gold websites spamming me with friend request

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
How about if we can ignore certain messages that contain the phrases the spammers currently use or might use. If I could ignore a person who types he same message over and over again with the a particular website in the message, I wouldn't need to ignore the same bot that sends out dozen of requests by switching a few letters in the hero's name.
You don't do squat. Step up it up you girls.

That's lady to you that you're talking to and she does her job just fine, doing it right now by communicating with us about the situation and communicating back with them. Show some respect instead of acting hard for no reason at all behind a keyboard. Fail delivery is fail btw as much as up it up is up.
01/02/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it.
Reported for trolling.
01/02/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Amelia
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it.
Reported for trolling.

Reported for reporting an authority figure.
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

That is very difficult to believe when the same person or organization has been spamming me with realID friend invites for several months.
Just like the botters you mentioned, we take reports concerning gold spam very seriously and are continuing to take steps to combat it. As long as you are taking the time to report and block these users, then you are helping us ensure that we’re aware of which players are attempting to abuse the friend request system so that we can investigate them and take action against them.

We’re always looking to improve your online experience, and that includes the reporting system. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

need more ban waves
Easy solution, stop gold for cash sales altogether and eliminate the GAH. Duh.

Replace it with a barter auction house and keep the RMAH for people that want to p2w. Duh.

I use to report them regularly... Reporting as spam. Then about a month ago maybe more, I started to get an error (I forget the error number) message when i attempted to report the "Spam".

I just assumed you Blizzard got tired of people reporting the spam, and I have since stopped reporting. :(

I've been extremely dilligent for both blocking AND reporting clear spammers. Some of these guys would literally friend request me more than 1x a day. This may have been fixed, but in the past, blocking someone from a friend request DOES NOT keep them from spamming friend requests anyway.

I think you guys should take harassment complaints more seriously. A few botters can be particularly...relentless when it comes to spamming friend requests. One or two requests, that's part of the game. Over a dozen?! Over 20?! Ok, that is harassment pure and simple. By proxy, when you guys do not take these harassing complaints seriously and quickly, you are supporting harassing behavior.

Definition from M-W dictionary:
Definition of HARASS

a : exhaust, fatigue
b (1) : to annoy persistently (2) : to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

It seems to be that rather than by banning accounts as they arise, you guys seem to do huge all-at-once bot bans. At least give us a heads up that our complaints are being taken seriously. If there was a way to see our past complaint tickets in-game, you guys could easily add a marker that shows us that at least our complaint has been observed by a human.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the game moving forward, slowly but surely. Thanks.
Block Trial accounts from talking to anyone but Trial accounts. They can't friend request, cant go in general chat and cant message anyone that is not a trial account. I don't even know why a few spammers have my name as I don't log into general chats and do not play in public games as it currently hurts me rather than helps me.

The point of the trial account is to allow someone to play the game to see if the mechanics and the basis are good enough for the individual to want to play. I feel that with D3 the trial account does enough to let the user understand what is needed as the lower lvl skills are no where near as fun as the geared 60 skills.

If you enjoy the game at the lower levels then you will enjoy it at 60. If you dont it's either because of your gear and that takes time or that D3 is not the style of game that you play. Some players like to beat a game and move on and D3 is not geared to be that game.
Report and block...sure. I've blocked so many that I'm getting a block list is full message now. I'm defeated with these stupid gold spam mails.

The fact that we still endure this spam suggests you don't take it seriously enough.

First you state you are continuing to take steps to combat it, then you state we must continue to report the Spam so that you can take action. So are your "steps" thus dependent on us helping you do your work for you?

Sorry, but this is a load of crap, and you know it. You have no interest whatsoever in stopping the gold spam requests. The names that get reported are completely random, so blocking abcdefg@buymygold.com doesn't stop the next request from zyxwvu@buymygold.com. If you REALLY wanted to help with this, you'd give us the ability to block a domain, so @buymygold.com would never appear again.

It's the same 3 or 4 domains that are responsible for all of the spam friend requests. If you haven't seen that trend in the thousands of blocked requests, then you aren't paying attention, or have no desire to stop the requests. Or worse, you don't have a clue what you're doing.
I currently have 16 gold site friend's requests.

sixteen.

teen
!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get like 10 requests from the same accounts over and over...
I dont really believe there is a efficient system for banning them...
Least in D2 You could play offline or in locked password private room and now get spammed to death..
I had a thread about this couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, it was deleted. But it was a poll asking how many ig gold spam friend requests each person had reported. Aside from the obligatory over9000 answers, the consensus was 100-200 gold spammers reported in game as spam per responder. Interesting.
If you take it so seriously how can I report the same spammer for over a month and get spams from the same account? zzzz.... get a bigger shovel to scoop that crap.
If you were really serious about removing these people you would have an automatic filter setup to cancel the friend request and ban the account of all friend requests that contain the website address.

It can't be too difficult, I only have seen maybe 4 or 5 addresses and I keep reporting them.

This has been my biggest disappointment with the game so far.
Blue response unacceptable. Reporting is not effective since they just hack/make new accounts and spam you with those. Just add:

[x] block all friend requests

Thanks!