easy. I am currently trying out MP 5 and it isn't much different, elites just take more time to bring down.