D3 revised Battlenet Screenshots! Must See!

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 37 Next
12/18/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Spitwod
Dont you see blizzard doesnt want you to be able to make your own games with game names. If you remember from Diablo 2 the main purpose of making a game was to trade something they want you to use the AH. Anti social is the way blizzard designed you to open your wallet.

Almost...

Having your item posted on the AH which allows for filters and quick searching should have a premium charge..Making a game called "Selling Godly GG BS" will only attract 4 people at a time..

People already try to trade in chat and forums, but I would assume most chat about wanting to trade doesn't actually happen and turns out to be just spam.
I read the forums all the time, but never bother to sign on to reply to any (as most of them are troll forums). I bothered to sign on for THIS. These are awesome. nuff said.

Bump.
OP: These HUD variations were made when D3 Beta reached more people, and the right people. That feedback was the one they should have paid attention for, especially because there was literally no body who didn't liked at least 1 or 2 variations of these new HUDs. Or UIs, whatever.

And what Blizzard did?
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG
Yesssss
Oh and before I forget, the constructive feedback: Version 3 is far more the best. Has some general artistic menu parts (I LOVE the upper line with that menu). V4 however, feels too locked, too amateur, it makes you feel like you are watching Excel with some pictures. V3 is perfect.
yes love this idea bump.
Yeah this looks great, now if they could only fix the way you can scroll through text. Currently pressing the up and down arrows for 1 frame scrolls about 1 page of text.
It's a p.o.c., obviously requires some work to be a real deliverable, but DEFINITIVELY a huge improvement. That's the direction to go Blizz.
Bring back social tools to diablo!
I dont like this ... its kind of faill.
Noone take the resolution of different peoples, for example this with low res this will look bad ......
A+ worked on those Screen Log .
I Love it.
I dont like this ... its kind of faill.
Noone take the resolution of different peoples, for example this with low res this will look bad ......

V3 does. But if we're deciding how UI's look on 640x480 then we should probably quit making games in 2012 lol. Though in most cases games just scale down, after doing auto layout, ie for windowed.

It's a p.o.c., obviously requires some work to be a real deliverable, but DEFINITIVELY a huge improvement. That's the direction to go Blizz.
Bring back social tools to diablo!

Yeah I mean i made it not to say "this is final design", I made it to show some Diablo 2 features using D3 art. I made these images in 2 days of insanity lol.

D3 is more elegant right now, some of you are right, but you can't deny we lost many social features and community stuff. Edit: I should have put in a named games list on V4 or something... because that's actually what's most important to me. But what's done is done.

Edit 2: If people are interested, here are different examples of PC game UI's... there seems to be 2 styles honestly: the D3 minimalist style, and then the full-screen frames style.
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2010/06/cs-main-menu-screen-1024x576.jpg
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7634957
--
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7172/dota2abandoned.png
http://www.mac-gamer.com/history/mac-gamer.com/3/features/bnetbig2.gif
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/FrozenArbiter/SC2/USA1_resized.png
http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bnet-chat-sc2.jpg
up
Wow impressive. Definitley brings back some of that good old Diablo II nostalgia... wish they would do something like this. I remember the first time i logged into Diablo III and the menu screen made my reaction "WTF is THIS?!" haha.
blizz is never actually going to do what we want, d3 is still online isn't it?
I've been playing Diablo 3 steadily for a few months and have made only 1 online friend with this poor excuse for a Battle.net social system. With the original Battle.net I made at least 35+ friends.

Get it together Blizz.
BEST IDEA I SAW. Blizz please.
The UI should have looked like that from the begining.. Its sad that blizzard dumbed down Diablo 3 so much that they even dumbed down the UI.. They even dumbed down the MP server browser to a console type match making system..

When will devs stop dumbing down games? When will they start making great games again and stop trying to make games that cater to the lowest common denominator?
First of all, props, big ups, and kudos to OneTwo ^ for making these almost a year ago! Just wanna be clear that I posted this thread to raise awareness for his designs, which I myself just stumbled upon a few days ago.. I had nothing to do whatsoever with these creatively.

Now on to a rather salient point:
12/18/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Spitwod
Dont you see blizzard doesnt want you to be able to make your own games with game names. If you remember from Diablo 2 the main purpose of making a game was to trade something they want you to use the AH. Anti social is the way blizzard designed you to open your wallet.

Last night I logged into D3. I switched between my 5 characters, sitting for perhaps 30 seconds to a minute on each one, thinking about what I might like to do.. but I never joined or created a game. Only 2 of my ~40 friends were online. Chat was kinda dead.
I could not bring myself to play. I am tired of Alk speed runs, tired of getting crap hellfires, tired tired tired! You know what would make me "un-tired"? The social aspect. Seeing open games, seeing what the players in them strive to do.. Do you need help questing through inferno? How about a key run? Ubers? I should not have to 'spam' looking for group, disconnect/re-login, spam it again, ad infinitum, to find a game!

Step 1: institute changes something along the lines of OneTwo's designs with the functionality we all CRAVE. I think 99% of players are with me on this.
Step 2... well this would involve radically altering the auction house, or adding an aspect to it I'd call the "Exchange House"

Admittedly it just occurred to me as I read Spitwood's post (quoted above) so I haven't really fleshed it out. It just struck me that one of the things about D3 that is lacking, that is responsible for my waning interest, is trading.. and by extension, itemization.

First of all, if you found a unique in D2, it was automatically very good. In other words, the massive margin for suckitude that exists in D3's legendaries simply did not exist. Perhaps one version of a unique would have a little less damage or +2 to a skill instead of +3, but it was still serviceable. In D3, the AH is full of legendaries posted at prices lower than the value of their salvage materials. Nuff said.

Secondly, even though, as time went on, players found ways to be rushed through the game (Nightmare difficulty was especially empty), Diablo 2's normal mode was not even close to the faceroll that D3's Normal, Nightmare, and even Hell modes are. Consequently, players spent more time out of the highest difficulty, which meant that finding unique and set items was fun and useful throughout the whole game.

Let me bring this back to the social aspect: Diablo 2 encouraged and enabled 100 times more interaction between players than Diablo 3 does. If you were a level 95 with mules full of goodies, you could create a game in Normal titled "free" and play Santa Claus. If you were a level 12 stumbling through Normal, you could create a game "help me A1". If you were a super powerful high level character, you could join lower level games (provided they didn't filter you), and have fun stomping monsters and impressing the lower level chars:) ..And of course, you could create games in which it would be known that trading was the primary activity. Can't get much more social than that!

Here's how I wish the Auction House would have been designed: More of an "Exchange House". Players post items for trade and list items they will accept in exchange. With the way most legendaries can roll any primary stat, this would be most evidently useful if you found say.. an intelligence Mempo and wanted a Strength one instead. But of course, you could post a Lacuni with high dex and crit chance, and put an IK chest with certain stats as one of your 'desired items'. You see where I'm going with this?

But of course, this cuts out the gold sink, and in real money terms, their "commission"

Sorry for the long post, but I really do think it's related to the topic here, which is that OneTwo's designs bely the sort of social functionality that helped D2 endure for many many years. D3 feels to me like it's running on fumes.