D3 revised Battlenet Screenshots! Must See!

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 37 Next
I take no credit whatsoever for these, I am simply spreading the word.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/

PLEASE look at these screenshots
PLEASE comment/bump this post
and/or
PLEASE repost this link

Would love to see something like this in the next patch. The current chat/character screen is an insult to the Diablo franchise's functionality and legacy.
Another based-on-diablo 2.

Do you know the word : innovation?

Or you will always be stuck in the 90s?
This would be a great additional

Please do something like this...

Or bring back being able to join games with game names (so we can choose a PVP room/trading room/Key grinding/ubers)

Its not that were stuck on d2, its that it works the best
12/17/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Furn

innovation =/= regression

Do I really need to list the benefits that the D2 chat lobby offered compared to what we have now? Here's a parallel: Drive a modern-day luxury car with bells and whistles, then go buy a Model T.

With regards to people concerned about other priorities (pvp, more content, etc.) I AGREE.. however I expect that this multi-billion dollar company should be able to handle more than one thing at once. Do you really think they couldn't make a few (what are largely) cosmetic changes to the character/chat lobby screen while also doing other things?
great idea
D3

PLEASE HIRE THIS PERSON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUMP
!@#$ing need to see this in game!
Another based-on-diablo 2.

Or you will always be stuck in the 90s?

Can I come over and make some innovations to your home?

I'll knock it down and replace it with a cardboard box, sound good?
bump

I gotta say, they look amazing, but seriously? You think Blizz will do it. Can they even handle those changes?

We all know the answers
Can I come over and make some innovations to your home?

I'll knock it down and replace it with a cardboard box, sound good?

ROTFL! PERFECT RESPONSE
They don't understand a lot of things.

In their brain it all goes into "why the hell do they want that junk, my system is so simple a caveman could use it!!! they must have rose colored glasses on or something or maybe they are just losers"
^^

Its a little late now to add this because all you will see is barbarian botters filling chat lobbies and it would only make the game that much more meh

+1

Blizzard has simply dug themselves into a hole and have only realized that now.
12/17/2012 11:49 AMPosted by CrazyL3gs
Or bring back being able to join games with game names (so we can choose a PVP room/trading room/Key grinding/ubers)

How awesome would this be? If I want to grind keys or Ubers, currently I either A) Hope that my ever-dwindling pool of friends is online, or B) Hope that I can use the chat to find people, which is a PITA.

Imagine this: You can see the game name, monster power, and Act. Even better: you can see how many NV stacks the party leader has! If he's got 0 or 1, go ahead and join, but if they've already gotten 3-5 stacks, look for another game.

Also, right now I am so. very. bored. with this game. I can only do so many A3 speed runs on MP1 before my forehead literally hits my desk. I would love to browse a bunch of available games.. heck I'll do a Whimsy run once in a while with a group just for fun. Or I could join games where people ask for "help" on a certain quest.

I believe that enhancing the social aspect would bring a missing element back to this game, and it would help a LOT more than some people think.
+1, nice work!
Bump

Absolutely love the !improvements! Blizzard should really look into adapting some of these ideas.
+1 bump it
Do I really need to list the benefits that the D2 chat lobby offered compared to what we have now? Here
Well, yes...because all the «social» ive seen in diablo 2 was bots spaming and «nigma ft» and things like this.

All of this is not what i call «social» sorry.
12/17/2012 12:14 PMPosted by StarFox
This revised art is from a suggestion made by a forum poster from when the game was in beta, everyone agreed it was better than blizzards model but it still didn't make it in.
Didn't notice the post timestamp until you said it.

However, wow. I would LOVE to see Blizzard integrate this design into D3. We didn't need new chat colors and font sizes, we needed something like this.

Blizzard, just take one for the team, scrap the current chat system completely, and rewrite it as this. No idea work necessary, just code it.