SnB Q&A Part 2

Barbarian
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
well after playing some pvp the last couple days I am concluding that PVP as it exists today is terribly implemented and not worth it IMO. They need some major dmg nerfs and balancing in the PVP arena and maybe implement some diminshing returns on CC effects.

Right now it is very boring. Plus, with no scoring of any kind and such quick deaths it is just dumb... also maybe some group play so it's not just a FFA.

haha agree with that, still lack of content and not balanced. Yeah let's give them one example

(Both on WOTB Insanity)
1. Nike HOTA's Cryp
2. Cryp REND's Nike
3. Nike Dead
4. Cryp Dead

Some tip, Juggernaut and/or Relentless are really effective if you are duelling a fellow S&B
even if you have all the EHP in the world, it's just 2 or 3 HOTA away (WOTB Insanity) from being dead LOL

Unforgiving is a MUST
damn man we miss you! haha of course you are very welcome here, but dont forget you are still an S&B barb and not some weird voodoo guy! LOLL

haha, of course lol...

when the time comes, and team deathmatch or whatever it will be called arrives, i volunteer my services to you S&B barbs. You will need someone in your party who has the stuns, snares etc so you can leap in and pound them.

Trust me, it is very easy to kill someone when they have been turned into a piggy
damn man we miss you! haha of course you are very welcome here, but dont forget you are still an S&B barb and not some weird voodoo guy! LOLL

haha, of course lol...

when the time comes, and team deathmatch or whatever it will be called arrives, i volunteer my services to you S&B barbs. You will need someone in your party who has the stuns, snares etc so you can leap in and pound them.

Trust me, it is very easy to kill someone when they have been turned into a piggy

Alright man, nice catching up with you, lets play together sometime, just dont make my barb into a pig ok? LOL
well after playing some pvp the last couple days I am concluding that PVP as it exists today is terribly implemented and not worth it IMO. They need some major dmg nerfs and balancing in the PVP arena and maybe implement some diminshing returns on CC effects.

Right now it is very boring. Plus, with no scoring of any kind and such quick deaths it is just dumb... also maybe some group play so it's not just a FFA.

haha agree with that, still lack of content and not balanced. Yeah let's give them one example

(Both on WOTB Insanity)
1. Nike HOTA's Cryp
2. Cryp REND's Nike
3. Nike Dead
4. Cryp Dead

Some tip, Juggernaut and/or Relentless are really effective if you are duelling a fellow S&B
even if you have all the EHP in the world, it's just 2 or 3 HOTA away (WOTB Insanity) from being dead LOL

Unforgiving is a MUST

yea it sucks that we have to use a passive slot for something that should already be on our barbs by deafult in pvp... We should start with either full fury or with positive fury regen by default.

(Both on WOTB Insanity)
1. Nike HOTA's Cryp
2. Cryp REND's Nike
3. Nike Dead
4. Cryp Dead

Unforgiving is a MUST

yea it sucks that we have to use a passive slot for something that should already be on our barbs by deafult in pvp... We should start with either full fury or with positive fury regen by default.

yeah, we don't have slot for weapon mastery anymore, sadly. unless fighting a noob.
I think for barb, the juggernaut passive is also required...which leaves one slot open which i would use tough as nails or relentless

You would lose some dps, but your survivability is increased.

As far as PvP build goes, i've seen the "Yolo" build in the other thread, but i think this one is more suited for s&b:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aicQUP!hVT!acbbbY
@powpowboom- yeahh i agree with that man, this is where balance and real "un-buffed" DPS comes in meaning no offensive passives at all.

However i still find ruthless very useful especially for Rend/Lacerate, we cannot see that it "Crits" but when it "Crits" it will basically melt your opponent so even if he tries to port in town, he will die bleeding in town.

This leaves me to 2 mandatory slots, Ruthless and Unforgiving, the remaining 1 slot will be either Juggernaut or Relentless. Check your oppoent's skill, if he has CC effect (fear, stun, knockback etc)then use Juggernaut, if it's none then use Relentless for slugfest!
ya bro...you could definitely adapt depending on the opponent. And if you guys haven't already, i'd start buying rings, ammy's whatever else that has minus crowd control % on them. You'll need those against WD's

It is impossible to attack when a barb is perma snared, stunned or turned into a defenseless pig.

Another skill that might be good when fury is high is Leap/w stun rune...but only attack when you have full fury. Then pop crushing advance or ignore pain, perma stun the opponent with clobber and kill him
Also, PVP works differently as far as weapons are concerned. My mainhand has 3% LS...but LS is completely useless in a PvP duel. LS is more for farming

So you want the highest possible dps black dmg weapon available without LS or LOH

instead of LS, start stacking life regen and vit
I Agree with that man, - just a though it looks like Witching Hour may increase it's value for PVP reasons... unless if you are a throwbarb using ik belt of throw fury reductions.
Is Lifesteal non-functional in PVP or just not noticeable because of how much damage is being done to you? That's a big difference.

If they put a zone-wide damage debuff in, life steal might become effective again, although it will depend because while incoming damage would be reduced, your own output is reduced as well. Life on Hit would benefit from a large zone-wide damage debuff, however.
@fabby or should I say powpow ;)
welcome back man, made it back right on time for PVP an owing everyone .... wish you did it as a SnB Barb though = P
Is Lifesteal non-functional in PVP or just not noticeable because of how much damage is being done to you? That's a big difference.

If they put a zone-wide damage debuff in, life steal might become effective again, although it will depend because while incoming damage would be reduced, your own output is reduced as well. Life on Hit would benefit from a large zone-wide damage debuff, however.

LS does work but the problem is it's not enough to sustain you and keep you alive. The problem with LOH is you need to hit your opponent before you can heal, but the problem is how can you hit someone with extreme dodge capability? before you hit them you will be dead, unless you "REND" them which is one of our killing blows.

I find Life Regen more viable than LS and LOH.
How is block working in pvp? Is it only blocking the 4k it says on shield even though people are doing upwards of 100k on a crit?
01/16/2013 09:39 AMPosted by FriendlyFade
How is block working in pvp? Is it only blocking the 4k it says on shield even though people are doing upwards of 100k on a crit?

Blocking is working man, it works well with dodge. but to my opinion SS block should be enough, i tried 2 JL's and it didn't went well because i lose a massive amount of DPS. and Helm of Command is a NO NO. Go for Mempo.

Blocking in PVP is not the same as block in PVE, e.g. in PVE you can block all day long without dying but in PVP 2 or 3 blocks may save your A$$ in tight situations but you have to kill fast as well so you can't block all day long and expect not to die
nikeboy did you make room for ms on ptr? I was trying out some duels and I really need to get ms
01/16/2013 09:52 AMPosted by FriendlyFade
nikeboy did you make room for ms on ptr? I was trying out some duels and I really need to get ms

i tried it first without ms, and if i need ms i just marathon, and marathon while on WOTB is speed fast.
You guys tried playing PvP on Normal difficulty? LS is nerfed to 20% on Inferno because mobs don't have damage reduction (except reflect maybe) and have millions upon millions of HP. Not sure if they have a different modifier for PvP arena but if on Normal where it's working 100%, it might be better.

Although if you are in CC, LS is still useless but might be useful when you can attack, or have it stack with Rend.

Anyone tried?

Would like to try but need to find the same person and apply the same attack on 2 different difficulties.
Good Afternoon Gentleman.

I decided i want to go S&B and HOTA.. if you top geared barbs could help, what would be some advice.. item wise and "hitting keys in order"

Thanks
Goon
You guys tried playing PvP on Normal difficulty? LS is nerfed to 20% on Inferno because mobs don't have damage reduction (except reflect maybe) and have millions upon millions of HP. Not sure if they have a different modifier for PvP arena but if on Normal where it's working 100%, it might be better.

Although if you are in CC, LS is still useless but might be useful when you can attack, or have it stack with Rend.

Anyone tried?

Would like to try but need to find the same person and apply the same attack on 2 different difficulties.

I havent' tried LS but yeah you are correct with that as i noticed when i use pots on normal it doesnt heal much compared to inferno. Can you test this to confirm?