SnB Q&A Part 2

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
happy new year fellow snb barbs!
So this might be one of the newbiest questions ever, but I cant seem to get a straight answer out of general chat. Some one linked a ring of jordan that had 21% to elites and a question popped into my head. If it adds 21% to elites, cant I just add 21 strength and get 21% damage to everything. If there is some mechanic behind damage to elites that makes it better could someone explain it please.
Oomtree,
21% to elites would be based on your total dps. 100k dps would be 121% dps. 21 str would not give you anything close to that...
Thanks so much Baller! Will take a closer look at HoTA build...might have some follow up questions.. ;)
I still have around a 7 mil budget. Anyone got any tips on where I can add Attack Speed without losing too much crit chance or damage.
Can someone advise me what else can i upgrade my barb with a budget of 80m.
Also can someone see how much ehp i have.
Thks
@Baller
Hey thanks for continuing the thread dude = )
Let me know what I should look at for my next upgrade.. I can do MP6 now … MP10 is doable but take super long … at least I can kill stuff now lol
I think adding cc to my MH ring then upgrade all the gems to stars
Down the road .. higher strength pants, IK belt with higher strength and vit or life%, IK chest with high strength / vit?
I know blackthorne pants and chest might be BIS for us but they just look too dam sexy for my taste … maybe if my barb was female lol
Ohh I have 300K gold to my name right now lol, spent everything on the Mempo and accidently sold my HoC for only 1 mil = (

@ppl who knows powpowboom
He msg me a while back saying he’s going away for a while until pvp

@Delwingoh
EHP Unbuffed: 1,335,201
DPS Unbuffed: 105,190.24
Nice!! = )
New wep! Wish it was a sword tho, oh well i dont plan on using weapon master for pvp anyway.
01/02/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Jook
New wep! Wish it was a sword tho, oh well i dont plan on using weapon master for pvp anyway.

Nice man, btw how much DPS and EHP did you gain/lose when you replaced your old EF?
i lost 1.8k dps gained little over 300k ehp. Afterwards tho i was able to use 3 STR gems effectively to raise my score even higher, before only vit gems worked.
Hey,

As a SnB HC Bard I run ALOT slower than most people. People at higher gear levels only pick up items that have a chance of selling since they are killing and moving so fast that is better to keep up that rate than slow down with yellows that seem pointless.

I.E I pick up all yellows gems tomes and blues IF they are in my way.

Am I better off doing this selective farming or picking up more since I am already moving slow? Not sure if I explained that as well as I could lol.

Also what do we block and what can we dodge? Do you look at raw eHP or eHP plus dodge or eHP with dodge plus block?
Could anyone give me advice on my setup?
i can currently farm mp9 for keys but am not confident i can do mp8 z and siegebreaker.
i have some crit lacunis and IK boots that i swap to for my WW setup
@QHTran
Thks for the help:)

Btw, anyone can advise me what to upgrade with only 80m??
EDIT; double post
Been following part1 and now part2 of this thread. Took about 2 weeks to revive my barb since v1.0.0. Loving SNB! Even my monk is snb too!
@Delwingoh - Using nat ring without set bonus is just a waste. Any decent avg damage trifecta or avg dmg + ch + cc + 100+ str would shoot up your dps by 8k for sure.
@QHTran
Thks for the help:)

Btw, anyone can advise me what to upgrade with only 80m??

I agree with Kalesh, get some rings with CD on them, SnB's need to get as much CD as we can from the gear that allows it. SO look for about 40+ CD on your rings, you can sacrifice some CC on them since you do have 9 CC on your shield. Then you can see about getting some IAS and STR... so to summerize I would look for ring upgrades with the following stat priorities.

CD > CC > STR > IAS after that consider some AR or VIT if you can.

also look at getting at least 80+ CD on your neck too.
Looks like some great advice in this thread.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to most effectively increase my DPS? I'm thinking about trying to get a non-CC Mempo with high STR (~240, depending upon cost). Or should I be looking elsewhere for DPS?

As far as my build is concerned, I've been thinking about swapping out Leap for HOTA. It's hard to give up the safety that Leap gives me, though. I just got a 33% block SS (not in profile yet), so maybe I can safely change out Leap for HOTA. Haven't had a chance to play with the SS yet, so I don't have a good feel for the difference it may make.
Thks guys for the help:)
Hey,

As a SnB HC Bard I run ALOT slower than most people. People at higher gear levels only pick up items that have a chance of selling since they are killing and moving so fast that is better to keep up that rate than slow down with yellows that seem pointless.

I.E I pick up all yellows gems tomes and blues IF they are in my way.

Am I better off doing this selective farming or picking up more since I am already moving slow? Not sure if I explained that as well as I could lol.

Also what do we block and what can we dodge? Do you look at raw eHP or eHP plus dodge or eHP with dodge plus block?

I do the same with my HC barb, all yellows, all gems and all tomes. Everything sells there, so why not, plus rares are usually the BIS on the HC server, due to the lack of legs dropping or amount of them in the AH.

I like to look at the EHP with block and dodge, because that is how you will be in game. The only things you cannot block and dodge are molten, arcane, frozen, poisen, and desacrate. You will need AR and armor to mitgate those types of damages.