SnB Q&A Part 2

Barbarian
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Could anyone give me advice on my setup?
i can currently farm mp9 for keys but am not confident i can do mp8 z and siegebreaker.
i have some crit lacunis and IK boots that i swap to for my WW setup

I think you need to get more CD, I would try to get some on your left ring and glove, then eventually your weapon. I would feel much better if you snagged atleast one more piece with 70+ AR to, a good spot for it could be in your bracers.
Looks like some great advice in this thread.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to most effectively increase my DPS? I'm thinking about trying to get a non-CC Mempo with high STR (~240, depending upon cost). Or should I be looking elsewhere for DPS?

As far as my build is concerned, I've been thinking about swapping out Leap for HOTA. It's hard to give up the safety that Leap gives me, though. I just got a 33% block SS (not in profile yet), so maybe I can safely change out Leap for HOTA. Haven't had a chance to play with the SS yet, so I don't have a good feel for the difference it may make.

yeah swap leap for hota and switch to into the fray battle rage rune, so you can keep fury up for hota.

I think you need another piece of IK gear, not sure on your budget, but I would suggest to grab the IK Helm instead of mempo right now. I am not convinced a non cc memo is the way to go for you right now. The IK Helm will give you a nice 2 set bonus and keep high levels of CC, while increasing your EHP.

The best place to look for DPS will always be rings/ammys though and rngs can be found pretty cheap these days.

But I firmly believe you need a helm with a socket, for either higher HP for ubers and xp for farming.
Hi guys, just wondering on you pro snb barbs in your view what is the minimum acceptable attack speed? I wondering because I personally feel 2aps is my own acceptable speed. I actually changed my rings to what they are now from this

Ring1: 258str 250armour 30crit dmg and socket (50str gem)
Ring2: 9% life 6cc 41crit dmg and socket (50str gem)

Using these 2 rings my attack speed drops to 1.83 and I have 3cc less. The paper doll dps shows I gain only 800dps.

But in combat the reality is my HOTA smashes drop about 100-150k. Of cos the attack speed is slower

So I'm really in a dilemma now on which is a enter set up.
Asking for some help here.

I want to get my barb to 100k dps while keeping my shield intact. What should I upgrade?
I have 25m to spend.
Looks like some great advice in this thread.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to most effectively increase my DPS? I'm thinking about trying to get a non-CC Mempo with high STR (~240, depending upon cost). Or should I be looking elsewhere for DPS?

As far as my build is concerned, I've been thinking about swapping out Leap for HOTA. It's hard to give up the safety that Leap gives me, though. I just got a 33% block SS (not in profile yet), so maybe I can safely change out Leap for HOTA. Haven't had a chance to play with the SS yet, so I don't have a good feel for the difference it may make.

yeah swap leap for hota and switch to into the fray battle rage rune, so you can keep fury up for hota.

I think you need another piece of IK gear, not sure on your budget, but I would suggest to grab the IK Helm instead of mempo right now. I am not convinced a non cc memo is the way to go for you right now. The IK Helm will give you a nice 2 set bonus and keep high levels of CC, while increasing your EHP.

The best place to look for DPS will always be rings/ammys though and rngs can be found pretty cheap these days.

But I firmly believe you need a helm with a socket, for either higher HP for ubers and xp for farming.

Question about Into the Fray rune and HOTA - if I hit multiple enemies with HOTA and crit more than once, does each individual crit give the +15 Fury? Or is it just one chance per HOTA swing? I started trying to use HOTA last night, but always ran out of Fury. Hadn't switched to ITF rune, so I'm sure that'll help.
EDIT: Also, what rune for HOTA would be ideal? I tried Smash, but that didn't seem to hit many monsters at all.

I'm not sure I understand the advice to go IK helm over Mempo. They both have the same Armor range, socket, +life%, and Str roll potential. However, Mempo has 11-20 more AR, even including the IK set bonus, and the DPS calculator says the 8-9% IAS is slightly better for me than the 5-6% CC. This might be due to the fact that I'm top-heavy on CC without enough CD to balance it (unbuffed: 46% CC, 223% CD). The IK does have the 5-6% melee damage reduction, though.
I'm still undecided on which helm to go for...

I upgraded my crit gem from 80% to 90% CD, and my DPS went up by 1748, a ~2.2% increase from just 10% more CD. Between that and my new SS, I'm broke again, so I'll have to wait a while for the new helm anyways.

It's so hard to shop for rings/ammys because there are so many options to consider (min/max dmg, str, CC, CD, IAS, and cost), so I'm trying to focus on the 'easy' slots first.
Asking for some help here.

I want to get my barb to 100k dps while keeping my shield intact. What should I upgrade?
I have 25m to spend.

hey man, to significantly increase your DPS i suggest to save more for a rare mainhand with OS. look for 1K+ DPS with 50% min crit and STR. additional atkspd is also a good bonus.

The secret to a high DPS S&B barb relies mainly on a strong MH. other DPS stats like cd, cc, ias, str all rely on your weapon of choice.
Hi guys, just wondering on you pro snb barbs in your view what is the minimum acceptable attack speed? I wondering because I personally feel 2aps is my own acceptable speed. I actually changed my rings to what they are now from this

Ring1: 258str 250armour 30crit dmg and socket (50str gem)
Ring2: 9% life 6cc 41crit dmg and socket (50str gem)

Using these 2 rings my attack speed drops to 1.83 and I have 3cc less. The paper doll dps shows I gain only 800dps.

But in combat the reality is my HOTA smashes drop about 100-150k. Of cos the attack speed is slower

So I'm really in a dilemma now on which is a enter set up.

hey mate, usually before i upgrade any item i use this dps/ehp calculator http://www.d3rawr.com/c - what you can do is upload your profile twice on column 1 and column 2 and make the changes on column 2. Then you will see a result if you increase or decrease. Also on the lower part you will see other dps stats like crit damage range, normal damage range etc.

also you can set your passive/active skills to see a realistic buffed dps increase in your prospect items.
Hey guys! I need some help...
I keep dying like crazy to MP3 elites, ridiculous, isn't it?
Need advice on upgrade, without sacrificing DPS too much. I also have 3% LS +79AR belt which doesn't help a lot...
Link to my profile:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hamster-2881/hero/5348347
@Hamster - hey man thanks for visiting the US Forums, are you playing as a Dual Wield?, we can give you proper advice if you equip a shield.

anyways can you try to put your LS belt on and use bloodthirst as a passive instead of tough as nails? it will give you 6% LS in total then let me know the result.
Hello, everyone...iv upgraded by barb some but i feel like my dps is still low. If its not to much trouble could someone look at my profile and help me decide where im gonna get more dps?
Some of the better S&B barbs here have damage over 260k and i would like to end up somewhere close to that. If someone could give me some ideas id appreciate it. My budget is around 520m. Thanks.
Get a new MH with crit, slot and str?

Ok, I will do that! Thanks

Question about Into the Fray rune and HOTA - if I hit multiple enemies with HOTA and crit more than once, does each individual crit give the +15 Fury? Or is it just one chance per HOTA swing? I started trying to use HOTA last night, but always ran out of Fury. Hadn't switched to ITF rune, so I'm sure that'll help.
EDIT: Also, what rune for HOTA would be ideal? I tried Smash, but that didn't seem to hit many monsters at all.

I'm not sure I understand the advice to go IK helm over Mempo. They both have the same Armor range, socket, +life%, and Str roll potential. However, Mempo has 11-20 more AR, even including the IK set bonus, and the DPS calculator says the 8-9% IAS is slightly better for me than the 5-6% CC. This might be due to the fact that I'm top-heavy on CC without enough CD to balance it (unbuffed: 46% CC, 223% CD). The IK does have the 5-6% melee damage reduction, though.
I'm still undecided on which helm to go for...

I upgraded my crit gem from 80% to 90% CD, and my DPS went up by 1748, a ~2.2% increase from just 10% more CD. Between that and my new SS, I'm broke again, so I'll have to wait a while for the new helm anyways.

It's so hard to shop for rings/ammys because there are so many options to consider (min/max dmg, str, CC, CD, IAS, and cost), so I'm trying to focus on the 'easy' slots first.

I personally feel the best rune for HOTA is smash, especially against ubers or high mp level key farming and "high" is a relative term, everyones high is different according to ther gear. You will like into tehe fray much better and shouldnt have many issues with running our of fury. This goes with my suggestion of wanting more CC in your helm and going with the IK helm, since I dont think you were talking about getting a CC mempo. The more CC you have, the better chance you have at critting and generating fury. I also think it sets your barb up better, for when you are able to get more CD on your barb, as the dmg increase will be much better. I think you should focus on CC then CD then AIS on top of it all. Thats just me anyways, I think it helps with most of our skills like rend, revenge, frenzy, and hota. I would rather focus on hitting bigger and more frequently (more yellow numbers) before trying to get more ais. Attack speed is very important and you should always be atleast 1.5. but i dont see a need in focusing ais over cc at this point, unless you were to get a mempo like Nike's or Jooks, where the strength and vit is very high. Bottom line, I think you can get a much better IK helm for the same price as a !@#$ty mempo. This goes back to buying items that you wont need to upgrade again or atleast for quite sometime.... dont ever buy bottom line gear and when you are buying an upgrade go broke, its worth it, dont hold back.
Hello, everyone...iv upgraded by barb some but i feel like my dps is still low. If its not to much trouble could someone look at my profile and help me decide where im gonna get more dps?
Some of the better S&B barbs here have damage over 260k and i would like to end up somewhere close to that. If someone could give me some ideas id appreciate it. My budget is around 520m. Thanks.

You can get a very nice ammy with avd dmg, 90+ CD, 8+ CC and strength thats within your budget. After looking at your barb (Very nice btw), you can add a lot of dmg there. I wouldnt be suprised if you went up around 20k+ more with a nicer ammy.

Then after that its the little things like more strength on your belt, little more cc on rings, cc mempo, ect.
Thanks for taking the time, BALLER. I always like to hear your opinion.
how do u yall think well do in duels?
@Jook

Honestly, I feel like I'd get easily pawned by a high-dex (dodge) overawe monk with a shield' even if I switch to an IK belt for LS and use my spare dexterity gear. But then, we'll just have to wait and see. I think you guys (Baller, Crypter, Nike,you and the other godlies) would be almost unkillable.

For some reason, I think LoH would be more valuable than LS in PVP. I'd probably start looking for good skysplitters/azurewraths soon while they're still cheap. Not sure if Azkaranths are cheap as of the moment. I am also intrigued by a Schaefer's. LOL I really don't know until PVP is actually implemented.
Guys how can you LOH someone with extreme dodge capability? LOH will not work if you keep on missing. I would say life regen is the best source for healing in pvp, as well as other skills like inspiring presence, juggernaut etc.
^at Nike

yeah you have a good pt. We can speculate at least 1k hp (or more) regen is great to have. How are barbs going to be able to chase smokescreen/vault/evasive fire demon hunters. Sprint/Leap? DH would be really annoying especially with a spider companion. Dueling would be interesting.
hey nike whatcha think about this spec i logged out in. Im gonna use it to duel other melee. I figure: 3300 lps with insp pres along with my ehp is gud + 30% to heal for 7k thanks to revenge. Ranged/wiz will be a diff story but for monks/barbs i think this is good. Maybe swap out relentless cuz i doubt ill ever get that low ;)
01/05/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Jook
hey nike whatcha think about this spec i logged out in. Im gonna use it to duel other melee. I figure: 3300 lps with insp pres along with my ehp is gud + 30% to heal for 7k thanks to revenge. Ranged/wiz will be a diff story but for monks/barbs i think this is good. Maybe swap out relentless cuz i doubt ill ever get that low ;)

yeah your current spec is cool man for stand up fight against a barb/monk but i would probably change relentless to juggernaut especially if your opponent have stun or fear in their spec to gain additional healing. Also I'd suggest change Impunity with Veteran's Warning to improve dodge capability.

Another shout i would add would be threatening shout with the atkspd nerf for those high DPS low EHP guys.

Nike