5 worst games of all time!

Games & Technology
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
D3 isn't really so horribly awful as to make this list. However...

1.) D8
2.) D7
3.) D6
4.) D5
5.) D4

I predict that by Diablo 8, all that will be left is an AH. The installments leading up to that will have progressively less & less 'game' :)
5 worst games that I've personally played (this console generation):

1) Grand Theft Auto 4
2) Tales of Symphonia - Dawn of a New World
3) Resident Evil 6
4) Zelda: Skyward Sword - Inconsistent controls completely ruined the experience
5) Monster Hunter Tri - Much like GTA4 I bought it because of crazy good reviews from critics and fans alike. It's just not my thing. Poor pacing and combat that doesn't appeal to me.
FO3 and DA:O are epic ones.

I don't remember any bad game I played. I had luck in my choices.

DA2, Oblivion and D3 disappointed me, but they were not bad, at all.
Xenophobe on Nintendo
Eragon on any system
GTA4 (waaay too short on release)
Kabuki Warriors on Xbox
FF11

also wanted to mention a couple games i didnt put on my best games ever list:
Digimon Card Battle on PS
Conkers Bad Fur Day on N64
I remember playing Michael Jackson Moon Walker in the Arcade, and it wasn't that bad as I recall, one huge bonus during the good old mid nineties, Pepsi had "Gotta have it cards" that came with a case of pepsi, and inside the arcade some machines accepted the Pepsi cards, Moon walker was one of those, I remember swiping it so many times I put like 99 credits worth of plays so it was like free the rest of the day.

Never played any of the other games you mentioned.

Atari's ET takes the cake for worst game in history through

The hardest game is a little known game called "One" made for the playstation one. There is NO tutorial, from start, to finish you do not stay still or rest or anything, from trying to fight your way through hordes of enemies, collapsing debris, or an environment that is hell bent on killing you.

I would give anyone 500$ to beat it without dying on their first 50 play throughs.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcOjDTfScc
If you can ignore his accent, you will see how the game pulls no punches.
Michael Jackson Moonwalker the Sega Genesis version I never played the arcade version. I can definitely see where there could be a difference.
when you compare rpgs from the 90s to rpgs of today it is like comparing a book to a movie.

Diablo is no exception.

But I play Blizzard games for the gameplay, not the story. It used to be alright, wc and sc and diablo had pretty good themes, but just like all other things, it become diluted.

Until I see the pvp I really can't say how disappointed I am in this game.

I dunno, maybe.

I think in some context this is correct, but in other context they haven't gotten any better or worse, merely just changed their focus in other areas.

if we look at diablo for example, the story was pretty interesting, but it was bare bones and not very themed. It was there but you never got much hint of it, and even when you did it was simple.

D3 had the game actually focus on the story and at least tried to fit a theme too it and improve the presentation of it. However, the story became more contrived and cliche. It was forced on to you and the acting wasn't that good.

I think if you look at a lot of the stories in RPG's you'll find that the older games had better theme and focus but less presentation and depth. Where as the newer games improves on the focus and attempts to add depth, but the theming and presentation either stays the same or gets worse
if we look at diablo for example, the story was pretty interesting, but it was bare bones and not very themed. It was there but you never got much hint of it, and even when you did it was simple.

D3 had the game actually focus on the story and at least tried to fit a theme too it and improve the presentation of it. However, the story became more contrived and cliche. It was forced on to you and the acting wasn't that good.

It was also terribly written. I'm sure that's connected with D3's tortured development history, however.
1) Diablo 3
2) Might and Magic IX
3) Final Fantasy X-2 besides blitzball coaching
4) Crash Bandicoot Team Racing
5) Neverwinter Nights 2
I'll add Master of Orion 3 and Ultima 8.
12/15/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Palach
D3 is not even close to the worst game of all time, but it IS the most disappointing game of all time.

truth
I remember playing Michael Jackson Moon Walker in the Arcade, and it wasn't that bad as I recall, one huge bonus during the good old mid nineties, Pepsi had "Gotta have it cards" that came with a case of pepsi, and inside the arcade some machines accepted the Pepsi cards, Moon walker was one of those, I remember swiping it so many times I put like 99 credits worth of plays so it was like free the rest of the day.

Never played any of the other games you mentioned.

Atari's ET takes the cake for worst game in history through

The hardest game is a little known game called "One" made for the playstation one. There is NO tutorial, from start, to finish you do not stay still or rest or anything, from trying to fight your way through hordes of enemies, collapsing debris, or an environment that is hell bent on killing you.

I would give anyone 500$ to beat it without dying on their first 50 play throughs.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcOjDTfScc
If you can ignore his accent, you will see how the game pulls no punches.

Holy crap. I remember that game. Hell I think I still have it around here somewhere. Anyways yeah I remember playing it when I was younger not knowing wtf to do! Now I know why...
Actually as I reading about some of these games it brings back memories of how horrible movie games were.

Terminator the game for nintendo was hard as hell and horrible

Aliens: it was hard but not horrible but at my age when nintendo and super nintendo came out this game was unbeatable lol

Enter the Matrix: Sucked

Friday the 13th: Nintendo Hard,repetitive,and well just down right impossible for a 6-7 yr old. lol
Knights and merchants
Shadow of the Beast
Bayonetta
Devil May Cry 2
Torchlight 2
'Black and White'

So tedious, it has been forgotten.

Also, it was a hype template for D3.

Critics initially awarded Black & White with high praise, averaging 90% at both Metacritic and GameRankings, based on preliminary gameplay. Some critics, after spending more time reviewing the game, altered their judgement: Black & White was selected by GameSpy as the most overrated game of all time in an article published in September 2003, who cited a lack of true interaction with the game's townspeople and poor use of the much-lauded creatures among reasons the game ultimately disappointed and IGN mentioned the game in one of their podcasts discussing overrated games

(Wikipedia)