Technical Support
Hey, I'v been having trouble logging in all day, sometimes it works and sometimes i get the 3006 error, anyone else having this problem? I'm from the uk and play on the us server in case this matters. I heard changing your DNS server to google could fix this and i gave it a try but it made no difference. Anyone know a way to fix it? Cheers for the help :)
Liam123,

There aren't any server issues that I can see. A 3006 typically indicates a problem connecting to a specific region. Are you able to play on the EU region when getting these errors on the US?
same issues started about 7 hours ago and persist... 3006
DethAxe,

You're going to need to submit a support ticket. When I check the activity on the account you're posting from, it's looking like it's either been compromised or the account is being shared. It's being accessed from all over the world, often on the same day so that would rule out travel.

This article will lead you through the process.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Same issues,but it's OK on the Asia region.
01/01/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Omrakos
It's being accessed from all over the world, often on the same day so that would rule out travel.

is this not a bannable offense? i remember that d3 accounts are not allowed to be shared or something similar, someone enlighten me so i may acquire more knowledge.
Yes, account sharing can get the account permanently banned. Usually strange activity like Omrakos described is a sign that the account was compromised though which is what Omrakos said and what the account holder needs to figure out. Most commonly when strange log in patterns are detected the account gets a temporary lock that allows the owner to sort out the issue.

The account policy is here if you really want more knowledge https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-account-access-policy
Liam123,

There aren't any server issues that I can see. A 3006 typically indicates a problem connecting to a specific region. Are you able to play on the EU region when getting these errors on the US?

Hi Omrakos, The problem is intermittent i can get on sometimes but i was able to log into both other regions so it appears the issue is only with the US server which sadly is the only one i want to work. Any ideas on how i can fix this issue?

Edit* I just got logged into the US server but this doesn't mean i will be able to next time, so any ideas on how to stop it would still be great, thanks
Liam123,

You may be experiencing intermittent authentication issues as you have a European Battle.net account and we're experiencing issues related to that right now over there. Out network people are working on it and we're hoping to have it straightened out soon though I don't have an ETA.
Well if you could move all my characters and gear to the EU server I'd get off the US server lol I'm joking of course i'm sure that's not possible, anyway hope its sorted soon I'm in now so i will just try to stay logged in and hope it gets fixed soon, thanks for the info