Can't invulnerable monsters return in MP5?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
If you bring back invulnerable mobs, please bring back the rage timer also.
12/17/2012 05:03 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
We don’t have any current plans for the Invulnerable affix to rear its head and return. We felt it was a frustrating affix for many players, and that it was out of line with the other affixes, which is why we removed it. In a similar way, we feel that the Reflects Damage affix isn’t quite where we want it to be, which is why we’re looking intomaking some adjustments to the mechanics of how it works, as well as fixing a related bug.

Wow another change in the works , the game is already too easy.. just come out with new legendary/set items and try to people crafting again that will get people back playing again..
Oh and PVP too :)
I'd much rather have elemental resistances back. And real elemental damange. Invulnerable Minions was just a pain.
12/17/2012 02:29 PMPosted by vexorian
I keep reading about this feature, unfortunately, I came to the game after it was removed. It sounds really interesting and cool, and I wish that, once I got better gear good enough for higher MPs , I could be able to experience it :(

Honestly it can't come back because some people suck.
I actually really enjoyed Invulnerable - if you check my past post history, you will see even when the nerf bat was coming their way, I did advocate keeping them.

That being said, I did understand why they were taken out. Not everybody likes to have a full AoE skill on their skill bar esp for some classes their AoE skills are not that great.

I only realised this AFTER invulnerable minions were taken out because while they were in, I only played DH, Monk, and WD.

But even still, I would really like to have them back... they were fun =(
Invuln minions was TERRIBLE, It was practically impossible to kill the elites and if you could typically you ran into the enrage timer and got rolled. You have to remember when Invulnerable was an affix the enrage timers and health regen was still in Inferno which made it impossible to kill them if you died even once.

Worst Invuln combo ever was - Arcane Jailer Fast Invuln Minions, I was in Act 2 Sewers. I had to restart the game cuz I couldnt physically get past them.
Invulnerable affix was fine as long as it wasn't on a flying monster!! Wraiths, Morlus, insects, anything that could fly off the edge of the map should not of had invulnerable minions. That was the most frustrating part of the affix.
If you guys at blizzard are working on the affixes, kick the Avenger one too. Make all elites and packs natural avengers and come up with a new one for the affix. The elites need some kind of buff.
12/17/2012 02:29 PMPosted by vexorian
I keep reading about this feature, unfortunately, I came to the game after it was removed. It sounds really interesting and cool, and I wish that, once I got better gear good enough for higher MPs , I could be able to experience it :(

There's a quick fix. Whenever you want invulnerable monsters. Just remove your weapon from you hand and enjoy the new found bliss of being able to do basically nothing as they chase and attempt to eat you.

Do this for weeks straight and have fun with less loot and experience. Let us know how that goes and how much you enjoy the new repair cost.
12/17/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Jimmer411
Vampiric, Health link, Sheilded, Invulnerable

I don't think this combination was even possible. health link is for blues, invulnerable was for yellows, they were exclusive to those types of elites.
I have to say Invulnerable packs were often a lot of trouble. I enjoy fighting challenging packs, but those were sometimes just unfair/impossible. I really liked their yellow shield animation though, and I'm kind off missing this affix.

Maybe a middle road is possible? How about Elite packs were one or two Minions have permanent Invulnerability while the others can be killed the normal way? This would still add some nice variation, bring the yellow shield animation back, add some strategy without breaking the Elite packs themselves IMHO.
It was a horrible experience.

Waller, Molten, Arcane, Invulnerable
THIS COMBO WAS POSSIBLE

Horde, Shielded, Arcane, Invulnerable
THIS COMBO HAS 3 AFFIXES ALL FROM THE SAME 1 LIMIT GROUP, NOT POSSIBLE

Vampiric, Health link, Sheilded, Invulnerable
THIS COMBO NOT ONLY HAS ALL 4 AFFIXES FROM THE SAME 1 LIMIT GROUP, BUT ONE IS A CHAMP ONLY AFFIX AND ONE IS A RARE ONLY AFFIX, THIS ALSO WAS NOT POSSIBLE

The list goes on and on. 9/10 times you got a combo that you just couldnt kill in any reasonable amount of time. It was more beneficial to skip them completely or create a new game if you couldnt avoid them.

I edited your post with capitals.

Here are the categories:

"Strong CC" (Limit 1):
Knockback
Nightmarish
Vortex

"Defensive" (Limit 1):
Avenger
Extra Health
Health Link
Horde
Illusionist
Missile Dampening
Invulnerable Minions
Shielding
Vampiric

"Aggressive" (No Limit):
ArcaneEnchanted
Desecrator
Electrified
Fast
Fire Chains
Frozen
Jailer
Molten
Mortar
Plagued
Reflects Damage
Teleporter
Waller
12/18/2012 01:15 PMPosted by gooddaytodie
What about horde?
try horde illusion... now thats awesome blossom, LOL

Again, not possible.
I have an idea of how invulnerable minions might work:

Bring it back but make it so that the champion is crippled with half hp and cannot roll an extra health affix. and make the invulnerable minions affected by stun/freeze/blind/slow and damage reduction procs.

Also throwing around an idea on an assassin style elite mob affix, where periodically (around the same frequency as shielding), (only) one blue monster out of the pack will start glowing/flashing/pop a flaming skull icon on its head with a slow, ominous, and visually obvious build-up. During that brief period, (maybe 2-3 sec) this monster will hit for an instant kill and cannot miss, necessitating all players to flee until it stops glowing. Probably should be limited to normal attacks from melee monsters tho (mortars/electrified and other affix-related projectiles don't count).

Also, make walls destroyable (with moderate-high HP). Frustrating when I'm bringing the hurt and they put a wall in front of my arrows and run like cowards.

Again, not possible.
well ok.... then i guess it wasnt "horde" but there where 5 monsters 1 gold 4 normal non colored monsters, probably minion? and all of the illusioned.

Yes.

The best Illusion mobs are Morlu Incinerators because the air attack is a mob ability therefore the illusions (who don't actually get affixes) also call down air strikes.

The best time I ever had in D3 was trying beat down a rare pack and a champion pack of Morlu Incinerators which both had Illusionist. They spawn camped me until naked. I eventually managed a port to repair and eventually finished them off after a lot more deaths.
Act 4 in 1.0.3. You've seen nothing like it, meteor shower.